Special Teams

I don't hear too many people talking about the special teams, but I am really concerned about the return teams...in the spring game, they really looked pathetic, does anyone else see this, or is it just me? We have a decent offense, but I don't think we can rely just on turnovers from the defense (especially if they look like last year) for turnovers to get the offense the ball. I hate to see us go into games, have the other team score first, then have them take the ball right back because we don't have anyone with the backbone to actually catch the ball on the kickoff.

If someone don't step up and show they can CATCH the ball, then RUN with the ball, this is going to be a long long long season, with the defense on the field too long each game.

dedhoarse

Surely they will find someone that has the balls to do it. I know I would have a hard time concentrating on catching a high kick, just knowing that someone is coming to take off my head. I give credit to anyone willing to take the abuse that you eventually are going to take doing that job.

There has to be someone with the attitude that it takes somewhere on this team to do that job and do it well...I hope Bo can find them.

if i am not mistaked, i think that the punt return team could only fair catch.

i would like to see Niles Paul and Gullian (sp) back for the kick return team maybe evan Mendoza

I think Mendoza fumbled at least twice in the spring game receiving kicks/punts. I am also concerned about the special teams. Henery has been solid, Kunalic has been good for some touchbacks and Titchener is a solid punter. Other than that, the returners are a huge question mark, not sure if any have any real experience, the excpetion might be Nate Swift, and his experience is limited.

Glad I am not the only one that hasn't forgotten about this problem. I know Bo won't overlook it....but you have to think that West. MI will be coming down the field hard to try and put some doubt in the returners mind after seeing our Spring Game and all the muffed returns.

Glad I am not the only one that hasn't forgotten about this problem. I know Bo won't overlook it....but you have to think that West. MI will be coming down the field hard to try and put some doubt in the returners mind after seeing our Spring Game and all the muffed returns.

It doesn't take a genius to do it. If you doubt your abilities when fielding then let it go.

doesn't take genius, but it does seem to be something that isn't for everyone. Personally I think it has something to do with peripheral vision. Somehow ole Groce could anticipate and dodge a person that he couldn't even "see" because his eye was on the ball. I don't think that kid ever fair caught a ball, lol, so maybe it just was having a pair. :)