Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

Great post.

Hey friend, if you are referring to my above post, thanks! It was late and I guess I let my thoughts run on a bit.

But it's not always the case that compliments are :moreinteresting thrown around on blog sites...so thanks again! :corndance

I think when most people say one year wonder they mean that 2008 will not be the cinderella story for KU that 2007 was. In 2007, they played one of the weakest schedules in all of D1 football. This year, they play 3 preseason top 10 teams. KU may very well be a better team than they were a year ago, but their record will more than likely not reflect it unless they can knock off Texas, OU, and Mizzou. This would be a tough task for any team.

Great post.

Hey friend, if you are referring to my above post, thanks! It was late and I guess I let my thoughts run on a bit.

But it's not always the case that compliments are :moreinteresting thrown around on blog sites...so thanks again! :corndance

Anytime. I agree with your post. The point you made about no one having an easy schedule anymore is has a lot of truth to it. Back when the scholarship limit was changed to 85 T.O. said it was going to level the playing field throughout college football, looks like he was right. The teams that you could automatically mark up as a win are starting to disappear more and more. Every team on the schedule needs to be taken seriously now a days.

Great post.

Anytime. I agree with your post. The point you made about no one having an easy schedule anymore is has a lot of truth to it. Back when the scholarship limit was changed to 85 T.O. said it was going to level the playing field throughout college football, looks like he was right. The teams that you could automatically mark up as a win are starting to disappear more and more. Every team on the schedule needs to be taken seriously now a days.

ABSOLUTELY! :yeah

I think when most people say one year wonder they mean that 2008 will not be the cinderella story for KU that 2007 was. In 2007, they played one of the weakest schedules in all of D1 football. This year, they play 3 preseason top 10 teams. KU may very well be a better team than they were a year ago, but their record will more than likely not reflect it unless they can knock off Texas, OU, and Mizzou. This would be a tough task for any team.

Well, I agree that KU's schedule was relatively soft last year and they may not repeat this year with as many wins, though I think it was VTech they beat in the bowl game which to me was a very impressive win and shows me they can compete well and maybe beat the teams you mentioned in '08.

But I think the 'one year wonder' thing refers to teams that have historically been weak, then start to put it together, them people just think that it is a fluke and they will quickly return to being doormats again--based on their history.

Last year I remember all the smack regarding the Wake Forest game involving this very thing, where Big Red fans were saying that Wake had their little run in '06, but that was just a fluke. Well, I dont think Wake is a fluke, nor is Rutgers, and especially USF, where that team is in a talent rich area.

BYU is another team that has always faced a lack of respect and the constant 'one year wonder' criticism. That 'one year' has been going on for about 25 years now. If I'm not mistaken, they finished in the top 20 last year and have really maintained a very good program since they broke into the big time back in the 'day'.

How about the Oregon Ducks, or OSU Beavs? Does anybody really want to put them on their nonconference schedules; that is, for an easy game? Not me.......

LSU and FL have won the NC the last two years, but does anybody think they will just walk thru the SEC from year to year? I don't. Now there is Kentucky to deal with and ARK is making noise about joining the big boy club.

Like I said, the concept of 'one year wonders' I see as a fading one. dedhoarse I think the real issue facing Big Red Fan is IF and how NE will 'restore the order', that is, separate from the pack again--from all these emerging 'one year wonders'.

That being said, I still have faith is this emoticon----------> :restore

I hope KU keeps it up..

Not just because I have a relative playing for them for a couple more seasons..But the competition will only help us get better.

I still have hope for CU and KSU

(fleeting)

What J-hawk is your relative?

