Which Game in '08 will be our toughest?

Poll  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for OU, and would have anyway, but how did a Va Tech team that lost to us make the list when we did not???

:madash

because Va Tech is a consistently good program, and KU appears to be a one year wonder.

If a Kansas fan knew anything, they should know that we are a terrible bowl team. Our coaches treat the games as rewards instead of a football game. Prior to the Orange Bowl, our team was bowling, playing on jet-skis, etc. Vince Hall hurt his knee on a jet-ski and Cam Martin got hurt in the game as well. We expected Kansas to be a joke and it showed with our lackluster performance.

That being said, Oklahoma is the toughest game for Nebraska in 2008. :nutz

I voted for OU, and would have anyway, but how did a Va Tech team that lost to us make the list when we did not???

because Va Tech is a consistently good program, and KU appears to be a one year wonder.

If a Kansas fan knew anything, they should know that we are a terrible bowl team. Our coaches treat the games as rewards instead of a football game. Prior to the Orange Bowl, our team was bowling, playing on jet-skis, etc. Vince Hall hurt his knee on a jet-ski and Cam Martin got hurt in the game as well. We expected Kansas to be a joke and it showed with our lackluster performance.

Nice excuse Hokie nation- The Jayhawk players were having fun on the beach as well. You should check out the KU beach party before the bowl game. No excuses hokie pokie, ya'll got beat. Deal with it. Now get off your mom's computer because she needs to e-mail me back. Oh, and tell her to shave. I swear she looks more and more like Chewbacka everytime I see her. :cowbell:

Nice excuse Hokie nation- The Jayhawk players were having fun on the beach as well. You should check out the KU beach party before the bowl game. No excuses hokie pokie, ya'll got beat. Deal with it. Now get off your mom's computer because she needs to e-mail me back. Oh, and tell her to shave. I swear she looks more and more like Chewbacka everytime I see her. :cowbell:

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Another classy KU fan. Have fun at the Alamo Bowl this year while my team will be playing in another BCS bowl. :nanalama

Smack talk is fine - personal attacks are a violation of board rules. Your warning level has been increased. A second violation will result in a temporary ban. A third violation will result in a permanent ban.

Smack talk is fine - personal attacks are a violation of board rules. Your warning level has been increased. A second violation will result in a temporary ban. A third violation will result in a permanent ban.

Are you serious husker fan? It's just a joke. I was just poking fun at the Hokie fan. No harm in that?

Another classy KU fan. Have fun at the Alamo Bowl this year while my team will be playing in another BCS bowl. :nanalama

It's really tacky to make excuses for your team's performance on the field. As a fan, you should have some pride and admit they got out played. instead of blaming it on not caring about the bowl game. If any coach in america took that approach I can tell you they wouldn't last long. Your coach woke your program up in the mid 90's. He deserves more credit than that.

Sorry if I offended you on my last staement. Don't take it personal, because I wasn't. :)

That is one fan. He is the board's provacatuer in the case of the Hawks... KU fans spent quite a bit of time interacting with Va Tech fans in Miami and actually the feedback I got back from both sides was very positive. Even those smack talking videos on the internet that were like Apple commercials were well mande and very funny. While SGS takes a different tack than I do, I think we do share the frustration of being called not for real all the time. Every week people said we would lose, we did not. Everyone said Va. Tech would blow us out, they did not. SOrry if we are prickly, but KU fans have seen our team improve gradually and then break through. I am just looking forward to a good year so I can quit hearing about how lucky we are.

I still think OU is the team to beat, how can they not be. Texas and OU have the most talent and win the most. Hard to argue with those programs....

That is one fan. He is the board's provacatuer in the case of the Hawks... KU fans spent quite a bit of time interacting with Va Tech fans in Miami and actually the feedback I got back from both sides was very positive. Even those smack talking videos on the internet that were like Apple commercials were well mande and very funny. While SGS takes a different tack than I do, I think we do share the frustration of being called not for real all the time. Every week people said we would lose, we did not. Everyone said Va. Tech would blow us out, they did not. SOrry if we are prickly, but KU fans have seen our team improve gradually and then break through. I am just looking forward to a good year so I can quit hearing about how lucky we are.

<-- Very funny, but Mario Chambers?

<-- They left out a few of their games, and a few of ours... (Mizzou had more than 10 wins too...)

<-- Pretty funny

<-- Then I guess they were sure to beat us...

Funny though, very well done comedy. But, we get this a lot, and then we win, and then nothing changes...

I still think OU is the team to beat, how can they not be. Texas and OU have the most talent and win the most. Hard to argue with those programs....

<-- Very funny, but Mario Chambers?

<-- They left out a few of their games, and a few of ours... (Mizzou had more than 10 wins too...)

<-- Pretty funny

<-- Then I guess they were sure to beat us...

Funny though, very well done comedy. But, we get this a lot, and then we win, and then nothing changes...

What's even more frustrating is after we beat good teams suddenly everyone says they weren't that good to begin with. I guess it was just luck that V-Tech was ranked #3 in the BCS before we played them. But they weren't any good? :wtf

You guys have my respect. Every year for the last 3 you have improved and gave the Huskers everything they wanted. You have a great coach. You played all the games you could and won all but one. And I honestly think if Reesing would have figured out he needed to move out a little earlier, you would have gotten Missouri.

I look for you guys to have a little tougher season this year, because everyone knows you can play ball. But it would not surprise me to see you setting in the exact same place this year, except beating Missouri.

This living in the past that some fans have drives me crazy. This game is what have you done for me lately, You have, we havent. Past means squat. Scoreboard is all that matters.

You have a clean program and great fans, there is no reason you should not be very proud of your team. I know I am glad to see you rise up and give some butt whippins. Keep up the good work, as if and when we do manage to beat you it will mean a lot more to us.

You guys have my respect. Every year for the last 3 you have improved and gave the Huskers everything they wanted. You have a great coach. You played all the games you could and won all but one. And I honestly think if Reesing would have figured out he needed to move out a little earlier, you would have gotten Missouri.

I look for you guys to have a little tougher season this year, because everyone knows you can play ball. But it would not surprise me to see you setting in the exact same place this year, except beating Missouri.

This living in the past that some fans have drives me crazy. This game is what have you done for me lately, You have, we havent. Past means squat. Scoreboard is all that matters.

You have a clean program and great fans, there is no reason you should not be very proud of your team. I know I am glad to see you rise up and give some butt whippins. Keep up the good work, as if and when we do manage to beat you it will mean a lot more to us.

Relatively clean - I thought they got into some minor trouble with NCAA. Free phone calls and questionable online summer courses or some such.

sooners will be our toughest opponent over all...

mizzou will be our toughest opponent at home....

...and texas tech will be a scary road game...

...being optimistic the huskers could be as good as 10-2 and as bad as 7-5....I always like our chances at home especially with a more spirited coaching staff....oklahoma and texas tech to me will be very hard to overcome in Pelinis first year....we all know anything is possible with the level of talent still on the team, motivated coaches, and the nations #1 fans....a 6-6 season would be a dissapointment...