Big 12's Top 10 Moments Of BCS Era

We played for all the marbles in 2001. When KU plays for all the marbles, then they can talk about only the 1999 team being able to beat them. The 1997 team would walk over top of them. The 2003 KState team with a healthy El Roberson would crush them. There's been several great teams since the inception of the Big 12, but KU will have to prove something to even be mentioned in the same sentence. Since the inception, we've won one NC as well as OU. We've played for another one while OU has played for another couple or so. Texas has won one. KU until they prove it don't deserve to be mentioned with these teams.

I am not sure quite how you can say what you are saying, that NU team got beat pretty good twice. Great offense, Crouch was SWEET, but the Blackshirts were not very good against anyone with talent. KU lost one game, to a good MU team, and won our bowl team against a really good VA tech team. I know you are used to getting respect for the tradition, but I would have loved to see the 2001 team play the 2007 Hawks. OUr defense would have held you more than yours would have held us, but it would have been interesting to watch and Eric Crouch was relaly fun to watch. I think Winning the Orange Bowl and going 12-1 is showing something, but what do I know. A team only plays one season, what they did in the past doesn't get extra credit.... Well Actually it sort of does, if the 2001 Husker team would have been wearing KU unis, no WAY do they get to play for a title. If the 2007 Hawks wore a Red N, they would definitely get to play for the title. They basically had the same situation, lose you last game (KU was closer), otherwise run the table, but NU got to play for it all and we didn't.

Still would love to see that game, would be fun, too bad it can't be.

the 2001 huskers aren't on the list for best teams? We played for the NC and got beat down by a great Miami team, they deserve to be on there somewhere

It'd be a little tough to put the 2001 Huskers on there without putting the 2001 Buffs ahead of them, considering what happened that year and all.

Out all of the games Colorado has played against Nebraska.................you guys always bring up this ONE game........come on.........move alone.

I am not sure quite how you can say what you are saying, that NU team got beat pretty good twice. Great offense, Crouch was SWEET, but the Blackshirts were not very good against anyone with talent. KU lost one game, to a good MU team, and won our bowl team against a really good VA tech team. I know you are used to getting respect for the tradition, but I would have loved to see the 2001 team play the 2007 Hawks. OUr defense would have held you more than yours would have held us, but it would have been interesting to watch and Eric Crouch was relaly fun to watch. I think Winning the Orange Bowl and going 12-1 is showing something, but what do I know. A team only plays one season, what they did in the past doesn't get extra credit.... Well Actually it sort of does, if the 2001 Husker team would have been wearing KU unis, no WAY do they get to play for a title. If the 2007 Hawks wore a Red N, they would definitely get to play for the title. They basically had the same situation, lose you last game (KU was closer), otherwise run the table, but NU got to play for it all and we didn't.

I'll take our 11-2 2001 Team against your 2007 team any day of the weak. We lost by a big portion to Colorado but that was a great Colorado team on their very own turf. This is the same Colorado team that beat a very good Texas team in the Big 12 Title game. I give Kansas props this year for having an outstanding year but come on 2001 Nebraska team with a stacked roster: Eric Crouch (Heisman Winner), Willie Amos, Josh Brown, Bullocks Twins, Keyuo Craver, Toniu Fonoti, Dejuan Groce, T.J. Hollowell, Matt Ickes, Trevor Johnson, Chris Kelsey, Pat Ricketts, Scott Shanle, Josh Sewell, Chad Sievers, Benard Thomas, Tracy Wistrom. We had a great team but lost to two other great college teams: Colorado and Miami. Some say that that 2001 Miami team was one of the best National Champions of all-time which they are crazy because they've never seen our 95' Husker Team I take it.

I don't think that your 07' Kansas team even comes close to our 01' Husker team. Come on you guys didn't even Play against Texas or Oklahoma in 07' just two good teams: Mizzo and Virginia Tech.

We had #17 ranked Notre Dame team at home, #2 Oklahoma Team at home when we were #3, #14 Colorado team at Boulder, and #1 Miami team against our #4 Husker team. You ask any Husker fan if we belonged in that 2001 NC title game and we'll all pretty much say "NO" because we got blown out by Colorado.

We played for all the marbles in 2001. When KU plays for all the marbles, then they can talk about only the 1999 team being able to beat them. The 1997 team would walk over top of them. The 2003 KState team with a healthy El Roberson would crush them. There's been several great teams since the inception of the Big 12, but KU will have to prove something to even be mentioned in the same sentence. Since the inception, we've won one NC as well as OU. We've played for another one while OU has played for another couple or so. Texas has won one. KU until they prove it don't deserve to be mentioned with these teams.

KU played one of the 5 easiest Strength of Schedules in 2007. Even against CU who won the Big 12 btw in 2001, we scored plenty of points that would win almost any game. Miami in 2001 is considered one of the greatest teams ever in college football. I don't think Mizzou in 2007 will be considered one of the best college football teams ever who beat KU. That supposedly great VA tech team you beat got completely shelled by LSU earlier in the season. VA Tech's offense last year was suspect at best. KU didn't even deserve to be in a BCS bowl game last year IMO because they didn't even finish #2 in the Big 12. We shouldn't have played in the NC game in 2001 either, but I'd take 2001 NU 10 out of 10 times over 2007 KU. If KU would have played Texas and OU last year, they would have got the respect. However playing a creampuff schedule will never get you respect. You guys can earn your respect this year as your SOS will be a 180 degree turn from last year. If you match your record of last year this year, you more than likely will be playing in the NC game.

the 2001 huskers aren't on the list for best teams? We played for the NC and got beat down by a great Miami team, they deserve to be on there somewhere

It'd be a little tough to put the 2001 Huskers on there without putting the 2001 Buffs ahead of them, considering what happened that year and all.

Out all of the games Colorado has played against Nebraska.................you guys always bring up this ONE game........come on.........move alone.

Buffaloes are pack animals, we never move alone. Honestly, I don't know why you'd even suggest such a thing.

Regardless, I no longer go out of my way to bring that game up (though admittedly I did for about 5 years :D), I was just bringing it up to provide a counterpoint. Simply by merit of what happened on the field between the two teams, you really can't list the 2001 Huskers as a better team than the 2001 Buffs. Just like the 05 game, 2001 wasn't a hard fought 1 or 2 point win, it was an out and out bloodbath.

I agree. If KU has a similar record this year, I will definitely shut my mouth. Until then, I can say that KU will have at least 4 losses this season.

Don't get me wrong, KU has a good team...but not as good as many think. They are average. They are not a legitmate 11-1 team (period).