Have you gave up on the Huskers

The mindset used to be "How bad will we beat Ok, Kansas, ISU Ect......" Yeah this is Bo's 1st year as a head coach, Callahan screwed things up bad(granted he could recruit). Scholich still had that attitude that was started by Devaney, and perfected by Osborne. Now we have a hybrid of Daveny and Osborne as far as attitude goes. The head coaching we will have to see. I think it will be really good.

So to all the "maybe we will go 6-7, 8-5, even the 10-3 common this is Husker Football. Never say Quit. Take each game as it comes.

Before all the "this guys on cloud 9" bs comes let me ask you this...

How can you expect the players to take this attitude if you the fan do not??? :bonez:bonez:bonez

You have to be realistic...yeah we all want to go undefeated and win the NC....but come on, be real. The problems that were created over the last four seasons are NOT going to be solved overnight. Just the recruiting losses that we have had because of the direction that we were going is going to take some time to fix. Anyone that really believes that we are going to be undefeated and win a NC, and will be disappointed that we don't needs to get their butt to rehab, because the drugs have eaten their brain.

Anything has to be better than last year...and anyone that doesn't believe that is heading in the right direction isn't being real. Bo deserves time just like Callahan had...in my mind Callahan had a fair shake, they gave him time to turn the first couple seasons around and establish his system...it wasn't ever going to happen. The Attitude problem that the team had was the problem, and the attitude of the team comes directly from the HC.

How can you expect the players to take this attitude if you the fan do not???

If the players require fans to constantly blow sunshine up their asses in order to perform at this level, then something is seriously wrong.

I believe the possibility is there for us to win each game. However, looking at it realistically, the chances are very slim. Being realistic does not make me love the team any less, nor does it make me cheer less or more quietly. It also does not remove the hope that we will win each game. But I will not drown myself in sea of red koolaid based on the misguided assumption that the players need me to. They don't, nor should they.

I think the kind of confidence the team needs has a little to do with the fan base, but more to do with in game success. The 90s teams didn't think they'd win. They didn't believe they'd win. They knew they'd win. The game was over before they even stepped onto the field. They were stronger, faster, more determined, and more physical than anything they came up against. And they knew it. Winning was the norm. Losing was the exception. Once that attitude takes root, whether it be the first game against Western Michigan or five years from now when Bo's defensive system is completely immersed with several generations of his own recruits, Nebraska will be the perennial power it was before.

The mindset used to be "How bad will we beat Ok, Kansas, ISU Ect......" Yeah this is Bo's 1st year as a head coach, Callahan screwed things up bad(granted he could recruit). Scholich still had that attitude that was started by Devaney, and perfected by Osborne. Now we have a hybrid of Daveny and Osborne as far as attitude goes. The head coaching we will have to see. I think it will be really good.

So to all the "maybe we will go 6-7, 8-5, even the 10-3 common this is Husker Football. Never say Quit. Take each game as it comes.

How can you expect the players to take this attitude if you the fan do not??? :bonez:bonez:bonez

It's not that we ever gave up on the players, but the coaching staff sucked the will to fight out of the players and to a large extent, the fans.

I'm not sure how often you frequented the board during the "Dark Age's", but for the most part, no one ever really got down on the players, but the lack of coaching and leadership.

We're going to see changes, in attitude, on the field, and those things will translate into victories...

Definitely did not give up on them. I watched each week with the hope that I would see a turnaround. Even when we were losing by a large amount, I continued to watch the game (however, this took more beer than usual).

I did know that NU needed a change though, and that's what they got. Can't wait to watch them again this season!

Ok, let's go back to oh I don't know how about 1987. Let's say the 1987 NU team has the schedule we do this year playing what 5 or 6 top 25 teams. If that would have happened, I would still be suggesting we might go 8-5, 9-4, or 10-3. There's Big Red Koolaid, and then there's realism. I mean we lost 7 bowl games in a row at one time. We weren't really very good (NC contenders) in the late 80's or very early 90's. I agree that we should never say quit and we should have a glimmer of hope of winning each and every game, but to say how bad we'll beat OU, etc. seems assinine at this point.

For the record, show me exactly how great BC's recruiting really was. There are some on this board that don't even think this year's D has the talent of the 2003 D in which that coach was fired for poor recruiting. Until some of BC's recruits have breakout years, I reserve to give him any credit for good recruiting.