Season Predictions

I've read lots of predictions on huskerboard of our '08 season, but I'm curious if anyone is a member on any other Big 12 boards that knows what others predict for our '08 season. My prediction is 7-5, but it's so difficult not to be biased in my prediction because of the optimism I have for the Huskers every year. Most think that we'll have a winning season, as well as I do, but the main thing I want to see is that pride, desire, and hard hitting that we had before. Win or lose I want the teams we play to feel the pain and have that fear again.

So has anyone heard what others predict??? Or are talking about for our team for next season???

Gator Board:

Hey you dumb f'n hayseed. Of COURSE you sold out you spring game - hell it's the first time in 4 years you've been able to go to a game and feel confident you could win.

STFU. You're MIZZOU's bitch for God's sake.

They really used to like me over there too :dunno

Guess I stayed away for too long.

Gator Board:

Hey you dumb f'n hayseed. Of COURSE you sold out you spring game - hell it's the first time in 4 years you've been able to go to a game and feel confident you could win.

wow, i wouldnt exactly call them the best team in the country either! tebow was undeserving and my personal opinion is that they would have finished around 6th in the big 12 last year. but thats the overrated sec for you. :dunno

Gator Board:

Mizzou's b*tch huh??? Shows how much this moron knows when we dominate this series...........they beat us last season and all of the sudden we are their b*tch??? I guess I'm confused here...............

Gator Board:

Mizzou's b*tch huh??? Shows how much this moron knows when we dominate this series...........they beat us last season and all of the sudden we are their b*tch??? I guess I'm confused here...............

go shout 62-24 to em...see how that goes. oh by the way...florida missery and cali should all be sold off to some other nation, they are useless.

I've read lots of predictions on huskerboard of our '08 season, but I'm curious if anyone is a member on any other Big 12 boards that knows what others predict for our '08 season. My prediction is 7-5, but it's so difficult not to be biased in my prediction because of the optimism I have for the Huskers every year. Most think that we'll have a winning season, as well as I do, but the main thing I want to see is that pride, desire, and hard hitting that we had before. Win or lose I want the teams we play to feel the pain and have that fear again.

So has anyone heard what others predict??? Or are talking about for our team for next season???

I think we will be the dawg in more games than we are accustomed to....and I think we will fall in the 7-8 win category this season. Under Bo I expect Big Red to upset some of the teams we shouldnt--more frequently: as in, OK would be a good place to start.

No disrespect intended, but I never believe Husker fans saying they dont care if we win or lose, just as long as the team plays hard, etc. It sounds all 'higher groundy", etc., BUT What's the point unless you win? I mean, that's what we are talking about, right? Winning

No coach ever kept his job by having a hard playing, losing team, and I am somewhat confused by that saying they have on the stadium to the effect: "It's not the victory but the deed", etc.

C'mon, this is NE, we expect to win and I fully expect winning and championship teams under BO P--like SOON. :restore

p.s. beware Western MI, they have Appy ST written all over them. In fact, they are better than Appy ST. They are a very good team and we absolutely cannot start the season underestimating them and dropping that game...

Seriously...Anytime I think florida...i think 1995. Largest national championship blowout of all time. And guess what...they (espn and such) even had florida as a favorite even though we had the longest wining streak in the nation.

the end.

I remember the SI mag before the game also having the Gators favored. Fun and Gun and all that crap. Ha ha, that game was a thing of beauty!! Up there with the best routs of all time! And of course that team was the best CFB of all time! Woohoo! :clap

Gator Board:

well, we still like you.

Seriously...Anytime I think florida...i think 1995. Largest national championship blowout of all time. And guess what...they (espn and such) even had florida as a favorite even though we had the longest wining streak in the nation.

the end.

I remember the SI mag before the game also having the Gators favored. Fun and Gun and all that crap. Ha ha, that game was a thing of beauty!! Up there with the best routs of all time! And of course that team was the best CFB of all time! Woohoo! :clap

more than that i remember how espn was explaining *why* nebraska was gonna get pwned in tempe. their reasoning: nebraska was gonna play on natural turf and spurrier was *lightyears* beyond any other coach in terms of play calling.

the huskers just said, 'huh' and proceeded to dismantle the gators in a way that has not been seen since. not even nebraska's beating in the rose bowl came close to what happened that night in the in fiesta bowl.

and they *still* have scars from that game.

the end.

more than that i remember how espn was explaining *why* nebraska was gonna get pwned in tempe. their reasoning: nebraska was gonna play on natural turf and spurrier was *lightyears* beyond any other coach in terms of play calling.

the huskers just said, 'huh' and proceeded to dismantle the gators in a way that has not been seen since. not even nebraska's beating in the rose bowl came close to what happened that night in the in fiesta bowl.

and they *still* have scars from that game.

Just goes to show ya what superior line play on both sides of the ball will give you: we ran the ball all over the place and harrassed their QB all nite, just like we did to Miami the previous year. All in all I prefer that kind of smash mouth FB, but times o they have changed....

beware Western MI, they have Appy ST written all over them. In fact, they are better than Appy ST. They are a very good team and we absolutely cannot start the season underestimating them and dropping that game...

Western Michigan has a very solid program right now by MAC standards. A defense loaded with upperclassmen, an experienced QB and skill players on offense. The weakness is on the interior lines. Plugging a few holes to start the year and undersized by bigXII standards make it difficult to see any kind of an upset. Unless the WMU line plays above its ability for 60 minutes or is better than I think an upset would require some good luck w/ turnovers or special teams magic.

:clap

What I enjoy about top notch programs like Nebraska is that anything and everything gets put into historical context when one of these smack fests with another program starts. Missouri trys to step out of line after one big year you hit them with the series record. Florida fans give you the business and you remind them of the 95 Fiesta Bowl beating. Classic stuff. Keep up the good work.