Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Florida International- Win

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

Sam Houston State- Win ( Is Rhett Bomar still their?)

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Missouri ( Kansas City)- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I like the way you think in regards to KU, Although I have a feeling they will be a little better than 5-7

Nebraska's defense was a joke last year, and Pelini will not improve the defense enough to beat Kansas or Missouri in one year.

lets wait and find out shall we? a lot can happen in football week in and out.

I could say the same thing about VT's offense. I think VT's offense was just as horrible as our defense.

I wouldnt say that VT's O was horrible-- in no way as horrible as our D-- they were streaky and got a little hot at the end. But yes, they underachieved and I guess you could say they were sorta like Clemson in that regard. How they lost to KU is still a mystery to me.

No mistake, I'm a Big Red devotee, but I have alotta respect for VT and Frank Beamer: he sorta cut his teeth getting whooped up upon by Tom Oz back in the day, at times saying that he was trying to model his team after what the Huskers were doing. Seems like WV was saying the same thing back then...oh, the good old days!

So, we can be thankful we have a worthy foe for a nonconference game. They will be favored no doubt, so we will do well to beat them. I think Tyrod Taylor will be their starting QB and he's gonna be a lot better this year, in fact he's just the type of QB that has given NE big problems in the past, a Pat White kinda guy. His passing ability is still a ?? at this point, though, but look to see a lot of spread/read/run option type stuff.

It should be a very good game....

:bonez

I wouldnt say that VT's O was horrible-- in no way as horrible as our D-- they were streaky and got a little hot at the end. But yes, they underachieved and I guess you could say they were sorta like Clemson in that regard. How they lost to KU is still a mystery to me.

No mistake, I'm a Big Red devotee, but I have alotta respect for VT and Frank Beamer: he sorta cut his teeth getting whooped up upon by Tom Oz back in the day, at times saying that he was trying to model his team after what the Huskers were doing. Seems like WV was saying the same thing back then...oh, the good old days!

So, we can be thankful we have a worthy foe for a nonconference game. They will be favored no doubt, so we will do well to beat them. I think Tyrod Taylor will be their starting QB and he's gonna be a lot better this year, in fact he's just the type of QB that has given NE big problems in the past, a Pat White kinda guy. His passing ability is still a ?? at this point, though, but look to see a lot of spread/read/run option type stuff.

Who's Pat White?

http://www.patwhitefans.org/ ?

Who's Pat White?

You're kidding, right?

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Loss of Talib and the tackle Collins really hurts as well as some key recievers from last years squad. Plus they road an easy schedule last year to the BCS where they beat my beloved Hokies.

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Who's Pat White?

He's some really crappy QB. Man, he sucks!

Who's Pat White?

He's some really crappy QB. Man, he sucks!

Yeah, he pretty much single handedly beat the Sooners, but he sucks! LOL

Who's Pat White?

You're kidding, right?

Danny White

Dan White

Reggie White

Maurice White

Snow White

Nope..No Pat Whites in my noggin before this thread, either..(Probably only have room for 5).

Who's Pat White?

You're kidding, right?

Danny White

Dan White

Reggie White

Maurice White

Snow White

Nope..No Pat Whites in my noggin before this thread, either..(Probably only have room for 5).

Barry White?

Who's Pat White?

You're kidding, right?

Danny White

Dan White

Reggie White

Maurice White

Snow White

Barry White?

Could be this guy...

http://www.saintmarys.edu/Inauguration/rec...G-Pat-White.jpg

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

I think maybe you're a bit too negative on the Jayhawks. I think the South Florida game could go either way, but I don't think they lose at home to CU. I think the TT game could go either way with the win swaying towards KU as again it is a home game. Right now, I think you have to say they have the edge in the NU game as well even though it's being played in Lincoln. I think they will definitely lose to OU, Texas, and Mizzou. I think they easily could be a 3-5 loss team in 2008, but I would be astonished if they lost 7 games this year.

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

Kansas' 2008 Schedule

Louisiania Tech- Win

at South Florida-Loss

at Iowa State- Win

Colorado- Loss

at Oklahoma- Loss

Texas Tech- Loss

Kansas State- Win

at Nebraska- Loss

Texas- Loss

Prediction 5-7

Looks like last year, doesn't matter what we do on the field. If we do well this year, everyone will be "down". Never mind being the only team to Beat A&M on the road, Va tech at a neutral site, CU in Boulder (ask OU, not easy), Oklahoma State on the road, K-State in Manhattan, 7-1 in the Big 12.... Facts Don't Matter, we did lose 2 good Junior players and a great defensive coordinator, but not much is changing. If Reesing is Healthy, I look forward to another years of excuses about another good KU team (Not banking on anywhere near 12 wins, but I see the deulsions are all in the negative direction, and I have a few hater bets out already...)

