Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

(I know this is kind of a late response, but I just sat down to read all of the posts in this thread. It's never too late to talk NU football anyway!)

I agree and would add that the idea of 'a one year wonder' is more and more going to be a fading concept in that all the historically weak programs that have been emerging as competitors the last five years or so--the Wakes, Rutgers, USF's, Cinci's, Boise St.'s etc(the list is growing by leaps and bounds)--will continue to establish themselves as 'valid' teams. I don't know about you guys, but, for me, last season was the hardest it's ever been for me to fill out my weekly top 25 fan polls. I mean, I had a pretty clear sense of the top 3-4 teams--LSU, USC--ok, the top two, but from 5-25 it many times looked like a toss up. In fact, teams 26-30 didn't look so bad either.

True, but at the same time, one could say that it's easy to have one successful year. It is more difficult to sustain that success over many, many years. We will see how those teams you mention perform this season, and the next, and the next, and the...well, you get the point.

....Well, with NE being down for awhile--especially last year--it gives Mizzou, KU, and maybe CU a chance to make a run at sustaining something in the division/conference, and maybe nationally. Mizzou, in particular is getting Gabbert who I think is gonna be the real deal. The recruiting to all thses schools continues to improve and is currently on par or, in some cases, better than NE.

So, to reiterate my previous point, this is a crucial time in NE history: Bo's regime really could make or break the program, IMO.

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Florida International- Win

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

Sam Houston State- Win ( Is Rhett Bomar still their?)

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Missouri ( Kansas City)- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

Hokie Nation,

Bitter much? You're crazy thinking that KU will be worse this year. Tough schedule or not, KU WILL have a better team this year. People forget that McClinton was hurt the last 5 games of the year and really wasn't much of a factor on the defensive line during that time. Our superstar tackle got hurt against OSU, then didn't even play against ISU, and was hurt while playing against MU. Jeff Spikes-6'6 314 lbs will replace Collins just fine. He won't be as good this year, but Mangino has quoted that by the time Spikes is finished at KU he will be the best lineman to ever play there.

KU has 9 returning players on defense and 4 more that have played in several games. No way this team doesn't at least win 8 games this year. Texas and Texas Tech are at HOME!!! KU has lost only 2 times in the last 3 years at home-going undefeated at home. And Reesing has both Texas games circled this year. He grew up dreaming of playing ball for the Longhorns. No way he leaves the field with a loss to those over rated Longhorns. If KSU can beat them in Austin, we'll handle them in Lawrence. As long as McCoy is QB for Texas then we have one heck of a chance.

KU will go 10-2. Deal with it.

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

Hokie Nation,

Bitter much? You're crazy thinking that KU will be worse this year. Tough schedule or not, KU WILL have a better team this year. People forget that McClinton was hurt the last 5 games of the year and really wasn't much of a factor on the defensive line during that time. Our superstar tackle got hurt against OSU, then didn't even play against ISU, and was hurt while playing against MU. Jeff Spikes-6'6 314 lbs will replace Collins just fine. He won't be as good this year, but Mangino has quoted that by the time Spikes is finished at KU he will be the best lineman to ever play there.

KU has 9 returning players on defense and 4 more that have played in several games. No way this team doesn't at least win 8 games this year. Texas and Texas Tech are at HOME!!! KU has lost only 2 times in the last 3 years at home-going undefeated at home. And Reesing has both Texas games circled this year. He grew up dreaming of playing ball for the Longhorns. No way he leaves the field with a loss to those over rated Longhorns. If KSU can beat them in Austin, we'll handle them in Lawrence. As long as McCoy is QB for Texas then we have one heck of a chance.

One more thing Husker Nation- If Adam Barman can throw for over 400 yards on you in Lincoln, then what do you think Todd Reesing is going to do?

How many top 25 teams does mizzou play this year? KU? I think NU's schedule is very tough, and probably the toughest of any team in the North Div.

I would have to say that Colorado has the toughest schedule of any team of the North Division:

West Virginia, Florida State, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri...just to name a few of the really tough teams. Seems like a tough schedule to me!

You forgot Iowa State on your list. Seeing as how they own Colorado now.

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Hokie Nation,

One more thing Husker Nation- If Adam Barman can throw for over 400 yards on you in Lincoln, then what do you think Todd Reesing is going to do?

Reesing has the two texas games circled huh? Well last time I checked sparky, football is a TEAM sport. Not

too be an a** or anything but Barman threw for 400 hundred against a different team and attitude. You can't

compare last years guys to this years especially with the new coaching staff. :box

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Plus Fine, Henry,Andrew McCallep(however you spell it), and McAnderson. I could be wrong though, Jake Sharp could put up big numbers not splitting carries but I believe that the Big 12 will be the best conference in the country next year. You have to admit that you had an easy schedule last year and had the programs best season ever, but this year's schedule will be harder for your team. Heck, Virginia Tech loses a lot of talent but we have a favorable schedule this year and may ride it into the BCS (like Ohio State did last year). Even though we will probably win the ACC since the last time I checked, Tommy Bowden is still the coach at Clemson, it still dosen't mean that we are one of the elite teams in football, because this years team will not be nearly as good as our teams in the past.

