Big 12's Top 10 Moments Of BCS Era

No Roy Williams from OU on the Top 10? You gotta be crazy! Is the greatest colleg player in this leagues short history, on the defensive side of the ball. What about Rocky Calmus or Teddy Lehman, Mark Clayton, Quentin Griffin? OU has had the best player by far!

Talib as the #10 player ever in the Big XII? I don't even know where to start with that one. He's a marginal corner- not very impressive. Jordy Nelson torched him repeatedly in the K-State game this year. The same Jordy Nelson that Nebraska pretty well shut down. If Nebraska's defense last year could shut him down and Talib could not, I will openly question Talib's skills.

Agreed with that. Talib being on that list is ridiculous.

I am curious to know what he had to do. He was first team all big 12 his SO and JR years, Hon Mention his FR year, Orange Bowl MVP, Defensive Freshman of the year, a Unanimous All American, I could go on, but I am not sure what he has to do. Jordy beat him deep, that is true, he is a risk taker and that time it did not work out. Had he played his senior year, he would have won all those awards again, so his resume is pretty good.

As for SHUTTING DOWN Jordy completely, he went 9 catches for 125 yeards and a touch on the Huskers. When one considers he did not have a home run catch, he gathered those stats with no plays going more than 21 yards. Way to go guys, that will show him. Dominated.... I will grant you that K-State got Whipped, but you did not shut down Jordy.... That dude was good.

We played for all the marbles in 2001. When KU plays for all the marbles, then they can talk about only the 1999 team being able to beat them. The 1997 team would walk over top of them. The 2003 KState team with a healthy El Roberson would crush them. There's been several great teams since the inception of the Big 12, but KU will have to prove something to even be mentioned in the same sentence. Since the inception, we've won one NC as well as OU. We've played for another one while OU has played for another couple or so. Texas has won one. KU until they prove it don't deserve to be mentioned with these teams.

Agreed with that. Talib being on that list is ridiculous.

I am curious to know what he had to do. He was first team all big 12 his SO and JR years, Hon Mention his FR year, Orange Bowl MVP, Defensive Freshman of the year, a Unanimous All American, I could go on, but I am not sure what he has to do. Jordy beat him deep, that is true, he is a risk taker and that time it did not work out. Had he played his senior year, he would have won all those awards again, so his resume is pretty good.

As for SHUTTING DOWN Jordy completely, he went 9 catches for 125 yeards and a touch on the Huskers. When one considers he did not have a home run catch, he gathered those stats with no plays going more than 21 yards. Way to go guys, that will show him. Dominated.... I will grant you that K-State got Whipped, but you did not shut down Jordy.... That dude was good.

I said pretty well shut down. I didn't say we shut him down completely. You also have to take his performance in context to every other wide reciever we faced. I could have gone onto the field and caught 7 passes for 100 yards against Nebraska last year. ESPECIALLY if I was going to run a slant on 3rd down. It was insane how many 12 yard slants we gave up on third and long last year. Watching 3rd downs last year was like watching a car accident. You knew it was coming but you had to watch anyway. Jordy racked up most of his yards like that, and he certainly didn't ever break the game open like he did against Talib. Also, just because you rack up awards doesn't necessarily mean you're a good player. Bo Ruud kept winning all Big XII honors, yet if you watched the games you could tell he was not all that great. He and Talib both got things like interceptions as a result of being wildly out of position. Against a Peyton Manning he would get torched. In college he could sometimes get away with it though.

the 2001 huskers aren't on the list for best teams? We played for the NC and got beat down by a great Miami team, they deserve to be on there somewhere

It'd be a little tough to put the 2001 Huskers on there without putting the 2001 Buffs ahead of them, considering what happened that year and all.

the 2001 huskers aren't on the list for best teams? We played for the NC and got beat down by a great Miami team, they deserve to be on there somewhere

It'd be a little tough to put the 2001 Huskers on there without putting the 2001 Buffs ahead of them, considering what happened that year and all.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

istockphoto_483232_i_can_t_hear_you.jpg

LA LA la la la...I can't hear you!