Kody Spano

Would be foolish not to in my eyes.

They guy is a very good and smart player. He can bust out a good run when necessary.

Give him a year to RS and you could have something pretty special there.

Agreed. What little we have heard is very positive. Seems like Spano --- and Witt and Lee --- are all looking really good. Very encouraging --- especially when you consider that Lee is sophomore, Witt a freshman, and Spano will likely be redshirted and have 4 playing years left after this season. And, Green is on the way. Lots of talent there and lots of youth. The QB position, the RB position (and maybe the OL?) are two(three) places where the immediate and even semi-long range prognosis is really good. I'm also thinking that the secondary with Amukamura, West, Blue, Thenarse, Leverson, Culbert, Dennard, PJ Smith etc. --- all young now can (and will) develop into a solid group (they are inexperienced and the real quality play from the group may be a while away, but still).

Would be foolish not to in my eyes.

They guy is a very good and smart player. He can bust out a good run when necessary.

Give him a year to RS and you could have something pretty special there.

Ya but what will happen to Kody Spano once Cody Green comes to Lincoln? Now that's the question we should be asking ourselves

That is a very interesting point. Depth creates position battles that will push a player to another level.

Im glad that they are both around aswell as Witt who has a moxy about him and Lee who is a VERY gifted young man if he can get it together.

Hard to say we are "Loaded " at that position but it looks damn good.

This team appears to be stacked at QB heading forward. Took a while, but this is the depth what's his name was trying to build up at the QB position.

Thank you for not saying his name.............Now I don't have to go to my second job drunk

I don't ever want to hear that name on this message board ever again <_<

Ya but what will happen to Kody Spano once Cody Green comes to Lincoln? Now that's the question we should be asking ourselves

Spano will be light years ahead of Green in the passing game. Green might get a look in dual QB situation like Periloux or Tibeau initially, but apparently needs some work to be a real dual threat on the collegiate level.

Can RS play for the scout team? Spano would very useful in helping to simulate some of the offense Nebraska will be facing.

now.........if we had as much "potential" talent at LB and DB......i would feel even better. LB especially, has me worried.

Hunter --- you and I seem cut from the same cloth (which I hope is not an insult for you!). Anyway... yes LB seems really, really problematic. We need speed at the OLB positions and wow it does not seem to be there. Depth too is an issue. And there does not seem to be much coming up off of redshirt years to help.

It seems to me that some of the RB athleticism we have that has three or four years left could potentially switch to OLB and get some athleticism out there. Guys like Lester Ward, Collins Okafor, Quentin Castille? Somebody who is not a 4.8 guy needs to be at the OLB position.

Can't say I completely agree with you on the future quality at LB. Finding the right guys this year could get a bit ugly. But with guys like Compton, Sean Fisher, Alonzo Whaley; and any number of guys playing other defensive positions. Don't forget about Kyler Reed, not sure where he'll play, but if anyone can find the right group it's Bo & Co. It will just take time to find what we really have. Other than some pretty decent athletes.

Hard to tell what our LB situation will look like in a few years. I just hope we can get this group on track, and quick!

Can't say I completely agree with you on the future quality at LB. Finding the right guys this year could get a bit ugly. But with guys like Compton, Sean Fisher, Alonzo Whaley; and any number of guys playing other defensive positions. Don't forget about Kyler Reed, not sure where he'll play, but if anyone can find the right group it's Bo & Co. It will just take time to find what we really have. Other than some pretty decent athletes.

Hard to tell what our LB situation will look like in a few years. I just hope we can get this group on track, and quick!

dont forget about latravis washington, blake lawerence, and austin stafford.....

I think we will have the athletes... they will just be young. I think if our vets arent performing by midseason they will be sitting and the young guys will be playing. that doesnt do us much good right for the 1st half of the season though

now.........if we had as much "potential" talent at LB and DB......i would feel even better. LB especially, has me worried.

Hunter --- you and I seem cut from the same cloth (which I hope is not an insult for you!). Anyway... yes LB seems really, really problematic. We need speed at the OLB positions and wow it does not seem to be there. Depth too is an issue. And there does not seem to be much coming up off of redshirt years to help.

It seems to me that some of the RB athleticism we have that has three or four years left could potentially switch to OLB and get some athleticism out there. Guys like Lester Ward, Collins Okafor, Quentin Castille? Somebody who is not a 4.8 guy needs to be at the OLB position.

not a problem, we just see the same things.......we need some real athletic LB's and a couple damn good TE's......those are important positions i don't see filled as yet.......we'll see.