Phil Steele's big 12 team thoughts?

Was anyone robbed? I think it's pretty on the mark.

http://huskersgameday.com/2008/06/04/phil-...ll-big-12-team/

All Big-12 Offense

* 1st Team - Marlon Lucky, RB, Senior

* 2nd Team - Lydon Murtha, OT, Senior

* 4th Team - Nate Swift, WR, Senior

All Big-12 Defense

* 2nd Team - Larry Asante, S, Junior

* 3rd Team - Zach Potter, DE, Senior

* 4th Team - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Junior

* 4th Team - Armando Murillo, CB, Senior

All Big-12 Special Teams

* 2nd Team - Dan Titchener, P, Senior

All Big-12 Offense

All Big-12 Defense

All Big-12 Special Teams

Forgot to add Matt Slauson on the 2nd team

I think that's pretty spot on although I think Swift should be on 2nd or 3rd team because he is a pretty decent receiver.

:yeah

I don't think that a lot of people are giving Swift the credit that he deserves. He's going to be one hell of a receiver this year.

All Big-12 Offense

All Big-12 Defense

All Big-12 Special Teams

He picked 10 of the 11 starters from a mediocre Texas defense?? And Todd Reesing is behind Colt McCoy? Can McCoy go through a season without getting hurt?

Phil Steele < Village Idiot.... <_<

Not in the slightest, his preseason mag is far and away the best available on the market. Honestly, you're trying to discount him on the basis that he's not hyping your recently 3-9 football team? That's a laugh.

DON'T get me started on who one of those victories was over..... :box

Not in the slightest, his preseason mag is far and away the best available on the market. Honestly, you're trying to discount him on the basis that he's not hyping your recently 3-9 football team? That's a laugh.

Uh oh, you don't want an angry Cyclone on your hands.

Uh oh, you don't want an angry Cyclone on your hands.

And that guy's credentials as a College Football Guru are what....? He flew over some of the states that the colleges are located in? Oh well...if you get your football information from the New York Times, you get what you've paid for...

Village Idiot > Phil Steele + Paul Myerberg

Ah yes, that mythical afternoon when your Cyclones defeated the Colorado Buffaloes and the myth of competent officiating in the Big XII at the exact same time. Truly, that was a day to remember.

I can tell you for certain that my Buffs remember it well, but we'll get to that in November.

And that guy's credentials as a College Football Guru are what....? He flew over some of the states that the colleges are located in? Oh well...if you get your football information from the New York Times, you get what you've paid for...

Village Idiot > Phil Steele + Paul Myerberg

I'm not sure what his specific credentials are, but the man knows college football like the back of his hand and is far and away the best of the preseason prognosticators (though the competition isn't too fierce, as it's pretty obvious that the writers at Athlon and Lindy's spend about 8 minutes researching each team before making their predictions).

I remember back in 2001, when CU was coming off a 3-8 season, almost every publication out there predicted that the Buffs would win somewhere between 4 and 6 games and be lucky to make a bowl game. Phil Steele on the other hand came completely out of left field and predicted that CU would not only contend for the North, but the Big XII as a whole. I'm sure he got a lot of flack for that at the time, but he looked mighty sage-like when Colorado hoisted the Big XII Championship trophy that November. If I remember correctly, he also predicted Kansas to have a very big year last year (though probably not as big as they ended up having).

Of course, he's not always right, but he's always willing to make bold predictions if he feels that the statistics dictate that those predictions will come to pass. That's the other nice thing about Steele's mag: All of his predictions are based almost exclusively on in-depth statistical analysis, as opposed to the gut-feeling-based "well, we kinda feel like this is gonna happen for no explicitly stated reason" arguments that the other mags provide. Seriously, even if you feel spurned because he didn't give your 3-9 team enough love, you should check out his mag just to see what it's like. The layout is ugly as hell, but I'm sure you'll be impressed by the sheer volume of information that's in there... it's like a 6 dollar college football almanac.