Our schedule is tougher this year, that why I am predicitng 9-3 or 8-4. I am not ruling out a great season, though, it is just that this year that is 12-1 is tough to repeat. I think we are legit though, that this 5-7 talk and 6-6 talk is haterism. Only way I see that heppening is if Sparky goes down. With an offense like ours, the QB is VITAL. If the backup cannot keep up his level of play, we drop... I know it is a team sport, but our team relies on the QB to move the ball in our spread...

Reesing is a solid QB, but I wasen't blown away with how he played in the two games that I watched (Missouri and Virginia Tech). I know he had way better games that year, but you are talking about those two games as the toughest two that your team played all year. I respect Kansas but they will not go 10-2 this year. 5-7 may be a little harsh, but since the Big 12 is probably going to be two BCS teams this year, Kansas will not get one over Missouri or Oklahoma. Missouri deserved a bid more than your team last year. Heck, I wasen't so sure if my team deserved a bid until I learned that instead of preparing for the bowl, we were playing around on Jetski's and goofing off. If you don't think I'm serious, play us in a few years when Glennon is gone, and Tyrod Taylor is not a freshman. I would rather play Kansas in a few years instead of the home and home with Kansas State. Except for in basketball, our team couldn't stay on the floor with your team.

Reesing is a solid QB, but I wasen't blown away with how he played in the two games that I watched (Missouri and Virginia Tech). I know he had way better games that year, but you are talking about those two games as the toughest two that your team played all year. I respect Kansas but they will not go 10-2 this year. 5-7 may be a little harsh, but since the Big 12 is probably going to be two BCS teams this year, Kansas will not get one over Missouri or Oklahoma. Missouri deserved a bid more than your team last year. Heck, I wasen't so sure if my team deserved a bid until I learned that instead of preparing for the bowl, we were playing around on Jetski's and goofing off. If you don't think I'm serious, play us in a few years when Glennon is gone, and Tyrod Taylor is not a freshman. I would rather play Kansas in a few years instead of the home and home with Kansas State. Except for in basketball, our team couldn't stay on the floor with your team.

Well, those 2 games you refer to Resing in were vs. 2 of the top 8 teams in the country, and he was a first time starter and a Sophmore. I would look for improvement in those sorts of games. Also, he was hurt pretty good vs. MU, and less, but still hurt vs VA tech, his speed was way down from normal (which he needs to escape). We probably won't outdo MU this year, almost everyone back and they really good, but that is why they play the games. I think in 2 years it is our time, when we will be at our best. No question Reesing can get better, but he was pretty good for a Sophomore in his first year starting, as he was a redshirt last year who got his shirt yanked and was thrown out there (Beat the Buffs for us)...

I think you have KU nailed down pretty good. I can see them 9-3 to 8-4. With a little luck, they'll be better than that. If Reesing gets put out for the season, then I guess 5-7 is conceivable.

They're going 5-7...bank on it. Reesing goes down in game 5 of the season....broken leg when he is "accidently" tripped by the yard marker.... :dunno

I think you have KU nailed down pretty good. I can see them 9-3 to 8-4. With a little luck, they'll be better than that. If Reesing gets put out for the season, then I guess 5-7 is conceivable.

They're going 5-7...bank on it. Reesing goes down in game 5 of the season....broken leg when he is "accidently" tripped by the yard marker.... :dunno

Let us have our day, Cy, don't hurt the Todd. Let the sun shine on our ass for a while...

Let us have our day, Cy, don't hurt the Todd. Let the sun shine on our ass for a while...

LOL. Cy is still mad over the 45-7 beat down we gave ISU last year. I just tune him out. Alot of people are saying 9-3 or 8-4, but I just don't see us losing to either Texas squad, and USF doesn't scare me. Reesing is undefeated in the state of florida. :lol: I hope we beat Missouri this year, but it will be tough. If we're healthy then we have a chance, if we're not, then it will be tough. I'll stick by 10-2...heck, I was the only Hawk fan to predict 9-3 last year and I was ridiculed and laughed at on every board. I guess I was wrong...I didn't have them going 12-1.

LOL. Cy is still mad over the 45-7 beat down we gave ISU last year. I just tune him out. Alot of people are saying 9-3 or 8-4, but I just don't see us losing to either Texas squad, and USF doesn't scare me. Reesing is undefeated in the state of florida. :lol: I hope we beat Missouri this year, but it will be tough. If we're healthy then we have a chance, if we're not, then it will be tough. I'll stick by 10-2...heck, I was the only Hawk fan to predict 9-3 last year and I was ridiculed and laughed at on every board. I guess I was wrong...I didn't have them going 12-1.

Kansas will go down at USF, bank on it.

Kansas will go down at USF, bank on it.

Well, they have a good team. We beat them 2 years ago, when we were 6-6 and they had a few guys go to the NFL, so it is not like they will sneak up on us after that (they played well, despite losing) and their run last year. I think we will be quite aware of their ability, whihc is pretty darned good. GUess we will see how it plays out, as our awareness will obviosly not mean certain victory...

FOr the record, I was 8-4 or 9-3 last year too, but this year I went crazy, 9-3 THEN 8-4. Schedule was easier last year, but 12 wins is pretty good, our schedule was not THAT easy.