Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

I still say 4-8 for Kansas in 2008, with NU not being one of the 4. KU caught a lot of people by surprise last year (I mean...who honestly really put an emphasis on preparing for KANSAS before the season started?) what with your new QB running the show...but this year will be a different story. Reesing is a known quantity now. Lots of film available for review. Offensive and defensive sets and personnel are going to be known and planned for this year...

The story is going to be a lot different with NU because right now, nobody knows what's going to be coming out of Lincoln so NU is going to be that much more difficult to set up a game plan against. You won't know sets, plays or personnel till you experience it. You can't even plan around coaching tendencies because Bo has never been the HC.

That's why NU has a good chance at gaining the top tier of the North while KU, along with the fun schedule in 08, will be floundering around at the bottom. We'll leave the light on for you so you don't fall down the stairs on your way to the cellar....just don't step on KSU as they will already be there.

LOL! I have to admit that was pretty funny cy. :rollin I really hope you're wrong on the prediction though. I'll still stick by my 10-2 prediction for my Hawks. I just like the mental focus of this team and Reesing being back, along with basically the entire defense that was nothing but consistant last season. Still though, the cellar line is classic. My KSU buddy just read it and he can't stop laughing because he knows KSU is toast before the season even starts. They're just beggin for Ronny Prince to get canned!!

I still say 4-8 for Kansas in 2008, with NU not being one of the 4. KU caught a lot of people by surprise last year (I mean...who honestly really put an emphasis on preparing for KANSAS before the season started?) what with your new QB running the show...but this year will be a different story. Reesing is a known quantity now. Lots of film available for review. Offensive and defensive sets and personnel are going to be known and planned for this year...

The story is going to be a lot different with NU because right now, nobody knows what's going to be coming out of Lincoln so NU is going to be that much more difficult to set up a game plan against. You won't know sets, plays or personnel till you experience it. You can't even plan around coaching tendencies because Bo has never been the HC.

That's why NU has a good chance at gaining the top tier of the North while KU, along with the fun schedule in 08, will be floundering around at the bottom. We'll leave the light on for you so you don't fall down the stairs on your way to the cellar....just don't step on KSU as they will already be there.

LOL, funny stuff! :woo I was gonna say the thing about KU being more of a known quantity going into '08, so I'm glad you took up the slack there. I don't recall, but did they score many points last year in games other than against us? Their other best game was against aTm...looked good there(total surprise).

But I think KU is a well coached team, so they will probably get to the 8 win mark. They will be tested and they will have to prove themselves. It would be funny if ISU snuck up and bit 'em in their collective feathered tush though, would love to see that.... :corndance Might even cause their state emblem guy to fully pinch that loaf he's currently holding onto.

As for preparing for Big Red, I suppose peeps will look at LSU film from the last 3 yrs and our O shouldnt be too far removed from what we were doing under Calli, though one would hope it's less convoluted. I think we will be able to just straight up run on most teams we face....Castille and Lucky will be a powerful duo :box

Dear ZeBop, Coach Bo, Lucky & Castille,

Please run the ball everytime!! We can't wait!

Sincerely,

The KU linebacking crew of Joe Mortenson, Mike Rivera, and James Holt-and their 300 combined tackles last season.

LOL, funny stuff! :woo I was gonna say the thing about KU being more of a known quantity going into '08, so I'm glad you took up the slack there. I don't recall, but did they score many points last year in games other than against us? Their other best game was against aTm...looked good there(total surprise).

But I think KU is a well coached team, so they will probably get to the 8 win mark. They will be tested and they will have to prove themselves. It would be funny if ISU snuck up and bit 'em in their collective feathered tush though, would love to see that.... :corndance Might even cause their state emblem guy to fully pinch that loaf he's currently holding onto.

As for preparing for Big Red, I suppose peeps will look at LSU film from the last 3 yrs and our O shouldnt be too far removed from what we were doing under Calli, though one would hope it's less convoluted. I think we will be able to just straight up run on most teams we face....Castille and Lucky will be a powerful duo :box

Dear ZeBop, Coach Bo, Lucky & Castille,

Please run the ball everytime!! We can't wait!

Sincerely,

The KU linebacking crew of Joe Mortenson, Mike Rivera, and James Holt-and their 300 combined tackles last season.

Is it good that LBs are getting that many tackles? Isn't the D line supposed to make tackles too?