Plus Fine, Henry,Andrew McCallep(however you spell it), and McAnderson. I could be wrong though, Jake Sharp could put up big numbers not splitting carries but I believe that the Big 12 will be the best conference in the country next year. You have to admit that you had an easy schedule last year and had the programs best season ever, but this year's schedule will be harder for your team. Heck, Virginia Tech loses a lot of talent but we have a favorable schedule this year and may ride it into the BCS (like Ohio State did last year). Even though we will probably win the ACC since the last time I checked, Tommy Bowden is still the coach at Clemson, it still dosen't mean that we are one of the elite teams in football, because this years team will not be nearly as good as our teams in the past.

what-are-they-up-to-Betty-White.jpg

Barry White?

At least MY Whites are clickable (links provided)

I'm going to be a KS fan for at least a couple more seasons just because of my cousin's Son and Daughter competing there, but also because it makes our conference stronger.

They could be better next season and still have a worse record..I'm guessing 3-4 losses prior to Bowl season.

I hope they continue to improve in the long run.

How many top 25 teams does mizzou play this year? KU? I think NU's schedule is very tough, and probably the toughest of any team in the North Div.

I would have to say that Colorado has the toughest schedule of any team of the North Division:

West Virginia, Florida State, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri...just to name a few of the really tough teams. Seems like a tough schedule to me!

(I know this is kind of a late response, but I just sat down to read all of the posts in this thread. It's never too late to talk NU football anyway!)

I agree and would add that the idea of 'a one year wonder' is more and more going to be a fading concept in that all the historically weak programs that have been emerging as competitors the last five years or so--the Wakes, Rutgers, USF's, Cinci's, Boise St.'s etc(the list is growing by leaps and bounds)--will continue to establish themselves as 'valid' teams. I don't know about you guys, but, for me, last season was the hardest it's ever been for me to fill out my weekly top 25 fan polls. I mean, I had a pretty clear sense of the top 3-4 teams--LSU, USC--ok, the top two, but from 5-25 it many times looked like a toss up. In fact, teams 26-30 didn't look so bad either.

True, but at the same time, one could say that it's easy to have one successful year. It is more difficult to sustain that success over many, many years. We will see how those teams you mention perform this season, and the next, and the next, and the...well, you get the point.

CFB is just different these days, there are more excellent coaches across the board and great h.s. players coming up to fill roles in all schools. More and more colleges are building state of the art facilities to compete with the big boys. It's getting harder for tradtional powers to stockpile ALL the great talent that is out there and the best players and JUCOS are around for fewer years. By the time you've developed a championship level team, you gotta rebuild the thing all over again every 3-4 years.

It is also pretty clear that the spread offensives have delivered what they were designed to do: level the playing field. Personally, this is bad news for me since I much prefer the old fashioned smash mouth thing(mix in a healthy passing attack). I get tired of watching TTech and now MO, and all the others, pass, pass, passing it all over the place; it's an annoying brand of FB, but no doubt is here to stay, in fact is quickly becoming the norm.

I find the the new offensive playbook - some rendition of The Spread - exciting to watch. Not because I enjoy high scoring games, but because I am seeing how the defenses and defensive coaches are countering the attack. Sometime down the line, The Spread will not be as effective as the defenses catch up. It is just interesting to me how each team attempts to counter such an attack.

I do think Osborne knew what he was doing when he brought in Pelini. At first, I was not happy with the decision, but thinking it over in my head now, I think he made a very smart decision.

I do not need to tell anyone that NU's defense was pitiful last season. Sure, Osborne could have brought in some well known coach with proven success, but would that have helped our defense right away? Maybe...maybe not. Tom went with someone that he knew could have an immediate impact on the defense. Bo is one of the most brilliant defensive minds in the game. Why not match him up with one of the most pitiful defenses in the game to see what happens? :clap

Anyway, I feel this puts Nebraska back on track. Sure our defense won't be ranked number one in all categories next season, and probably won't even be in the top 30 or 40. However, it will be greatly improved, because how could it get any worse? There's no direction the defense can go except for up, and Bo and Company are the perfect people to lead the way.