Bo knows the Press

hack

I just Bogasmed all over my computer.

Wow did Osborne make the right call here. Everything is starting to fall into place. Win or lose this season, the best is yet to come.

man, i'm not sure what's gonna happen if huskers lose under bo? ritual suicide?

Wow did Osborne make the right call here. Everything is starting to fall into place. Win or lose this season, the best is yet to come.

The same thing that happened after BC. Those rallying around him now will be the first in line with the knives. At first, we'll have all the excuses of how he doesn't have his players yet and the previous staff left the cupboard bare. Then we'll get the excuse of how the older players are just cancers on the team and we'll be better when they're gone. Etc. etc. etc.

maybe the NCAA should instill a new rule allowing us to play one coach at any given time...

Joe Pa and Bobby would be REAL excited about that

joe pa: "ohgodohgodohgod! my hip! you young punks!"

This is the pic from his infamous "Hogan's Alley" run for the crapper during the Ohio State game.

JoePa.jpg

He moves pretty good yet for an old man.

The same thing that happened after BC. Those rallying around him now will be the first in line with the knives. At first, we'll have all the excuses of how he doesn't have his players yet and the previous staff left the cupboard bare. Then we'll get the excuse of how the older players are just cancers on the team and we'll be better when they're gone. Etc. etc. etc.

While indeed the bottom may fall out of the box, for now I choose to be optimistic. Drowning in negativity and so-called 'rational' expectations is exactly the type of fan attitude that perpetuates mediocrity. But it's sure a lot safer to be down on your team and find out they succeed than be up on them and find out they fail.

av-4561.jpg

Michael..

Nice Avatar..Although the Gray background seems to contradict something Bo would say about team discipline being black or white..(No gray areas) :box

I'm glad to see so many on here rallying around Bo..Although at the time, Turner Gill was probably my 1st choice...It was very close, but I now feel Bo was the right choice.

I was afraid the fan base would continue to be split more..Like they were about getting rid of Solich (I was against that decision) or Hiring Callahan..(I was against that choice the day after the hire..I'd never heard of him before, so it took me at least a day to read up on him).

The big difference I see this time around, is the attitude of the coaching staff.

The previous staff did nice things like visit Hospitals and stuff. But also made changes that rubbed most of us the wrong way..(Almost ridding us of Walk-ons, pretty much severing ties with former players & coaches, disrespecting opponents and lying about it later, Not making adjustments durring games..etc).

This staff seems to "Get us"

We NEVER play to lose close.

Oh yeah..Bo already DOES "have his players" here.

I wasn't being down on the program or Pelini. I simply just answered the question of what will happen if Bo loses. There are difference this time around. The fan base is more united. Whether this translates to the field remains to be seen, but yeah we the fans are more united now. I think Bo will be successful here. This unification will if nothing more give him a year or more longer than BC probably had. However, the point was what happens in year 5 or 6 if we're still 5-7, 6-7, or 7-5? The only concern I have about hiring a young inspiring head coach that was an excellent coordinator is his patience with his new staff. If things don't go as well as expected in year 1 or 2, is Bo going to start chopping assistants prematurely? I hope not. The most successful programs are made up of a core of good coaches, not just a good head coach. Spurrier didn't win the NC until he finished putting his puzzle of coaches together and getting Stoops down there to build him a D. There's a reason Miles wanted Pelini at LSU.

I wasn't being down on the program or Pelini. I simply just answered the question of what will happen if Bo loses. There are difference this time around. The fan base is more united. Whether this translates to the field remains to be seen, but yeah we the fans are more united now. I think Bo will be successful here. This unification will if nothing more give him a year or more longer than BC probably had. However, the point was what happens in year 5 or 6 if we're still 5-7, 6-7, or 7-5? The only concern I have about hiring a young inspiring head coach that was an excellent coordinator is his patience with his new staff. If things don't go as well as expected in year 1 or 2, is Bo going to start chopping assistants prematurely? I hope not. The most successful programs are made up of a core of good coaches, not just a good head coach. Spurrier didn't win the NC until he finished putting his puzzle of coaches together and getting Stoops down there to build him a D. There's a reason Miles wanted Pelini at LSU.

Good points. The thing is, though, Watson is pretty much a known quantity, and so is Pelini––in a sense. We've seen time and again what he does to defenses. I think LSU's defense gave up 400 yards plus for three straight games after he was hired. There were people out to hang him, but they still ended up a top five defense. If Bo loses a bunch in his first years I think the talent will have to be the main issue. Whether its problems fitting into his system, or just a plain lack of athleticism at key positions, I have a hard time believing that a coordinator of Bo's level could simply fail to achieve success if he has the proper tools to employ.

But its all moot until the team takes the field. I think they're going to do just fine. It may not be pretty for a few weeks, but as they learn the system and grow confident in their abilities and the schemes, we could see a massive resurgence of tough, nasty blackshirts.