Cy's Big Week Is Finally Here!

That's right...the best week of the year is upon us!

1. Monday...My kid finally gets to put the pads back on in his youth football league and try to live up to all the shooting off of the mouth he has been doing since last season. Following in the footsteps of his idol Brian Bozworth (complete down to the mullet), the kid has average talent but fantastic self-promotion skills. Monday, he gets to find out exactly how it feels to get pounded into the earth by kids who outweigh him by about 50 pounds who were the victim of his boasts and taunts. To be fair, today I worked with him on a couple of blocking techniques that the coaches probably won't be highlighting...the hidden solarplexis punch and the forearm smash to the chin. I told him that they weren't exactly sporting and to try to limit his use of them but to go ahead and try them out in practice....wonder how many punishment laps he'll be doing. :lol:

2. Thursday...Iowa State has the great honor of kicking off the season with their home opener against the mighty South Dakota State Jackrabbits. I'm all set...got my funny little hat and everything... I've already informed everyone that this is going to be a thrashing but...hedging my bets...didn't exactly say who would be doing the thrashing. I'm pretty sure that it will be ISU but...this is ISU we're talking about here so I'm not betting the farm. They gave me one of the stupid I-Beam hats to wear during the game. I've already given it to one of dads from the youth league. Cy is wearing the Cy hat.... :angry:

3. Friday...High school football opener with two of Iowa's best teams...West Des Moines Valley and Dowling Catholic...kicking off about two blocks from my house. Always an excellent game and, since I don't have kids at either school anymore, I don't care who wins and can enjoy the game. Best thing about it is that I don't even have to pay to get in. I just take my kid to the elementary school up the hill where he plays on all the playground stuff while I sit on the hill and drink beer and watch the game from there. I can see most of the field (which is nicer than a lot of college stadiums) from there, get drunk and piss on a tree without having to wait in line to get into the restroom. What could be better?

4. Saturday...Hmmm...can't remember what it is that is going on so it must not be important... :clap

Oh yeah! Saturday is the Nebraska game! The one I've been waiting for since last December! The one that justifies all the crap I've taken since last winter (except from Iowa Hawkeye fans who have finally realized they have no QB and little talent elsewhere...stangely, they have all shut up for the time being)

Anyway...just thought I'd tell everyone Good Luck with the new season (even the MU and KU fans...though not with any sincerity) and hope everyone does well (except MU and KU...and I am sincere about that)...and remember...after Thusday, my Cyclones will be the only undefeated team in the Big 12...for a whole day anyway.... <_<

Cy, I graduated from Valley - hope Dowling wins. I had a horrible senior year at Valley, and have always wished I could say I graduated from Omaha Central - were I spent most of my high school career.

And if ISU wins thursday, they will be undefeated only because no other Big 12 team will have played. Interesting way to think about it. But, good luck, gotta watch out for those jackrabbits.

That's right...the best week of the year is upon us!

1. Monday...My kid finally gets to put the pads back on in his youth football league and try to live up to all the shooting off of the mouth he has been doing since last season. Following in the footsteps of his idol Brian Bozworth (complete down to the mullet), the kid has average talent but fantastic self-promotion skills. Monday, he gets to find out exactly how it feels to get pounded into the earth by kids who outweigh him by about 50 pounds who were the victim of his boasts and taunts. To be fair, today I worked with him on a couple of blocking techniques that the coaches probably won't be highlighting...the hidden solarplexis punch and the forearm smash to the chin. I told him that they weren't exactly sporting and to try to limit his use of them but to go ahead and try them out in practice....wonder how many punishment laps he'll be doing. :lol:

2. Thursday...Iowa State has the great honor of kicking off the season with their home opener against the mighty South Dakota State Jackrabbits. I'm all set...got my funny little hat and everything... I've already informed everyone that this is going to be a thrashing but...hedging my bets...didn't exactly say who would be doing the thrashing. I'm pretty sure that it will be ISU but...this is ISU we're talking about here so I'm not betting the farm. They gave me one of the stupid I-Beam hats to wear during the game. I've already given it to one of dads from the youth league. Cy is wearing the Cy hat.... :angry:

3. Friday...High school football opener with two of Iowa's best teams...West Des Moines Valley and Dowling Catholic...kicking off about two blocks from my house. Always an excellent game and, since I don't have kids at either school anymore, I don't care who wins and can enjoy the game. Best thing about it is that I don't even have to pay to get in. I just take my kid to the elementary school up the hill where he plays on all the playground stuff while I sit on the hill and drink beer and watch the game from there. I can see most of the field (which is nicer than a lot of college stadiums) from there, get drunk and piss on a tree without having to wait in line to get into the restroom. What could be better?

4. Saturday...Hmmm...can't remember what it is that is going on so it must not be important... :clap

Oh yeah! Saturday is the Nebraska game! The one I've been waiting for since last December! The one that justifies all the crap I've taken since last winter (except from Iowa Hawkeye fans who have finally realized they have no QB and little talent elsewhere...stangely, they have all shut up for the time being)

Anyway...just thought I'd tell everyone Good Luck with the new season (even the MU and KU fans...though not with any sincerity) and hope everyone does well (except MU and KU...and I am sincere about that)...and remember...after Thusday, my Cyclones will be the only undefeated team in the Big 12...for a whole day anyway.... <_<

CY,

You do not fool me, I know you like me and my Tigers!!! :)

In all seriousness, good luck to ISU, NU this weekend. I want the B12 North to dominate.