Poll: College football vs weddings

pop quiz  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

some great posts ...

but I have to say, Husker fans, I'm a little disappointed by the poll numbers, given Nebraska's football heritage.

So far the Iowa State fans are just rockin' their poll, but the funniest story is from an Okie State fan on OrangePower.com

That cruise ship story is a seriously close second, though!! :D

LOL

My dumb a$$ brother got married in 1986 when NU played south carolina. It was an away game, and supposed to be a cake walk. Not only was the ceremony the same day, it was the same TIME as the first half of the game. My sister-in-law said it was the only time the church was available. DUH. Wore earpiece and gave *discrete* symbols during the ceremony. The new bride (and her family) was pi$$ed that EVERYBODY went out to the parking lot to listen to the end of the game. NU won by 3 points.

Couple of years later the two families were invited to have Thanksgiving dinner together. Turns out they are VERY religous. One of their traditions was to stand around the dining room and tell everyone what they were thankful for in the past year. They had a rough year, the father had cancer, they lost the family business, so everyone of them gave the sad sob story - but were thankful for God and family. I was the first one from our side of the family to talk. It was 1988 and NU beat OU the week before 7-3. I said I was thankful for a good defense. That opened the flood gates and everyone elso on my side was thankful for some aspect of the Huskers that year.

We were never invited back for Thanksgiving.

This is how truly amazaing my girlfriend is...

Last year, her cousin is getting married, the day after thanksgiving. I asked her when it was, and it happened to be in the debacle of a game. She remembered the game was on, and she said at first, I didn't have to come. I told her, i'd make it for the reception.

She knows when we get married, it's not going to be on a saturday between the months of September and November...

Couple of years later the two families were invited to have Thanksgiving dinner together. Turns out they are VERY religous. One of their traditions was to stand around the dining room and tell everyone what they were thankful for in the past year. They had a rough year, the father had cancer, they lost the family business, so everyone of them gave the sad sob story - but were thankful for God and family. I was the first one from our side of the family to talk. It was 1988 and NU beat OU the week before 7-3. I said I was thankful for a good defense. That opened the flood gates and everyone elso on my side was thankful for some aspect of the Huskers that year.

We were never invited back for Thanksgiving.

well played :)

I had a good friend get married on the day of the Texas A&M game last year and I debated for quite a while on whether I should go to the wedding or the game. As the season started going to crap, I decided to go to the wedding. I was getting text messages throughout the ceremony with the updated score from a friend that was at the game.

Last year I was a groomsman at a friends wedding during the K-State game. The season was gone at that point so I thought people were fu&*ing with me when I was getting score updates.

The worst part is my mom told me after the wedding that she had won tickets to the game at work the day before. When she told me that I got a sick feeling in my stomach. (She told me after the wedding cause she knew I would skip it if she told me before) My little brothers friend got my ticket... tragic.