DT Siosaia Tuipulotu

He will be committed but he could always change his mind when 2011 comes around

2011? what kind of weed are you smokin? :LOLtartar

Mormons are supposed to go on a 2 year mission (after they finish highschool? I think?), so he would be able to play after two years, i.e. 2011.

Well he committs to Nebraska in the class of 2009. Takes a two year mission trip. Gets back in 2011. Then might commit somewhere else. I don't know if they sign LOI's or not when they do these mission trips.

What kind of weed are you smokin?

• 1 month later...

Visiting this weekend (re-posted by Husker Journal):

Siosaia has offers from Nebraska, Utah, Louisville and Fresno State

“I plan on visiting Nebraska September 6th,” Tuipulotu said. “I can’t wait I heard a lot of things about them. I will be traveling with my teammate Tray Robinson (NU Commit). He’s trying to get me to go to Nebraska.”

“I want to talk to the Nebraska coaches face to face to make sure it’s OK that I take my Mission. Most schools now will allow Morman players to take their Missions.” he said

“I like Nebraska academics, they have good academic support. They stress academics a lot, about getting a degree.” Tuipulotu said

Siosaia added that he likes Bo Pelini and felt Nebraska will have a good team this year.

“The Louisville coaches did say It was OK to take the Mission. I will visit them too, no date has been set,” Tuipulotu said. “I have a cousin that played at Louisville and Utah. They help me with questions about the schools.”

“When I take my Mission, I will be gone for two years and then come back.” he said

Siosaia said that Louisville, Nebraska and Utah are recruiting him the hardest.

“This summer I worked hard on my speed.”

Not trying 2 flame here but if this guy isnt interested in playing football right away i dont want him. We already have depth problems at DT & cannot wait 2 years to get him here. IMO Pelini is making a stupid move if he accepts this guys commitment (if its true he wont be coming until 2011). I say lets get a guy who wants to contribute right away

Not trying 2 flame here but if this guy isnt interested in playing football right away i dont want him. We already have depth problems at DT & cannot wait 2 years to get him here. IMO Pelini is making a stupid move if he accepts this guys commitment (if its true he wont be coming until 2011). I say lets get a guy who wants to contribute right away

you don't want a guy...because he's taking a mission for his faith? hmm...while i may not agree with his faith, i believe that shows character, and i want that character...

you don't want a guy...because he's taking a mission for his faith? hmm...while i may not agree with his faith, i believe that shows character, and i want that character...

character is a great thing in a player, but when you are rebuilding your program and you need to make timely decisions and move forward rapidly, time can be of the essence.

Not trying 2 flame here but if this guy isnt interested in playing football right away i dont want him. We already have depth problems at DT & cannot wait 2 years to get him here. IMO Pelini is making a stupid move if he accepts this guys commitment (if its true he wont be coming until 2011).

So you don't want someone for the class of 2011? Should Bo quit wasting his time on talking to High School Juniors too? ;)

If you watched ESPN2 last night, you would have seen a pretty good high school football game that ESPN billed as a battle between 2 USC commits: Matt Barkley, #1 QB in 2009 and Morrell Presley, #1 TE in 2009. Both of these guys had been offered as Sophomores. Barkley committed in January of his Junior year. Presley didn't even bother waiting that long, committing at the end of his Sophomore year in June. I'm sure they have plenty of guys like this. That's how their classes are nearly full in the Spring.

I see no problem getting a head start on future classes, and I'd be disappointed if Nebraska wasn't contacting high school sophomores who will also be in the class of 2011.

I say lets get a guy who wants to contribute right away
So more JUCOs? :lol:

Well he committs to Nebraska in the class of 2009. Takes a two year mission trip. Gets back in 2011. Then might commit somewhere else. I don't know if they sign LOI's or not when they do these mission trips.

What kind of weed are you smokin?

If he signs his LOI in February then he's locked into Nebraska. To leave he would have to transfer.

I have no probelm with recruiting LDS players who take missions. One advantage would be having a core group of older, more mature players. If it opens a pipeline to the Samoan community that would be a plus as well.

Tuipulotu would not count against our scholly limit if we took him and he were to take his LDS mission.

But let me get this straight, people do not want to take him when ..

He's a beast

He's a beast at DT

He comes from one of the best HS football programs in the country

He brings a Poly connection

It hurts absolutely NOTHING to bring this kid aboard, let him take his mission (which he rightfully deserves to do), then have him in a few years. Heck, alot of football kids get set on doing a mission but do not end up doing it. Give the kid a freakin' break.