Just got back from Lincoln............

I just got back from Lincoln about 30 minutes ago and thought I would share my experience and observations. We got into Lincoln at around Noon or so not bad considering I got to Lincoln from Des Moines in 2 1/2 hours! My wife and I beat the traffic there so that was definately nice compared to my other experiences coming into Lincoln. We met up with her cousins who live in Firth at Lazlo's and had a nice lunch there, good food! We decided to try and experience some new things and go to the pavilion and screw around on the outdoor activities they have there with the wife's cousin and his son. I actually won a t-shirt on the free throw event........lol I know I'm retarded.

As we were walking around the southside of the stadium to get to the eastside of the stadium we noticed one of the gates were open, like they always are, and my wife's cousin said hey lets go down there. Next thing you know I'm actually standing on the N in the south endzone getting my picture taken with the wife and no one is saying anything to us! If I would've been thinking I would've ran to the 50 and had the picture taken on that N instead. Then we went over by the locker room and her cousin asks the usher blocking the door if we could take a picture of the horseshoe and actually touch it. The usher had no problem with this and let us.....................at this point I really started to fly on cloud 9. We tried to push our luck and see if we could go to the doors of the locker room and he decided that wasn't going to happen so we left. As we were walking back on the red carpet by the tunnel doors we noticed a bunch of cheerleaders walking through the tunnel. My wife's cousin immediately asks if he could take my picture with them and they said sure. So I have a sweet picture with the cheerleaders now and the wife is just shaking her head lol. I couldn't believe people were just allowing us to walk around and not saying a word. I guess that's a sign of the new athletic directors feelings towards the fans because I guarantee if I tried that last season I would've got my a$$ removed from the area.

The game was a nice game to go to with perfect weather. I really liked how the tunnel walk was more towards our traditions, but was also a little disappointed with it. I would've liked to hear more music for the defense when they came out on the field to help the fans get into a little bit more. I'm sure as the season goes on this will change though. The defense definately played with fire and that was nice to see again. Cody Glenn was a freakin stud! That guy played lights out even though he made a few mistakes here and there. Our defensive line played well at times, but at other times it was like they couldn't get any pressure on their QB. The few times we blitzed they made us pay for it by getting some long pass plays off, but I guess that's to be expected. The secondary definately has some improving to do, but I realize some of those guys are young. Our defense will get better as the season goes on that's nice to say.

Special teams played fairly well and I love how we can kick 44 yard plus field goals again. Niles Paul seems like he will be a good returner and I loved the stiff arm he gave the Western Michigan guy on one of the punts. Our offense played well, but Lucky was unimpressive to me with his running skills, but he still played fairly well. Roy Helu is going to be a fantastic running back and has an extra gear when you need it. The offense slowed down some in the 2nd half and I would've liked to see better clock mgmt by running the ball a little more towards the end.

All in all it was a pretty good first game considering what this team has gone through and I think they will get much better as the season goes on. I read in the Lincoln Journal Star this morning that Barry Turner has been quoted as saying he has never been in a brotherhood like this team is in right now. He said something to the effect that they are playing for one another and love one another so much. Sorry for the long post just wanted to share my thoughts and experiences with you all.

I agree with you with the freedom the fans have now compared to what we had last year.....it's like our freedom as fans was taken away and now today we won our indepence again. I remember going skiing in Colorado back when I was in 5th grade and coming home we stopped in Lincoln and got to walk on the turf and image as though we were playing football.

I'm glad that you had a great time and a safe drive as well. I'm a little jealous that you got to experience all of this in person while I had to watch it on TV.

I must be watching a totally different game than everyone else, because I thought Lucky did just fine with what little he was given. And that goes for Helu and Castille, too.

I agree Ebyl, Lucky did fine. I was impressed with how Lucky shot through that hole so quickly on his TD run.

But, anyway, that's pretty awesome BRI. Memories that will last a lifetime, for sure.

That's great that you got on the field!

I think we walked by the exact same entrance last year and could see the field only a few feet away. But the woman watching the gate said we weren't allowed on there when we asked. And there was no walking by her because it was obvious her only job was to prevent people from going on the turf. And this was HOURS before the game was to start. In fact, I don't think anyone was even in the stadium by then.

I must be watching a totally different game than everyone else, because I thought Lucky did just fine with what little he was given. And that goes for Helu and Castille, too.

Watching him at the game he still wasn't hitting the holes very hard and fast. Now he did let the plays develop a few times which WAS good. However, there were times when he was tap dancing behind the line and not just getting through the hole.

I agree Ebyl, Lucky did fine. I was impressed with how Lucky shot through that hole so quickly on his TD run.

But, anyway, that's pretty awesome BRI. Memories that will last a lifetime, for sure.

I also agree, two years ago, he wouldn't have had that much patience to wait for the blockers on his TD run, but I guess how ppl might say he didn't play good, just because of the expectations of him and the running game. But for some reason none of the RBs really got going, they each had a run here and there though.

Anyways good story BRI

Watching him at the game he still wasn't hitting the holes very hard and fast. Now he did let the plays develop a few times which WAS good. However, there were times when he was tap dancing behind the line and not just getting through the hole.

Sorry, but I just don't see anything to complain about with Lucky's running. It's not like the O-line was totally dominating and giving the backs consistently great holes and seams. He seems to get sh#t on quite a bit even when he runs just as well as the other backs.

Sorry, but I just don't see anything to complain about with Lucky's running. It's not like the O-line was totally dominating and giving the backs consistently great holes and seams. He seems to get sh#t on quite a bit even when he runs just as well as the other backs.

I'm one of the guys who usually sticks up for him when everyone else is ragging on him so I can agree with that portion of it. Your right about the O-Line not getting much push and when you look at it no one really got going in the running game.

What hole? From what I saw, there wasn't much room for any of those guys to run...