first play - first game

My guess would be that the first offensive play for the Huskers will be a run between the tackles or a short pass in the flats. I don't think we'll see a long bomb or an option because we don't want to have a turnover to start the game. A simple run between the tackles or quick easy pass and get everyone's nerves calmed a bit before the offense is opened up.

My guess would be that the first offensive play for the Huskers will be a run between the tackles or a short pass in the flats. I don't think we'll see a long bomb or an option because we don't want to have a turnover to start the game. A simple run between the tackles or quick easy pass and get everyone's nerves calmed a bit before the offense is opened up.

I agree. Pelini is trying to set a more physical attitude, therefore, the first play will reflect that - some kind of power running play. Maybe even a give to the fullback.

now what kind of fun is that being the boring truth ?!

I agree a turnover on the first play of the season wouldn't be a good thing