We are used to being on an elite level though we haven't seen that for the past 7 years. The mentality and standards here are different than what has been the case for a school like KU. It's like, so you guys had a good team last year and made it to a high profile bowl game and beat a decent--though not championship-level team(VT). I applaud your success, but at the same time it's the only time it's happened for you guys in about 30 years and you didn't even win the conference. So the feeling here is like, 'KU Fan get over yourselves', your team has a long long way to go to get from flash-in-the-pan statis to being considered a perennial force in CFB. It was apparent in the KU/MU game last year that KU wasn't quite ready for the spotlight until late in the game, after it had pretty much been decided. I was very surprised that they beat VT, which showed me they adapted pretty quickly to being in a big game. Credit to Mangino.

I agree. KU has one good year, and now the KU "fans" that "have been with the football team x number of years" are coming out of the wood work. Will they be as supportive if KU doesn't post as good of a record as last year? It's going to be tough for them with their schedule with possible losses against South Florida, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas, and Missouri (this doesn't even include the away game against Nebraska). That's six games. Six games that KU will have to play at 100% if they want to win. We shall see what KU's record is after a little tougher schedule.

And as I have noted in previous posts, it is not a done deal that NE will return to dominance, it is a very critical time for Big Red at this point... CFB is different now, I'm still scratching my head at how OU got waxed by WV in that bowl....that was shocking considering WV was also going thru coaching upheaval, had gotten embarrassed by Pitt and OU was seemingly hitting on all cylinders going into that game...:yeah

Pat White. Enough said.

We had the best attendance in our early games, before anyone new we were going to be good, than we have ever had. We have had a very steady growth in interest, even before we knew we were going to have a season like we did. I have had season tickets for years, and if you think our fans were unfair to not fill the stadium to watch a team that could not even compete in almost half its games for years at a time, I think you are not being very realistic. If the Big Red play like KU did before mangino for 30 years, this message board would get a lot less busy. They likely won't, too much momentum, but I did not just become a supposed fan because we are winning...

Sorry Cy, not happening... We both know who will be fighting to stay out of last, and best wishes on that effort.

We are used to being on an elite level though we haven't seen that for the past 7 years. The mentality and standards here are different than what has been the case for a school like KU. It's like, so you guys had a good team last year and made it to a high profile bowl game and beat a decent--though not championship-level team(VT). I applaud your success, but at the same time it's the only time it's happened for you guys in about 30 years and you didn't even win the conference. So the feeling here is like, 'KU Fan get over yourselves', your team has a long long way to go to get from flash-in-the-pan statis to being considered a perennial force in CFB. It was apparent in the KU/MU game last year that KU wasn't quite ready for the spotlight until late in the game, after it had pretty much been decided. I was very surprised that they beat VT, which showed me they adapted pretty quickly to being in a big game. Credit to Mangino.

I agree. KU has one good year, and now the KU "fans" that "have been with the football team x number of years" are coming out of the wood work. Will they be as supportive if KU doesn't post as good of a record as last year? It's going to be tough for them with their schedule with possible losses against South Florida, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas, and Missouri (this doesn't even include the away game against Nebraska). That's six games. Six games that KU will have to play at 100% if they want to win. We shall see what KU's record is after a little tougher schedule.

And as I have noted in previous posts, it is not a done deal that NE will return to dominance, it is a very critical time for Big Red at this point... CFB is different now, I'm still scratching my head at how OU got waxed by WV in that bowl....that was shocking considering WV was also going thru coaching upheaval, had gotten embarrassed by Pitt and OU was seemingly hitting on all cylinders going into that game...:yeah

Pat White. Enough said.

yep, KU will do well to get 8 wins outta the reg. season, and it will be like, 'wow, we are so good...' yada, yada......in NE that is a failed season, but how could a KU fan ever understand that?(except in roundball)

and another 'yep' rgdg. Pat White, though I didnt think he could make the Sooners look so bad... :thumbs

8 wins is pretty good, I hope we can get 9 or more, but 8 or 9 are very likely outcomes. Don't care what Nebrska's standard is, we are not Nebraska. We are trying to build a consistent winning program. So we need to... Win consistently, and 8 is not too bad. You string that in between 12-1 and successfully better teams later and you have built a good program. It is you who do not understand, you want to crap on our progress cause we are not Nebraska in the 90s. You don't just become that, you build to it. So forgive me for not having unrealistic expectations of our coach and kids. Fans who think they are "entitiled to win" run off good people with their impatience. No one is entitled, in the end everyone straps it on and earns it, and we need to keep building gradually toward our goal and be thankful we got a BCS bowl win to help get there.

Pat White. Enough said.

