Poll: College football vs weddings

pop quiz  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was afraid my Neice would never come around to be a fan of NU.

She was born 1/1/1970

Seems like the 1st 10 or 15 years of her life she'd get ignored soon after the opening of the presents begause Nebraska would always be in a new years day bowl.

She eventually got her degree from UNL and seems to have gotten over her hatred since then..(Although her 8yr old is a Texas fan) <_<

My cousin got married the last time we played ND. To his credit, he tried to estimate the game time. Too bad he didn't figure on overtime. Even the priest was in the bar waiting until the end of the game LOL.

NEVER get married in the fall during a husker game, let alone a big time husker game. :lol:

I have two damn weddings to attend this season that are really good friends of my wife. One on our bye week and the other I believe is on the day we play Mizzou. Come On!!! WTF!!! I am still trying to figure out how to play this one. Probably going to have to record it. Just sucks.

I have two damn weddings to attend this season that are really good friends of my wife. One on our bye week and the other I believe is on the day we play Mizzou. Come On!!! WTF!!! I am still trying to figure out how to play this one. Probably going to have to record it. Just sucks.

Sounds like a perfect time to "accidently" break a leg or two..Just so you're not well enough to go to a wedding, but still able to watch TV or listen to the radio.

Last season, I was buying some beer on a Sunday when a bus pulled up and 4 guys in tuxes got out. Sure looked like a wedding party to me, but where I'm from (the Great State of Missouri) NO ONE gets married on a Sunday.... priests and ministers just don't do that.

I asked one of these guys, "Wedding? On a Sunday?". He says - "Couldn't do it on Saturday.... there was a football game."

"Oh yea", I said. "Forgot I was in Nebraska".

The above is true.

Last season, I was buying some beer on a Sunday when a bus pulled up and 4 guys in tuxes got out. Sure looked like a wedding party to me, but where I'm from (the Great State of Missouri) NO ONE gets married on a Sunday.... priests and ministers just don't do that.

I asked one of these guys, "Wedding? On a Sunday?". He says - "Couldn't do it on Saturday.... there was a football game."

The above is true.

What happens in Missouri on Sundays that you can't have weddings?

The above is true.

What happens in Missouri on Sundays that you can't have weddings?

Probably because St. Louis has a very large Catholic population, and the Catholic Church does not allow Sunday weddings. Maybe the Protestants said, "If they get off on Sunday, why shouldn't we?". Anyway - it just wasn't done.

Many years ago, a girl I was dating, her cousin was getting married on saturday. There was a protest from myself (Husker fan), one of her sisters husband (Tennesee fan), and her Dad (Notre Dame) fan.

We suffered through the wedding, then at the reception, we hauled butt down to the bar at the hotel to try and catch any of the games. The bar's tv was broken. Her sister's husband, who will remain ******* for his own protection, mentioned there was a sports bar a couple miles down the road. We went back to the reception, let my g/f, her other 3 sisters, and her mom, that we were going outside for a smoke. We ran out, hopped in the car, and went to the sports bar. We figured if we were gone a half hour, nobody would be the wiser.

Well, an hour and a half later, the brother in law's cell phone rings, and we went back to the reception and proceeded to catch hell for the next month or so.

Many years ago, a girl I was dating, her cousin was getting married on saturday. There was a protest from myself (Husker fan), one of her sisters husband (Tennesee fan), and her Dad (Notre Dame) fan.

We suffered through the wedding, then at the reception, we hauled butt down to the bar at the hotel to try and catch any of the games. The bar's tv was broken. Her sister's husband, who will remain ******* for his own protection, mentioned there was a sports bar a couple miles down the road. We went back to the reception, let my g/f, her other 3 sisters, and her mom, that we were going outside for a smoke. We ran out, hopped in the car, and went to the sports bar. We figured if we were gone a half hour, nobody would be the wiser.

Well, an hour and a half later, the brother in law's cell phone rings, and we went back to the reception and proceeded to catch hell for the next month or so.

It was worth it though wasn't it? :thumbs

This is how I had to lay it out to my sisters. A girl wants their wedding day to be all about them. They want the entire focus of the entire day on them and them alone. They want to look back and reminisce about how much fun the event was. If they schedule their wedding and/or reception during a game, the focus of half the attendees (probably more) will be on the game, not on their wedding or reception. If the Huskers are unfortunate enough to lose on that particular day, there will also be several grumpy attendees who proceed to attempt to drown their sorrows with alcohol and bridesmaids. Scheduling a wedding on a game day GUARANTEES their 'special day' won't be what they want it to be.

One of them agreed, the other was stubborn. If its going to be a fall wedding, I suggest a Friday night wedding. Everyone will be able to attend and the whole crowd will be optimistic and excited about the following day.

This is how I had to lay it out to my sisters. A girl wants their wedding day to be all about them. They want the entire focus of the entire day on them and them alone. They want to look back and reminisce about how much fun the event was. If they schedule their wedding and/or reception during a game, the focus of half the attendees (probably more) will be on the game, not on their wedding or reception. If the Huskers are unfortunate enough to lose on that particular day, there will also be several grumpy attendees who proceed to attempt to drown their sorrows with alcohol and bridesmaids. Scheduling a wedding on a game day GUARANTEES their 'special day' won't be what they want it to be.

One of them agreed, the other was stubborn. If its going to be a fall wedding, I suggest a Friday night wedding. Everyone will be able to attend and the whole crowd will be optimistic and excited about the following day.

I actually have a family friend's daughter getting married this year durring a game. Unless the game is a night game. I'M NOT GOING. I did ask.. what? what are u thinking? The huskers play that day and I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it.

They took it well. (as far as I can tell) They know the deal and have for years so... they should have thought that over. JMHO