ESPN Gameday winner

GameDay crew dines in Lincoln

The ESPN College GameDay crew (Fowler, Corso, Herbstreit) was in Lincoln on Wednesday afternoon.

A woman from Hubbell, which boasts a population of about 50, won a nationwide Home Depot contest in which about 65,000 people entered. She had a few choices upon winning: she could go to one of the GameDay campus sites at the end of last season or the Rose Bowl, or she could have the crew visit her.

herbstreit: ... please be rose bowl... please be rose bowl... PLEASE BE ROSE BOWL..!

She chose the latter.

herbstreit: DAMMIT!

They ate Italian at Vincenzo's in the Haymarket. About halfway through, Bo Pelini popped in to say hello.

well, SHAZAM! what are the odds? no, seriously. does bo usually eat there or is this just a freaky coincidence?

The lunch lasted from about noon to two according to Mark Johnson, general manager at Vincenzo's.

Johnson said he found out this was happening about four weeks ago. He wasn't sure why his restaurant was picked as the destination.

About the ESPN trio, Johnson said: "Each had their separate limos they came in, which I thought was kind of funny. A lot of people saw them, but nobody bothered them."

separate limos? what, they can't all share the same ride?

and as far as not talking to herbstreit, it's probably because nebraskans were too busy packing the current online poll.

heh.

If I was a cook at that restaurant I would have spit in May's and Herbie's food....

Actually I'd have givin' them my "secret sauce". :lol:

herbstreit: ... mmm... mmmm.... MMM..! so CREAMY! so SALTY! you *GOTTA* tell me the recipe..!

waiter: you can't handle the truth.

herbstreit: ...

herbstreit: wut..?

If I was a cook at that restaurant I would have spit in May's and Herbie's food....

Actually I'd have givin' them my "secret sauce". :lol:

herbstreit: ... mmm... mmmm.... MMM..! so CREAMY! so SALTY! you *GOTTA* tell me the recipe..!

waiter: you can't handle the truth.

herbstreit: ...

herbstreit: wut..?

Actually I've been told it has sweet undertones with a zesty finish....... :lol: