Which Game in '08 will be our toughest?

Poll  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sooners will be our toughest opponent over all...

mizzou will be our toughest opponent at home....

...and texas tech will be a scary road game...

...being optimistic the huskers could be as good as 10-2 and as bad as 7-5....I always like our chances at home especially with a more spirited coaching staff....oklahoma and texas tech to me will be very hard to overcome in Pelinis first year....we all know anything is possible with the level of talent still on the team, motivated coaches, and the nations #1 fans....a 6-6 season would be a dissapointment...

I would say 10-2 would be national coach of the year for Bo... To do that, in his first year after a losing season in a conference that seems to be improving, well that would be very opimistic and I will be the first to credit Bo. I think he may be a good coach, but goodness.

sooners will be our toughest opponent over all...

mizzou will be our toughest opponent at home....

...and texas tech will be a scary road game...

...being optimistic the huskers could be as good as 10-2 and as bad as 7-5....I always like our chances at home especially with a more spirited coaching staff....oklahoma and texas tech to me will be very hard to overcome in Pelinis first year....we all know anything is possible with the level of talent still on the team, motivated coaches, and the nations #1 fans....a 6-6 season would be a dissapointment...

I would say 10-2 would be national coach of the year for Bo... To do that, in his first year after a losing season in a conference that seems to be improving, well that would be very opimistic and I will be the first to credit Bo. I think he may be a good coach, but goodness.

optimistic: Expecting a favorable outcome or dwelling on hopeful aspects

id say we could do a lot worse than 7-5 though.

I voted for OU, and would have anyway, but how did a Va Tech team that lost to us make the list when we did not???

:madash

I agree. The arrogance of Husker Nation's bias against our hawks is shown in this poll. V-Tech is KU's Bit$%

:koolaid2:

or perhaps it only reflects the person that made the poll? I am shocked at the amount of smack you KU boys are taking after one good year. its pretty funny really

I voted for OU, and would have anyway, but how did a Va Tech team that lost to us make the list when we did not???

I agree. The arrogance of Husker Nation's bias against our hawks is shown in this poll. V-Tech is KU's Bit$%

or perhaps it only reflects the person that made the poll? I am shocked at the amount of smack you KU boys are taking after one good year. its pretty funny really

I'll have to admit..Even though "On further review" KU should be a tough game..But they weren't the 1st (or even 4th) team that came to my mind innitially..Old perceptions take several season to undo.

Remember how long it took for most of us to take KSU seriously?...It seems to be taking some time for me to think of them as being back to celler dwellers again.

That and possibly the overall "feeling" that VT would've won 3 out of 5 times last season against KU..Maybe even 4. :box

Congratulations on the Great season though, I hope you continue to represent. :clap

because Va Tech is a consistently good program, and KU appears to be a one year wonder.

If a Kansas fan knew anything, they should know that we are a terrible bowl team. Our coaches treat the games as rewards instead of a football game. Prior to the Orange Bowl, our team was bowling, playing on jet-skis, etc. Vince Hall hurt his knee on a jet-ski and Cam Martin got hurt in the game as well. We expected Kansas to be a joke and it showed with our lackluster performance.

That being said, Oklahoma is the toughest game for Nebraska in 2008. :nutz

Nice excuse Hokie nation- The Jayhawk players were having fun on the beach as well. You should check out the KU beach party before the bowl game. No excuses hokie pokie, ya'll got beat. Deal with it. Now get off your mom's computer because she needs to e-mail me back. Oh, and tell her to shave. I swear she looks more and more like Chewbacka everytime I see her. :cowbell:

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Another classy KU fan. Have fun at the Alamo Bowl this year while my team will be playing in another BCS bowl. :nanalama

That is one fan. He is the board's provacatuer in the case of the Hawks... KU fans spent quite a bit of time interacting with Va Tech fans in Miami and actually the feedback I got back from both sides was very positive. Even those smack talking videos on the internet that were like Apple commercials were well mande and very funny. While SGS takes a different tack than I do, I think we do share the frustration of being called not for real all the time. Every week people said we would lose, we did not. Everyone said Va. Tech would blow us out, they did not. SOrry if we are prickly, but KU fans have seen our team improve gradually and then break through. I am just looking forward to a good year so I can quit hearing about how lucky we are.

<-- Very funny, but Mario Chambers?

<-- They left out a few of their games, and a few of ours... (Mizzou had more than 10 wins too...)

<-- Pretty funny

<-- Then I guess they were sure to beat us...

Funny though, very well done comedy. But, we get this a lot, and then we win, and then nothing changes...

I still think OU is the team to beat, how can they not be. Texas and OU have the most talent and win the most. Hard to argue with those programs....

What's even more frustrating is after we beat good teams suddenly everyone says they weren't that good to begin with. I guess it was just luck that V-Tech was ranked #3 in the BCS before we played them. But they weren't any good? :wtf

Welcome to our world. Remember how little credit we had going into the 2000 National Championship game with F.S.U. .

because Va Tech is a consistently good program, and KU appears to be a one year wonder.

If a Kansas fan knew anything, they should know that we are a terrible bowl team. Our coaches treat the games as rewards instead of a football game. Prior to the Orange Bowl, our team was bowling, playing on jet-skis, etc. Vince Hall hurt his knee on a jet-ski and Cam Martin got hurt in the game as well. We expected Kansas to be a joke and it showed with our lackluster performance.

That being said, Oklahoma is the toughest game for Nebraska in 2008. :nutz

Nice excuse Hokie nation- The Jayhawk players were having fun on the beach as well. You should check out the KU beach party before the bowl game. No excuses hokie pokie, ya'll got beat. Deal with it. Now get off your mom's computer because she needs to e-mail me back. Oh, and tell her to shave. I swear she looks more and more like Chewbacka everytime I see her. :cowbell:

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Another classy KU fan. Have fun at the Alamo Bowl this year while my team will be playing in another BCS bowl. :nanalama

That is one fan. He is the board's provacatuer in the case of the Hawks... KU fans spent quite a bit of time interacting with Va Tech fans in Miami and actually the feedback I got back from both sides was very positive. Even those smack talking videos on the internet that were like Apple commercials were well mande and very funny. While SGS takes a different tack than I do, I think we do share the frustration of being called not for real all the time. Every week people said we would lose, we did not. Everyone said Va. Tech would blow us out, they did not. SOrry if we are prickly, but KU fans have seen our team improve gradually and then break through. I am just looking forward to a good year so I can quit hearing about how lucky we are.

<-- Very funny, but Mario Chambers?

<-- They left out a few of their games, and a few of ours... (Mizzou had more than 10 wins too...)

<-- Pretty funny

<-- Then I guess they were sure to beat us...

Funny though, very well done comedy. But, we get this a lot, and then we win, and then nothing changes...

I still think OU is the team to beat, how can they not be. Texas and OU have the most talent and win the most. Hard to argue with those programs....

What's even more frustrating is after we beat good teams suddenly everyone says they weren't that good to begin with. I guess it was just luck that V-Tech was ranked #3 in the BCS before we played them. But they weren't any good? :wtf

Welcome to our world. Remember how little credit we had going into the 2000 National Championship game with F.S.U. .

The one you lost 46-29?

Try being Undefeated and #2 Facing a one-loss FSU and being a huge underdog at 17 1/2 points.

I do not talk much smack, to be honest. I would like to see what smack I have talked. I just think people dismiss the tangible progress that is being made. I do not think my bold predicition onf 9-3 or 8-4 as my 2 most likely outcomes is over the moon, not down to earth crazy talk.... I just think we did not used to be a real contender in the North and we are on the path that we could be a real long term player. I do not think you all see tings like our 80,000 square foot football only facility, our good gradual rise in the size of our crwods (due to the bandwagon comments, which bely the gradual growth I have seen), etc. THere is something going on and it could result in a change to KU being a real challenger in the long term. That is by no means a foregone conlcusion, Mangino could leave, we could never get past the recruiting gap (like K-State), We could lose too many key coaches to better jobs, etc. BUt We have gradually improved and when I see comments from people who do not follow us, I try to educate them as to why I have my point of view, as they educate me as to theirs (sometimes they just throw out unsupported smack too, depending on the poster).

I'll have to admit..Even though "On further review" KU should be a tough game..But they weren't the 1st (or even 4th) team that came to my mind innitially..Old perceptions take several season to undo.

Remember how long it took for most of us to take KSU seriously?...It seems to be taking some time for me to think of them as being back to celler dwellers again.

That and possibly the overall "feeling" that VT would've won 3 out of 5 times last season against KU..Maybe even 4. :box

Congratulations on the Great season though, I hope you continue to represent. :clap

Much appreciated. I was at the game and watch it way too much on tape, but we left a lot more points out there then Va Tech did. To your point, hard to say who woulda won if we played 5 times, but I am not a homer and I say 3 wins for the Hawks... We also downed it at the 1 at the end instead of putting out another TD, so the score looks a little closer than it was, but the Hokies are good and I would say they are another example of a fine program, with good fans and a good coach and they set a fine example as to how to run a football program. In the end, they play the game once and the rest is conjecture. What spoke more to me about my trips last year were about what kind of fans A&M and the Hokies had, it was impressive. I have always liked the Husker fans as a general rule (every group has their jerks, but some have less at least) and I think the Big Red should feel very proud about what they have built. I hope in 10 years we have maintained well enough to have a whole culture built up that would help us sustain excellence.

That is a tough question, because all are going to be tough, but I am going with Texas Tech. First off, Tech has a quick strike offense that makes it hard to get to the QB(our pass defense is a huge question mark at this point also). Secondly, they return 10 starters, I believe, and a stud QB/WR combo. Third, their defense was #1 in conference play last year, and they return 9 starters from that squad that came around after they fired their DC. And lastly, it is on the road. I think Nebraska has a better shot at beating OU than TT, because of style of play. I think OU, MU, TT and VT are most likely all losses, with maybe 1 upset, but I don't think it will be in Lubbock, JMO.

I have friends in Lubbock, and I have followed them pretty closely. I heard the talk from their loyal fans, how the head coach predicted they would beat Nebraska four years ago. He said at the time it is the first step to winning the conference. They knew they were better, a lot better. He has predicted the upsets every year, he has his best QB ever, a real 4-5 star kid, a lot of experience and talent. He says they will win the conference this year. The guy has been pretty spot on for quite awhile. I know they will lose to some one they are not supposed to, but I think Tech will win the Big 12 this year. If Nebraska can not, I would like to see them do it. I have been to several games at Lubbock and have enjoyed myself at every one, even the 70-10 nightmare. I sat in their section at the Holiday Bowl and honestly had just as much fas as I have had Nebraska games. Great people, not full of them selves, hoping for a win, but not acting like they expect it. Climbing the ladder slowly in a very hard area for them to recruit.