DT William Sutton

Sutton = Beast

Why in the heck this kid is not recruited higher is beyond me. I could give a flip if he is undersized. Get the kid up to to 270 and he'll be fine at DT.

Watch the film of this kid at the NIKE Camp. He absolutely abused damm near every lineman he went up against. Kid is severely underrated.

I don't understand why people seem to think DTs need to be 6'3" to be successful. It's all about leverage down in the trench - sometimes height is a disadvantage.

Thats exactly the players Bo has gone after so far. Both of the DT commits we have are right around 6'0". I think that when you are lower to the ground you can cause more problems in the backfield and get more pressure.

Does make it harder for those DT's to bat down passes at the line of scrimmage though. With the influx of shorter QB's, a taller DT might be helpful.

Sutton = Beast

Why in the heck this kid is not recruited higher is beyond me. I could give a flip if he is undersized. Get the kid up to to 270 and he'll be fine at DT.

Watch the film of this kid at the NIKE Camp. He absolutely abused damm near every lineman he went up against. Kid is severely underrated.

I don't understand why people seem to think DTs need to be 6'3" to be successful. It's all about leverage down in the trench - sometimes height is a disadvantage.

Thats exactly the players Bo has gone after so far. Both of the DT commits we have are right around 6'0". I think that when you are lower to the ground you can cause more problems in the backfield and get more pressure.

Does make it harder for those DT's to bat down passes at the line of scrimmage though. With the influx of shorter QB's, a taller DT might be helpful.

Not when the majority of these small white point guards in this league are standing 8 yards away from the LOS. It's all about the pass rush.

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone shake it off and focus on the future. Big visitor this weekend:

Sutton sets up first three visits

Posted by Greg Biggins

Centennial (Corona, Calif.) defensive lineman William Sutton recently set up his first three official visits.

Sutton is one of the state's top tackle prospects and picked up a big scholarship offer a week ago from Arizona State. He also had a pair of Pac-10 schools watching his game last Friday and is hoping it will result in another offer or two.

"UCLA and Arizona were both at my game last weekend," Sutton said. "It's always motivating to see college coaches there watching you and I thought I played pretty well.

"I had about five tackles and two sacks and controlled the line of scrimmage pretty well. I have a high interest in both of those two schools and would love to visit them if they decide to offer me."

Sutton has three visits set -- Nebraska this weekend, Arizona State the weekend of Nov. 14 and Fresno State Jan. 9.

"I don't want to set any visits for December because we'll be in the playoffs and hopefully headed to another state championship appearance. We lost in the finals last year, so hopefully we can get another opportunity this year."

Looking to reschedule:

Sutton postpones visit

William Sutton (Corona, Calif./Centennial) was scheduled to visit Nebraska this past weekend but wasn't able to make the visit.

"They played at 1:30 Saturday and I wouldn't have been able to get there in time," Sutton said. "We played Friday night and there aren't a lot of redeye flights into Nebraska.

"I'm going to take the visit another time but I was really hoping to see a game because I've heard the crowds are pretty crazy there. I'll be playing all in December so that visit will likely be in January."

The defensive tackle will visit Arizona State this coming weekend and is looking forward to seeing some old teammates.

"Ryan Bass and Brandon Magee are both playing as true freshmen there," Sutton said. "I've talked to them and they like it a lot there so I know this trip will be a lot of fun.

"The other visit I have set up is with Fresno State for (Jan. 9). Arizona was the latest school to offer me and I'm interested in them as well. I still UCLA but I'm not sure what they're waiting on before they offer. They were at my game two weeks ago and told me I played well but that was it."

ESPN:

Sutton enjoys time in Tempe

William Sutton (Corona, Calif./Centennial) took his first official visit this past weekend to Arizona State.

"I had a lot of fun of the trip," Sutton said. "I got to hang out with the players and coaches and they were all real cool. The campus and the city are great and I honestly enjoyed everything about the visit.

"I was hosted by Brandon Magee and Shelly Lyons, who I played with last year, and it was cool to see them again. They like it there a lot and I know I would be comfortable at ASU as well. I was never really tempted to commit though because going in to the visit, I knew I wanted to take some more visits."

As for future visits, Sutton said he may be back on the road this coming weekend.

"It's not 100 percent locked in yet but my dad and I are talking about going to Arizona this weekend," Sutton said. "I'm sure I'll take a few more but we start playoffs this Friday so that's where my main focus is right now."

Sutton checks out Arizona

Two weeks ago, Centennial (Corona, Calif.) defensive tackle William Sutton visited Arizona State. He was back in Arizona again this past weekend, only this time to visit the Wildcats.

"It was great, I liked it just as much as my visit to ASU," Sutton said. "This was my first trip to Tucson and it was a really cool place and the game against Oregon State was crazy.

"Matt Scott (former teammate) was my host and it was great to hang out with him again. I had a lot of fun there but just hanging out with Matt was probably the best part for me and the coaches were really cool as well."

Sutton's next visit will be to Fresno State (Dec. 9). His Husky squad is favored to win the Inland Championship and play in the state championship game December 20. As a result, Sutton hasn't set any visits for the month of December but will wait until January to take his remaining visits.

• 2 weeks later...

So....with Sutton apparently out of the picture (since his top 2 are Arizona & Arizona State) & that Trinity DT apparently committed to Utah, will Latu Heimuli be the last DT we take (if he commits)?

We REALLY need to close on Heimuli, either that or raid somebody else's class and get a decommit.