Not one Husker Player

We have ZERO players deserving to be ranked at this point! I don't drink the kool-aid 24/7.

Sorry, but Lucky really does deserve it, I have read a lot of articles or seen lists this year with Lucky on them for RB. His rushing yards alone probably make it so he doesn't deserve it, but you put together his rushing and receiving stats and you will see the all around versatile RB he really is.

I guarantee they just went through and looked at Rushing yards alone

:yeah

This article should have just been entitled...."Ranking the BCS players that I saw on TV during the bowl season so didn't have to get up and do any real research"

119 BCS Teams and the guy names players from only 40 of them....leads me to believe he either was unable to catch the other 79 teams on his TV or all the players on the other 79 teams are mediocre at best....

Of the 40 teams he picked players from, 20 finished in the top 25 final rankings and of the remaining 20, 16 played in bowl games anyway leaving only four teams that didn't play over the bowl period:

Arizona (with four players on the list)

Pittsubrg (with three players on the list)

S Carolina (with one player on the list)

Minnesota (with one player on the list)

Now...out of those 9 players, guess how many aren't even real players but just kickers and punters? 4! Gee...in the BCS, only 5 people playing skill positions in college football are good enough to rank on this list....

And is it a coincidence that three of the four coaches for those four non-bowl teams are Mike Stoops, Steve Spurrier and Dave Wannestedt? If any of those guys stopped real quick Matt Hayes' head would probably break off in their asses...how the poor punting boob from Minnesota got in there, I still can't figure out. Probably a relative.... <_<

What a crappy ranking by a lazy "sports journalist". Somebody should give him back his crayon so he can get back to writing children's books.

Cy you are the man

• 3 weeks later...

I havent really been that impressed with Joe McKnight yet. I know he was a "super recruit" and all, but he really hasn't done much outside of one game. He may be better this year , but i dont think he deserves to be on the list. Lucky really is the only player even close to being on there, and i still think its a stretch. This is a crappy article anyway.

I havent really been that impressed with Joe McKnight yet. I know he was a "super recruit" and all, but he really hasn't done much outside of one game. He may be better this year , but i dont think he deserves to be on the list. Lucky really is the only player even close to being on there, and i still think its a stretch. This is a crappy article anyway.

Not impressed with McKnight either, runs soft and very easy to bring down. Where are the TEXAS players?

Ranking the BCS-conference players by position

By Matt Hayes - SportingNews

14 hours, 55 minutes ago

Buzz Up Print

Conference rankings: ACC | Big East | Big 12 | Big Ten | Pac-10 | SEC

After analyzing player rankings from each of the six BCS conferences the last two weeks, we give you the overall player rankings from the BCS schools.

Quarterback

1. Pat White, West Virginia

2. Tim Tebow, Florida

3. Chase Daniel, Missouri

4. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

5. Matt Stafford, Georgia

6. Todd Reesing, Kansas

7. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech

8. Cullen Harper, Clemson

9. Kellen Lewis, Indiana

10. Willie Tuitama, Arizona

Quick thoughts: I’m going to take some heat for this one—yes, Florida fans, I love Superman, too—but White is the best player in the game. If we’re playing a pickup football game and I’ve got first pick, I’m taking White.

ADVERTISEMENT

Running back

1. Chris Wells, Ohio State

2. Knowshon Moreno, Georgia

3. LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh

4. C.J. Spiller, Clemson

5. Joe McKnight, USC

6. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin

7. Javon Ringer, Michigan State

8. James Davis, Clemson

9. Keegan Herring, Arizona State

10. Noel Devine, West Virginia

Quick thoughts: Wells, Moreno and McCoy have produced; Spiller and McKnight—the game’s most dynamic running backs—have not. Yet.

Wide receiver

1. Percy Harvin, Florida

2. Jeremy Maclin, Missouri

3. Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech

4. Arrelious Benn, Illinois

5. Brian Robiskie, Ohio State

6. Mike Thomas, Arizona

7. Kenny Britt, Rutgers

8. Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma

9. Aaron Kelly, Clemson

10. Brandon LaFell, LSU

Quick thoughts: I’d pay to see Harvin and Maclin play, and Crabtree did things as a freshman that bordered on spectacular—no matter the offensive scheme. Benn is the next big thing if Illinois QB Juice Williams becomes a legitimate factor in the passing game.