With all of the teams getting better and better in the Big 12, do we really need to have the Big 12 Championship game? It seems to me that the Big 12 Championship game has cost us way more than it has ever benefitted us as a conference. Actually, the game has made the conference look foolish. In 2001, we didn't even play in the game but played for the NC. This really made the conference look foolish in the eyes of the rest of college football. In 2003, OU got their butts handed to them and still made the NC game. I believe this made us look foolish as well. The Big 12 NC game cost us the chance at a NC in 1996. It cost KState the chance in 1998. I think with the beating each team goes through because the Big 12 has gotten more compeitive and better that maybe we should rethink the Championship game. It very well could have cost Mizzou a chance at a NC last year. I think even last year the game made the conference look foolish as KU got to play in a BCS game even though they didn't even win the North division while the North winner Mizzou didn't get into a BCS game because they lost to OU twice.

i don't see why people say KU is a 1 year wonder bc they have a great coach but i still think we'll win bc the D will hopefully be back

Until Kansas plays through a whole season with a decently difficult schedule I won't give them an ounce of credit. They had one of the easiest schedules in the nation last year. Yes, they beat a VT team that had no offense, Big deal. If they come out this year and only lose 1 or 2 games then Ill show em some respect, but I dont expect them to have any less than 3-4 losses.

With all of the teams getting better and better in the Big 12, do we really need to have the Big 12 Championship game? It seems to me that the Big 12 Championship game has cost us way more than it has ever benefitted us as a conference. Actually, the game has made the conference look foolish. In 2001, we didn't even play in the game but played for the NC. This really made the conference look foolish in the eyes of the rest of college football. In 2003, OU got their butts handed to them and still made the NC game. I believe this made us look foolish as well. The Big 12 NC game cost us the chance at a NC in 1996. It cost KState the chance in 1998. I think with the beating each team goes through because the Big 12 has gotten more compeitive and better that maybe we should rethink the Championship game. It very well could have cost Mizzou a chance at a NC last year. I think even last year the game made the conference look foolish as KU got to play in a BCS game even though they didn't even win the North division while the North winner Mizzou didn't get into a BCS game because they lost to OU twice.

:yeah

Plus..there's too much of a chance of it involving a rematch.

Too much of a step toward playoffs.

Any loss is big, but a loss at the end of the season is worse while we're basing the final ratings on Bowl games.

I'm not sure it makes anybody look "foolish", but it would be funny if the SEC was the only conference with a CSG after they've beaten on each other the whole season.

Actually, I'd prefer each team did play one another therefore eliminating the need for a championship game. Give each team their one nonconference game to do with whatever they choose. They can choose to play a patsy, or they can choose to play a really good team. Then, they get down to conference play with each team playing one another. This way there would be no repeats or rematches. There would be a clear champion, and if we were lucky enough to get 2 teams into the BCS it truelly would be the #1 and #2 teams of the conference.

I hope KU keeps it up..

Not just because I have a relative playing for them for a couple more seasons..But the competition will only help us get better.

I still have hope for CU and KSU

(fleeting)

What J-hawk is your relative?

I think he might have caught his 1st pass of the season in last years' Orange Bowl ((at ~1:44 in his video) on a fake punt)

mUHXwXZA3cw

A few minutes ago, I just found out this guy is our 3rd cousin twice removed ..Still not sure what they mean by "removed"..

Actually, I'd prefer each team did play one another therefore eliminating the need for a championship game. Give each team their one nonconference game to do with whatever they choose. They can choose to play a patsy, or they can choose to play a really good team. Then, they get down to conference play with each team playing one another. This way there would be no repeats or rematches. There would be a clear champion, and if we were lucky enough to get 2 teams into the BCS it truelly would be the #1 and #2 teams of the conference.

Me Too..But maybe with a more manageable number of teams..(Like 8).

Can we send 4 teams somewhere and become the Big-8 again?

If the Big-10 aquired another team to make it more favorable for a conference championship game, would they be Big-12 lite? or Big-12b?..Maybe just "Big-10+2".

I'm guessing they'd pass the "+2" around to the two cellar dwellars each year like a traveling trophy. "Big-10 and Little-2" :clap

• 2 weeks later...