Sipple: 8-4 reasonable

Your number four ranking, was a farse.

Only one of star value left is Lucky, I think.

Again look at the average ranking of the players. normally just over a 3 star athlete, comparing to Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, SC and others we were getting overall numbers not quality.

But I do agree we have talent to win 7 maybe 8 games. But we do not have the talent to compete with a top 20 program at this time.

Doing the history on the classes means little, do your research and see what is left of those high end classes, that is where the research is needed.

Add the numbers anyway you want and throw all the blame on coaching, what ever floats your boat, but when come fall the players do not make the plays because of a lack of talent, will you again blame the coach for the whole failure.

We have one player on the team that has shown, on occasion that he was the ranked player rivals or anyone else said he was. That would be lucky. The talent could be there, but the heart has not been there, kids develop later sometimes.

You can think this was just a coaching nightmare, I do not feel that way. I am glad BC is gone and that we have Bo, but as usual Nebraska fans seem to think we are entitled to win and will now that we have a new coach. I think we will, but I see it in two to three years, where as some think the talent pool is there to do it this year. I hope you are right, nothing would make me happier. But I will not add to the pressure this team and staff is already under.

All Nebraska fans seem to know more about this program than any one else. Unfortunately for the last 8 years we have been winning the NC every year. The people who we claim know nothing about our team, nearly put us where we end up every year. These people see improvement this year, or at least the chance of it, but each and every one of them again say the talent is not there to win the CCG. Most likely lose to Missouri and Kansas and VaTech. I have bought into the hype we seem to promote for the last few years, this year I am not. I just do not see the talent loaded program. I see average to slightly better compared to the top programs. I see a hard working coach that has never ran the show before. I see a fan base that booed this team last year, for good reason at times I might add. If this team does not hit the field running at high gear, a trouncing by VaTech (not expected), where will all those boo birds be, where will the heads of these athletes that have shown the ability to quit be.

Hope a plenty, but there is no way I would bet any money on this team at this time. We have to show it on the field and that won't happen till fall. As I have said, after the VaTech game we will know what we have. It could be very good, or it could be a repeat of last year. Heart is a hard thing to find once you have lost it.

Again look at the average ranking of the players. normally just over a 3 star athlete, comparing to Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, SC and others we were getting overall numbers not quality.

But I do agree we have talent to win 7 maybe 8 games. But we do not have the talent to compete with a top 20 program at this time.

Doing the history on the classes means little, do your research and see what is left of those high end classes, that is where the research is needed.

Add the numbers anyway you want and throw all the blame on coaching, what ever floats your boat, but when come fall the players do not make the plays because of a lack of talent, will you again blame the coach for the whole failure.

We have one player on the team that has shown, on occasion that he was the ranked player rivals or anyone else said he was. That would be lucky. The talent could be there, but the heart has not been there, kids develop later sometimes.

You can think this was just a coaching nightmare, I do not feel that way. I am glad BC is gone and that we have Bo, but as usual Nebraska fans seem to think we are entitled to win and will now that we have a new coach. I think we will, but I see it in two to three years, where as some think the talent pool is there to do it this year. I hope you are right, nothing would make me happier. But I will not add to the pressure this team and staff is already under.

All Nebraska fans seem to know more about this program than any one else. Unfortunately for the last 8 years we have been winning the NC every year. The people who we claim know nothing about our team, nearly put us where we end up every year. These people see improvement this year, or at least the chance of it, but each and every one of them again say the talent is not there to win the CCG. Most likely lose to Missouri and Kansas and VaTech. I have bought into the hype we seem to promote for the last few years, this year I am not. I just do not see the talent loaded program. I see average to slightly better compared to the top programs. I see a hard working coach that has never ran the show before. I see a fan base that booed this team last year, for good reason at times I might add. If this team does not hit the field running at high gear, a trouncing by VaTech (not expected), where will all those boo birds be, where will the heads of these athletes that have shown the ability to quit be.

Hope a plenty, but there is no way I would bet any money on this team at this time. We have to show it on the field and that won't happen till fall. As I have said, after the VaTech game we will know what we have. It could be very good, or it could be a repeat of last year. Heart is a hard thing to find once you have lost it.

the amount of talent that has left is totally overblown... esp compared to every other team in the country. every team loses players. every team.

so lets take a look.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...5&School=50

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...6&School=50

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...7&School=50

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...8&School=50

again some have left, but most are still here. and of course some have graduated as well. but I could pull up just about any team and then look at their current roster and see players that have left.

but then we get to this "Only one of star value left is Lucky, I think." you are confusing talent with performance. clearly we haven't performed, and that is why I only expect 7 wins next year. but to say we dont have the talent to win 8 or 9 games is nothing short of silly. do you really think our talent level on defense was the 113th in the country? do you think that the recruiting agencies were off by that much?? our lack of performance was much more a reflection of a flaw in the system then it was a lack of talent.

but as usual Nebraska fans seem to think we are entitled to win and will now that we have a new coach. I think we will, but I see it in two to three years, where as some think the talent pool is there to do it this year. I hope you are right, nothing would make me happier. But I will not add to the pressure this team and staff is already under.

as for this nonsense, I will just say this.... I expect our teams to play hard. I expect our players to be playing somewhere near their talent level. I expect our teams to be prepared for their opponent(when the other teams QB says you were running a "high school defense", you are not prepared). I expect us to play to win games and not to look good on a box score(which means running more esp when we have the lead(colorado last year)) I expect our players to being playing positions that maximize their strengths. I expect our teams to look like they are not totally out of breath by the 4th quarter. I expect both lines to look like they have actually been hitting people during practice.

in short I expect our coaches to COACH. that was not happening last year. I am not a fan that expects us to be in the NT game this year. or a BCS game. or the big 12 title game. but that is a long ways from expecting to win 7-8 games. their is a huge difference. I am not a "spoiled fan" for asking for 7 games.

skers is correct. if we can just get our heart back and win 6 or 7 games, it will be a good beginning for Bo.

I decided to look at another school, West Virginia, in 204, 2005 and 2006. I think they did not crachk the top 30 in Rivlas in those years, and they are consistently good, so Rivals ain't everytihing, it is usually a little self fulfilling, recruits to top schools get better ranks, and since those schools USUALLY win, it works out...

skers is correct. if we can just get our heart back and win 6 or 7 games, it will be a good beginning for Bo.

On the odd chance the Jayhawks get a 4 star, he has busted up until now, so I would not make it the only thing to look at. Good recruits are great, but rivals stars aren't worth any points, look