Tight end

1. Travis Beckum, Wisconsin

2. Chase Coffman, Missouri

3. Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State

4. Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma

5. Cornelius Ingram, Florida

6. Jared Cook, South Carolina

7. Richard Dickson, LSU

8. Ed Dickson, Oregon

9. Andrew Quarless, Penn State

10. Jeff Cumberland, Illinois

Quick thoughts: A terrific group with as many as three or four potential first-round NFL picks. There hasn’t been a tight end class this deep in more than a decade.

Offensive line

1. Andre Smith, Alabama

2. Michael Oher, Ole Miss

3. Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

4. Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas

5. Alex Mack, California

6. Ryan Stanchek, West Virginia

7. Max Unger, Oregon

8. Herman Johnson, LSU

9. Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma

10. Alex Boone, Ohio State

Quick thoughts: The deepest position in the nation. Want a glimpse of the 2009 NFL draft? Watch these 10—all will be selected in the first two rounds.

Kicker

1. Thomas Weber, Arizona State

2. Sam Swank, Wake Forest

3. Kai Forbath, UCLA

4. Jason Bondzio, Arizona

5. Tony Ciaravino, Connecticut

6. Jeff Wolfert, Missouri

7. Obi Egekeze, Maryland

8. Conor Lee, Pittsburgh

9. Austin Starr, Indiana

10. David Buehler, USC

Quick thoughts: Weber, Swank and Forbath clearly are the nation’s elite.

Defensive line

1. Fili Moala, USC

2. Greg Middleton, Indiana

3. George Selvie, South Florida

4. Maurice Evans, Penn State

5. Greg Hardy, Ole Miss

6. George Hypolite, Colorado

7. Nick Reed, Oregon

8. Antonio Coleman, Auburn

9. Ricky Jean-Francois, LSU

10. Auston English, Oklahoma

Quick thoughts: Coaches love space-eating tackles, and Moala is as good as any interior lineman this decade. Middleton, Selvie and Evans are elite, quick-off-the-edge pass rushers. If Jean-Francois plays like he did in the SEC Championship Game and BCS National Championship Game, he’ll jump to the top of the list.

Linebacker

1. James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

2. Rey Maualuga, USC

3. Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh

4. Brandon Spikes, Florida

5. Brian Cushing, USC

6. Joe Mortenson, Kansas

7. Reggie Carter, UCLA

8. Aaron Curry, Wake Forest

9. Marcus Freeman, Ohio State

10. Sean Witherspoon, Missouri

Quick thoughts: I love this group: hard hitters, tough guys, smart players. Again, a ton of NFL talent.

Defensive back

1. Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

2. Vontae Davis, Illinois

3. Taylor Mays, USC

4. William Moore, Missouri

5. Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest

6. Victor Harris, Virginia Tech

7. Patrick Chung, Oregon

8. Mike Mickens, Cincinnati

9. Eric Berry, Tennessee

10. Kevin Ellison, USC

Quick thoughts: Some terrific cover corners in the group—Davis, Jenkins, Smith, Harris—and the first two safeties to go in next year’s NFL draft: Mays and Ellison.

Punter

1. Kevin Huber, Cincinnati

2. Justin Brantley, Texas A&M

3. Ryan Shoemaker, Auburn

4. Keenyn Crier, Arizona

5. Aaron Perez, UCLA

6. Jeremy Boone, Penn State

7. Pat McAfee, West Virginia

8. Graham Gano, Florida State

9. Justin Kucek, Minnesota

10. Britton Colquitt, Tennessee

Quick thoughts: The first five will compete with Chris Miller of Ball State and Thomas Morstead of SMU for All-American honors.

Joe McKnight as the #5 RB? Please. There is some classic over hype if I've ever seen it.

I for one am also looking forward to Malaluga's 9th year of eligibility. Seriously, that guy is approaching Chris Rix levels in hanging around if he indeed is returning.