Want Husker opinions on LSU

KTeamLSU

I think some of you guys are cutting Miles short. He is one of the very few coaches to ever outcoach OU's Stoops, and he's done it twice. Talent for talent, OSU wasn't even in the same boat. However, with coaching and execution they were able to beat OU in back to back seasons.

I think this is what we NU fans are going to find out. You can have all the talent in the world (Texas), but it doesn't assure you success. I think you give Miles a little time for the players to buy into his system, and you have yourself one hell of a team and coach. I don't think you have to worry a lot about him leaving on you either. He'll probably be very content to stay with your program maybe until he retires.

Pelini will be gone in a few short years, but I think Miles can assemble a staff to continue to get the job done.

I don't think you have to worry a lot about him leaving on you either. He'll probably be very content to stay with your program maybe until he retires.

Pelini will be gone in a few short years, but I think Miles can assemble a staff to continue to get the job done.

Not so fast my friend. Miles is a Michigan grad and has long been considered the most likely successor for Carr. Not sure how soon that would be but probably w/in 5-10 yrs.

Miles has done some quality work down at LSU and he's going to have a great recruiting base to choose from.  Louisiana is one of the best states for high school football.

So hes coached there b4?

I think he was refering to landing some good quality recruits on short notice (Ryan Perriloux, Brandon Lafell, Ricky Jean-Francios, etc.) and hiring a great staff (bringing Porter and Monken from OSU, hiring Jimbo Fischer back again, getting Pelini as DC, K. Dunbar left the Bears DL staff to coach the same at LSU, and last getting Brad Peveto from MTSU to be our special teams coach).

See that has to stop in college baseball. They have to make it as level a playing field as possible. The Huskers can't start until later on. A lot of these southern teams will have a dozen or so games before the northern teams see the field. Also because of this the southern teams don't have to play mid week games. They need to start the season a month later.

As far as baseball schedule goes, LSU opened its season this week, but there are some California teams ie Cal St. Full., Stanford, USC who started their season last week. The midwest starts later because of the temperature differences (I think). I would love to see a national opening day, but it is kind of like basketball, where better teams play in tournaments and end up with 5 to 6 more total games then anyone else.

I think LSU is headed downhill for a little bit before they rebound....if they can rebound all the way back to where they were last year.

How much of a slip do you see? Our schedule is very friendly this season:

09/03/05 - North Texas - Baton Rouge, La. - Good first game test, against a decent team.

09/10/05 - Arizona State - Baton Rouge, La. - They lost alot of talent this year, but could still put an L on us if we come out flat.

09/24/05 - Tennessee - Baton Rouge, La. - Toughest game of the season, and we have them at home.

10/01/05 - Mississippi State - Starkville, Miss. - Croom is doing good things but will still have trouble with us.

10/08/05 - Vanderbilt - Nashville, Tenn. - its Vandy.

10/15/05 - Florida - Baton Rouge, La. - Does Urban have growing pains? Also at Home with this game.

10/22/05 - Auburn - Baton Rouge, La. - Lost their million dollar backfield, QB and LBs. Also at Home.

11/05/05 - Baton Rouge, La. - will be a cupcake like UAB or Southern Miss.

11/12/05 - Alabama - Tuscaloosa, Ala. - We own the Tide in Tusca, but is our toughest road game, will be close if Croyle is healthy.

11/19/05 - Ole Miss - Oxford, Miss. - its Ole Miss.

11/26/05 - Arkansas - Baton Rouge, La.- They lost Matt Jones, start a freshman QB, should be a big time W.

I see at Most 3 losses, but we could very well go undefeated... but I will reserve my prediction for after our N. Texas game.

Yeah, but the CWS is going to get pushed back once again this year. The NCAA wants there to be a July 4th weekend championship series, but the Omaha Royals folk don't like the idea of that because it will cut into their profits. With the series being pushed back further and further, I don't see why the southern teams couldn't wait to play for a few more weeks. Heck, they get to play baseball pretty much year round in some spots so there is already that advantage.

Yeah, but the CWS is going to get pushed back once again this year. The NCAA wants there to be a July 4th weekend championship series, but the Omaha Royals folk don't like the idea of that because it will cut into their profits. With the series being pushed back further and further, I don't see why the southern teams couldn't wait to play for a few more weeks. Heck, they get to play baseball pretty much year round in some spots so there is already that advantage.

Yea, all of our players play in a Fall league, didn't know that this was just a southern thing though.

Not that you guys are dieing to know, but #2 LSU/Nichols St. game bottom of the 8th, LSU up 19-2 batting around in the 1st and 7th, pulling most starters after 4th. Offense looks primed to make a run while our pitching giving up 4 hits in 2 nights, and defense looking to have alot of depth.

Add: 14 players including all starters have scored. 11 have driven in runs.

Add: LSU scored 31 runs in 17 innings, while only giving up 3.

Miles has done some quality work down at LSU and he's going to have a great recruiting base to choose from.  Louisiana is one of the best states for high school football.

So hes coached there b4?

I think he was refering to landing some good quality recruits on short notice (Ryan Perriloux, Brandon Lafell, Ricky Jean-Francios, etc.) and hiring a great staff (bringing Porter and Monken from OSU, hiring Jimbo Fischer back again, getting Pelini as DC, K. Dunbar left the Bears DL staff to coach the same at LSU, and last getting Brad Peveto from MTSU to be our special teams coach).

See that has to stop in college baseball. They have to make it as level a playing field as possible. The Huskers can't start until later on. A lot of these southern teams will have a dozen or so games before the northern teams see the field. Also because of this the southern teams don't have to play mid week games. They need to start the season a month later.

Eric, Texas has played 5 games so far, Stanford and Cal. St. Full. has played 7 games, LSU has played 3 to after this weekend... thats 3 conferences that have started earlier than everyone else, plus there is a tournament being held at aTm. Don't know why Nebraska doesn't start as early as others.

Eric, Texas has played 5 games so far, Stanford and Cal. St. Full. has played 7 games, LSU has played 3 to after this weekend... thats 3 conferences that have started earlier than everyone else, plus there is a tournament being held at aTm. Don't know why Nebraska doesn't start as early as others.

It's hard to play ball with a half a foot of snow on the ground. ;)

So hes coached there b4?

The Huskers can't get out on to the field until late. Plus it costs money to travel.

Just finished up in Hawaii went 5-0...