We had the best attendance in our early games, before anyone new we were going to be good, than we have ever had. We have had a very steady growth in interest, even before we knew we were going to have a season like we did. I have had season tickets for years, and if you think our fans were unfair to not fill the stadium to watch a team that could not even compete in almost half its games for years at a time, I think you are not being very realistic. If the Big Red play like KU did before mangino for 30 years, this message board would get a lot less busy. They likely won't, too much momentum, but I did not just become a supposed fan because we are winning...

Not sure what your point is, did someone accuse you specifically of not being a good fan? You can't deny that KU has spawned off a ton of new fair weather fans in that state, it's only natural, people like to watch a winner.

Look at it this way, if KU's roundball team had a few bad years and NE happened to put together a more successfull team for a year, there would be alot more people here interested in NE basketball. But I doubt that too many NE fans would be going around saying how we are the class of the Big XII in basketball, yada yada, based solely on that.

So, that's what all this KU FB smack looks like to us now...

And I think I'm losing interest in this subject.... <_<

Pat White. Enough said.

yep, KU will do well to get 8 wins outta the reg. season, and it will be like, 'wow, we are so good...' yada, yada......in NE that is a failed season, but how could a KU fan ever understand that?(except in roundball)

and another 'yep' rgdg. Pat White, though I didnt think he could make the Sooners look so bad... :thumbs

8 wins is pretty good, I hope we can get 9 or more, but 8 or 9 are very likely outcomes. Don't care what Nebrska's standard is, we are not Nebraska. We are trying to build a consistent winning program. So we need to... Win consistently, and 8 is not too bad. You string that in between 12-1 and successfully better teams later and you have built a good program. It is you who do not understand, you want to crap on our progress cause we are not Nebraska in the 90s. You don't just become that, you build to it. So forgive me for not having unrealistic expectations of our coach and kids. Fans who think they are "entitiled to win" run off good people with their impatience. No one is entitled, in the end everyone straps it on and earns it, and we need to keep building gradually toward our goal and be thankful we got a BCS bowl win to help get there.

Yeah, it's actually getting to the point where 8-9 wins might get a team into the NC game. LSU was 10-2 I think last year going into the NC game.

LOL! I have to admit that was pretty funny cy. :rollin I really hope you're wrong on the prediction though. I'll still stick by my 10-2 prediction for my Hawks. I just like the mental focus of this team and Reesing being back, along with basically the entire defense that was nothing but consistant last season. Still though, the cellar line is classic. My KSU buddy just read it and he can't stop laughing because he knows KSU is toast before the season even starts. They're just beggin for Ronny Prince to get canned!!

didnt you lose a 1st round draft pick? thats gonna hurt a little

Yeah, we did. It will hurt, but we did get back a huge number of players, so we lose some there and will get better in other places. I would guess our defense stays the same, our offense is the question mark (it will be fine, but will be get better or lose a little). Replacing our LT who left early will be pretty important due to our reliance on Reesing...

Yeah, we did. It will hurt, but we did get back a huge number of players, so we lose some there and will get better in other places. I would guess our defense stays the same, our offense is the question mark (it will be fine, but will be get better or lose a little). Replacing our LT who left early will be pretty important due to our reliance on Reesing...

I'm confident that Jeff Spikes will do just fine in Collins place. He is very talented and Mangino has been quoted saying he will be the best lineman to ever suit up for the hawks. And Aqib Talib is only one player. Football is a team sport and we are very well coached and fundamentaly sound.

I'm confident that Jeff Spikes will do just fine in Collins place. He is very talented and Mangino has been quoted saying he will be the best lineman to ever suit up for the hawks. And Aqib Talib is only one player. Football is a team sport and we are very well coached and fundamentaly sound.

I've never seen a cornerback get burned so many times and receive so much praise. He's good........but he's not the best cornerback to ever play the game.

I've never seen a cornerback get burned so many times and receive so much praise. He's good........but he's not the best cornerback to ever play the game.

I watched every KU game last year and only saw him get burned twice. Jordy Nelson beat him deep, but he did push off. All corners get beat, even Deion used to get beat, that's part of the game. Usually if a great corner gets beat it's because they bite on a pump fake or jump routes. Aqib was one of the most aggresive corners we've had at KU. He'll be missed.

I watched every KU game last year and only saw him get burned twice. Jordy Nelson beat him deep, but he did push off. All corners get beat, even Deion used to get beat, that's part of the game. Usually if a great corner gets beat it's because they bite on a pump fake or jump routes. Aqib was one of the most aggresive corners we've had at KU. He'll be missed.

Maurice Purify beat him at least once, maybe twice (i don't remember exactly)