ESPN has Five burning questions for the Cornhuskers

What I am saying 49 is that we play 5 very good teams this year. The two toughest on the road. The only saving grace on that is they play later in the season. I would be even more concerned if Texas Tech and Oklahoma wer are first two conference games. Or earlier. I truly expect butt whippings at both.

I will admit you are right about Texas, just seems to be something there, they just have our number.

I think there's no question we lose to OU. They won't do anything fancy. They'll just do to us what we used to do to everyone by running the ball, wearing us down on D, and completely stopping our offense in its track. I think the game will be low scoring somewhere around the 30-3 or something like that. TT will be an interesting game. We'll either get blown out of the water, or we'll frustrate them with our ball control and the game will be decided in the 4th quarter. I think more answers will come when we see how we fare this weekend and how Mizzou fares against Illinois and how KU fares against South Florida.

As stated before, Pelini could not beat a talented team when he was here before, and I turly believe he had a boat load more talent than he has now. He was not dealing with a team that quit. And he only faced two that were better and lost to one that was not. NO way he wins against Texas Tech and Oklahoma, and most likely Missouri. Kansas and VaTech are possible I think.

Well..what you say may be true but Pelini wasn't the HC last time he was here either...however, based on the performance of the D compared to prior and post Pelini teams, you have to admit that he was an impact type of guy when you compare the stats (here's a perspective from two years before and two years after for comparison)

226 Points Allowed

17 points per game

0 Shut Outs

5 Games opponent held to one score

335 Points Allowed

24 points per game

0 Shut Outs

1 Games opponent held to one score

188 Points Allowed

14 points per game

2 Shut Outs

4 Games opponent held to one score

298 Points Allowed

27 points per game

0 Shut Outs

2 Games opponent held to one score

252 Points Allowed

21 points per game

0 Shut Outs

4 Games opponent held to one score

2003 was also the first (and last time) Nebraska kept the Points Allowed total under 200 since 1999. So, say what you want about Pelini but I see a 10-13 drop in opponent scoring productivity during the year he ran the defense compared to the previous and next year (which featured a lot of the same players that were there in 2003). An inspired coaching staff can make a LOT of difference no matter who you play.

I think there's no question we lose to OU. They won't do anything fancy. They'll just do to us what we used to do to everyone by running the ball, wearing us down on D, and completely stopping our offense in its track. I think the game will be low scoring somewhere around the 30-3 or something like that. TT will be an interesting game. We'll either get blown out of the water, or we'll frustrate them with our ball control and the game will be decided in the 4th quarter. I think more answers will come when we see how we fare this weekend and how Mizzou fares against Illinois and how KU fares against South Florida.

just like how we saw we'd fare last season against Nevada.......

apples and oranges

teams played varies year to year

where they play varies year to year

players on each team vary year to year

stats are fun. but mostly useless.

All will be known as the season unfolds.

No one has played a down yet in a real game.

GO BO!!

BEAT THE BRONCOS!!

dedhoarse

apples and oranges

teams played varies year to year

where they play varies year to year

players on each team vary year to year

stats are fun. but mostly useless.

All will be known as the season unfolds.

No one has played a down yet in a real game.

GO BO!!

BEAT THE BRONCOS!!

dedhoarse

stats are actually not useless at all.....

but thats a different conversation for a different day different place....

In the context of this thread.... "mostly useless". especially when comparing teams and team records across a span of years.

There are exceptions for most things

...as applied to production output in manufacturing, or number of people in a city...

can be very useful. :cheers

all things in context.

GO BO!!

BEAT THE BRONCOS!!

In the context of this thread.... "mostly useless". especially when comparing teams and team records across a span of years.

There are exceptions for most things

...as applied to production output in manufacturing, or number of people in a city...

can be very useful. :cheers

all things in context.

GO BO!!

BEAT THE BRONCOS!!

I was going to say something about breasts here...but I already said "breasts" in another thread... <_<

Cy,

Everyone keeps overlooking the facts. Yes we did well against the low level team, but when we faced real talent, his defense got worked and worked bad. He went bezerk after the KState game.

We face 5 teams this year that have talent. He lost two games last year to equal or lesser talent last year. He is great coach, but he can not work miracles, and that is what it will take for this team to better an 8-4 record, my hopes are 7-5 but I am very concerned about Iowa State Duh I mean Colorado. :clap