RB David Oku

Oku on NU: "I haven't heard from them"

David Oku told the Journal Star on Monday night that people should not read too much into the fact he moved to Lincoln to finish high school, and that he hasn't been in contact with Husker coaches in some time.

Enrolled at Lincoln East as of Monday, the highly-touted running back recruit said East is "a better school for me."

"Coming here also gives me extra classes that my other school (Carl Albert High School in Midwest City, Okla.) wouldn't offer me," he added.

He does have a girlfriend who goes to UNL, but he said he moved here because he thought the school would better prepare him for college.

"It had nothing to do with an emotional thing with a girlfriend. ... That had nothing to do with it. I've heard the craziest things, that she's pregnant and all this. No, no. I came here because of school."

On the topic of football, he said his coming here shouldn't lead people to think he's signing with Nebraska. All indications are that Nebraska has halted its recruiting of running backs for this class.

"I haven't heard anything from them," Oku said. "I heard reports I moved down here because I wanted to go to Nebraska. If that's the case, I would have signed my letter of intent. Don't get me wrong, Nebraska's a great school. But I haven't had contact with coaches or anything."

As for other potential schools?

"I don't have a leader at all, anything like that. My whole thing is I'm focused on school. I'm really not too worried about football right now. ... Recruiting's been dead really."

I'll tell you who's not happy: Auburn fans. They're saying some pretty nasty things on their message boards. Apparently, they think the University of Nebraska set this girl up to meet him in an attempt to lure him here.

SEC fans complaining of possible shady recruiting practices? Isn't that one of the signs of the Armageddon?

Touche ARKIE Husker........that is one of the funniest things I've heard yet.

Sidenote: ARHUSKER FAN, went down to Harrison, AR a few years back, my first time in the Ozarks, I live here in wide open plains land, Colorado/Nebraska, when I woke up from the nights drive to find myself there, I thought I was in a jungle. You can't see anywhere and it took me days for the claustrophobia to wear off. Trees everywhere, it is a jungle and the craziest roads I've ever been on.

Let's lay out what has been confirmed and what hasn't

STUFF THAT IS TRUE/CONFIRMED

He is enrolled at Lincoln East

He may be living with his girlfriend, he may not (direct quote)

He's going to be living in an apartment (direct quote)

His parents did not buy him a house (direct quote)

He strongly denied that it was because of a pregnant girlfriend (not saying it's not true, saying HE says it's not true)

STUFF THAT IS JUST OUR IMAGINATION (AS OF RIGHT NOW)

uhhh.....everything else

Thanks Horacio Caine <_<

Pics of girlfriend

l_3d01350d49014db6a7659cdfe91b0810.jpg

l_2ac58febcb9f435eb77216705bf18b3c.jpg

I didn't find these, I am just passing on what I've seen other people post. I personally probably wouldn't want anything to do with her (not saying for sure because I dont' know the girl), but I can't imagine wanting to be with a girl who thinks she needs to look like that.

Pics of girlfriend

l_3d01350d49014db6a7659cdfe91b0810.jpg

l_2ac58febcb9f435eb77216705bf18b3c.jpg

I didn't find these, I am just passing on what I've seen other people post. I personally probably wouldn't want anything to do with her (not saying for sure because I dont' know the girl), but I can't imagine wanting to be with a girl who thinks she needs to look like that.

She really shocks you? Seriously?

She doesn't SHOCK me, just doesn't impress me.

As for the recent update 2 posts above, aren't there other HSs in OKie land that could offer the same things??

I thought it was posted months ago that this guy had quite an uphill battle to qualify. Seems like moving states to where you GF is probably wouldn't help, but what do I know. I do know that I was an 18 year old once and I know exactly what are on their minds!!

***SNIP***

Sidenote: ARHUSKER FAN, went down to Harrison, AR a few years back, my first time in the Ozarks, I live here in wide open plains land, Colorado/Nebraska, when I woke up from the nights drive to find myself there, I thought I was in a jungle. You can't see anywhere and it took me days for the claustrophobia to wear off. Trees everywhere, it is a jungle and the craziest roads I've ever been on.

Like living in a rain forest. And don't dare get lost in there - they still have moonshine stills and pot patches that they guard with booby traps. Seriously...