Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

I'm confident that Jeff Spikes will do just fine in Collins place. He is very talented and Mangino has been quoted saying he will be the best lineman to ever suit up for the hawks. And Aqib Talib is only one player. Football is a team sport and we are very well coached and fundamentaly sound.

I've never seen a cornerback get burned so many times and receive so much praise. He's good........but he's not the best cornerback to ever play the game.

I watched every KU game last year and only saw him get burned twice. Jordy Nelson beat him deep, but he did push off. All corners get beat, even Deion used to get beat, that's part of the game. Usually if a great corner gets beat it's because they bite on a pump fake or jump routes. Aqib was one of the most aggresive corners we've had at KU. He'll be missed.

Maurice Purify beat him at least once, maybe twice (i don't remember exactly)

Not last year.

I'm confident that Jeff Spikes will do just fine in Collins place. He is very talented and Mangino has been quoted saying he will be the best lineman to ever suit up for the hawks. And Aqib Talib is only one player. Football is a team sport and we are very well coached and fundamentaly sound.

I've never seen a cornerback get burned so many times and receive so much praise. He's good........but he's not the best cornerback to ever play the game.

I watched every KU game last year and only saw him get burned twice. Jordy Nelson beat him deep, but he did push off. All corners get beat, even Deion used to get beat, that's part of the game. Usually if a great corner gets beat it's because they bite on a pump fake or jump routes. Aqib was one of the most aggresive corners we've had at KU. He'll be missed.

Not last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ9A6KhY0RQ

I was right, there were two of them on there

Not last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ9A6KhY0RQ

I was right, there were two of them on there

No, he watched EVERY game, remember!?!?!? :P

I guess it must be that selective memory everyone talks about.

K, so like this thread is going on forever........Make it stoooop!

Looks like the main themes are on at least their third repetition....who'da thunk? Yet, I shoulder some of the blame.

It must be because KU Fan has had this all pent up for 1/2 a century now and how cool is it of obliging Big Red Fan to let them rant on.......?.

carry on....... dedhoarse

Looks like the main themes are on at least their third repetition....who'da thunk? Yet, I shoulder some of the blame.

It must be because KU Fan has had this all pent up for 1/2 a century now and how cool is it of obliging Big Red Fan to let them rant on.......?.

There is alot of truth behind that Zebop! :box

There is alot of truth behind that Zebop! :box

fo' realz

:koolaid2: <-----J'Birds new 'power ade'.

Is it good that LBs are getting that many tackles? Isn't the D line supposed to make tackles too?

Huh?

Aren't Defenses still designed to have the D-line pressure the QB and keep the offensive line off the Linebackers to allow the LB's to get the majority of the tackles?

You're in trouble when your safety gets most of the tackles.. <_<

Is it good that LBs are getting that many tackles? Isn't the D line supposed to make tackles too?

Huh?

Aren't Defenses still designed to have the D-line pressure the QB and keep the offensive line off the Linebackers to allow the LB's to get the majority of the tackles?

I concur, saftey tackles bad. I also concur desperately that KU fans, the hard core ones who have waited so long to be good, who have dreamed of having a solid program, are a little clingy right now... SO true.

Huh?

I concur, saftey tackles bad. I also concur desperately that KU fans, the hard core ones who have waited so long to be good, who have dreamed of having a solid program, are a little clingy right now... SO true.

Well, I always thought in a good defense the D line is primarily responsible for stopping the run--like, at the line, behind the line-- in addition to rushing the pass. Maybe that's 'old school' since nobody runs anymore...

It wouldn't surprise me if we live to see the day where Ds no longer use down big lineman persay, just a bunch of athletic LB/CB type guys, losely arranged around the line(and back), ready to chase hyper spread offenses all over the field.....the game more resembling basketball :corndance ......I blame it all on Mike Leach....

• 4 weeks later...

i'll bite, i see only 2 ways nebraska beats mizzo, a win against vt makes nebraska hungry and confidant and they come out and beat mizzo the next game. Or if nebraska loses to vt(can't lose big(they lose all confidance) can't lose close(they get heart broken and come out flat the next week)) nebraska will be looking for payback and since both KU and MU haven't won in nebraska since what...dan devine coached at MU and Josh davies father played at KU?

THEY BETTER WIN, besides the sellout record (which is the best record a school can ever hope for) we only have the win streaks over MU and KU at home left... BO, dont let the tradition get completely smashed. Rebuild on what is left and show the country what we already know... you were born to be the head coach at Nebraska!

i'll bite, i see only 2 ways nebraska beats mizzo, a win against vt makes nebraska hungry and confidant and they come out and beat mizzo the next game. Or if nebraska loses to vt(can't lose big(they lose all confidance) can't lose close(they get heart broken and come out flat the next week)) nebraska will be looking for payback and since both KU and MU haven't won in nebraska since what...dan devine coached at MU and Josh davies father played at KU?

THEY BETTER WIN, besides the sellout record (which is the best record a school can ever hope for) we only have the win streaks over MU and KU at home left... BO, dont let the tradition get completely smashed. Rebuild on what is left and show the country what we already know... you were born to be the head coach at Nebraska!

I'm more concerned about our offense than our defense this year. Bo has a track record of coming in and turning defenses around and fast. His teams have ranked remarkably high by the end of the year. I see our defense carrying us.

The offense has lost Callahan. This is significant only because there is change. I don't believe that his firing was a bad thing. Our offense was over rated last year. We struggled to run the ball. We made a lot of passes but we made a lot of turnovers. Our passing numbers were inflated because we were always playing catch up. We are all looking at our number 11 ranking in total offense and forgetting what we saw in those games. Yes our total yards and total points were good. Our running game sucked. Our offensive line wasn't making panckake blocks and holes were small and short lived. We sure could pass block though.

I don't know how much improvement we will see with our offensive line, I'm encouraged with our strength and conditioning.

I believe we will beat KU.

MU is returning a rediculous number of starters and they are the real deal. They stuck it to a decent KU team last year, had other significant wins, saw Oklahoma's best performance of the year and held our #11 offense to 2 field goals. Thank God we play them at home it gives us a chance.

96huskergrad prediction 10 wins 3 losses. We win our bowl game and lose to MU, TT and OK.

I hope I can make it to a game or two this year. You'll recognise me, I'll be the loudest guy in the section when our BLACK SHIRTS are on the field.