Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

Actually, I'd prefer each team did play one another therefore eliminating the need for a championship game. Give each team their one nonconference game to do with whatever they choose. They can choose to play a patsy, or they can choose to play a really good team. Then, they get down to conference play with each team playing one another. This way there would be no repeats or rematches. There would be a clear champion, and if we were lucky enough to get 2 teams into the BCS it truelly would be the #1 and #2 teams of the conference.

That sounds like what the PAC 10 did. I dont mind the championship game, but would like to see all the other main conferences do it, it's only fair...

With all of the teams getting better and better in the Big 12, do we really need to have the Big 12 Championship game? It seems to me that the Big 12 Championship game has cost us way more than it has ever benefitted us as a conference. Actually, the game has made the conference look foolish.

I love the conference championship games. Normally they are super competitive and very enjoyable to watch. However, I think EVERY conference should have to partake in crowning a champion by having a championship game, otherwise it's not really fair across the board (i.e., see Ohio State). I hope that these games are not discontinued...

I think even last year the game made the conference look foolish as KU got to play in a BCS game even though they didn't even win the North division while the North winner Mizzou didn't get into a BCS game because they lost to OU twice.

I don't really think it made the conference look silly, but it did make the BCS look silly (ier). Both Illinois and Kansas got into a BCS Bowl. Who beat both teams? Missouri.

Yes, the Big 12 has eaten itself alive as far as making it to National Championships, but that's all part of the game, and that's what makes it so fun to watch (unpredictability).

My logic is telling me we will beat Kansas this year, but my gut is saying that Mizzou will choke- despite the fact that I think they are better than we are giving them credit for.

I think you are right. Its going to be a good season, no matter what happens. Is the Big 12 the conference to be in, or what?!

Kansas was a one year wonder. I'm much more worried about Mizzou.

I'm more worried about Kansas because Mizzou lost some key players. Rucker is no longer there to bail out Daniels. The running back is gone. And, I believe that I read somewhere that Mr. Daniels has decided to pull a Mo and show up like 25 pounds overweight to training camp. Kind of makes me wonder about his dedication. IMO, the fat man is so far above and beyond pickle in terms of coaching that KU has me much more concerned at this point than Mizzou.

The only key starters we lost on offense were Rucker and Will Franklin. While Rucker was a stud, our other TE, Chase Coffman is arguably better. Franklin was also a stud, but with Maclin, Alexander, Perry and Saunders back we are deep at receiver. As for losing Temple, we also have Derrick Washington coming in at tailback and when his career is over I expect he will have been a better running back than Temple was. Temple always did great in bowl games, but often struggled during the regular season. I am more worried about our loses on the Offensive line than I am about our maquee postions. On Defense we only lost 2 starters. I believe MU has more starters returning than KU does.

Nebraska's defense was a joke last year, and Pelini will not improve the defense enough to beat Kansas or Missouri in one year.

Evidently VT had the same problem since KU took them out last year..ha...what was that all about?

We didn't lose to Kansas as in the team. We lost to an individual named Aqib Talib since our idiot offensive coordinater didn't realize that throwing towards an All-American corner is a bad idea.

so says all of hokie nation.

We didn't lose to Kansas as in the team. We lost to an individual named Aqib Talib since our idiot offensive coordinater didn't realize that throwing towards an All-American corner is a bad idea.

I see, KU had more points at the end of the game, but VT didnt lose to KU.....that's some real 'hokie' logic.... :rollin

I see, KU had more points at the end of the game, but VT didnt lose to KU.....that's some real 'hokie' logic.... :rollin

The last thing I would admit to is that ONE person beat the great Hoakie Nation.

Nebraska's defense was a joke last year, and Pelini will not improve the defense enough to beat Kansas or Missouri in one year.

lets wait and find out shall we? a lot can happen in football week in and out.

I could say the same thing about VT's offense. I think VT's offense was just as horrible as our defense.

I will be absolutely astonished if Kansas wins more than 6 games next year, their schedule is absolutely murderous after their typically laughable ooc games (though they do have to play at South Florida, a game that was undoubtedly intended to be another cupcake when they scheduled it... oops).

After having faced USF, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and their rivalry game with KState, I'd imagine they should be dinged up and tired enough for the Huskers to cover the line at the very least, and probably win the game outright.

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Florida International- Win

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

Sam Houston State- Win ( Is Rhett Bomar still their?)

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Missouri ( Kansas City)- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.