Don't Turn On Bo

We might lose this game last year. This year we win and hold a spread offense to 1 touchdown and 2 field goals. This team is coming of a 5-7 season

Not much you can do as a coach when its the players on defense who SUCK.

The offensive talent is not stellar either. This is exactly as many of us predicted --- a team with mid-conference level talent. Bo can only do so much.

This will play out over time and I think Bo will prove to be a good coach. But this year do not expect much. As I said long before the season began --- 6 or 7 wins will be a reasonable number. No more. Hopefully no less. The B12 is tough --- and we do not have the talent to compete with Texas, Texas tech, Oklahoma, or Missouri and are likly slightly below Kansas and Colorado and maybe Okie State too (though we should be able to compete with them, maybe win, maybe not). We are a mid-conference program now. OK... a mid conference program with a great history.

Lower your expectations folks. We'll be better than last year --- but the record will not be much better.

Sorry but there is no way in HELL that our talent is inferior to Colorado and KU!

I did not say inferior to these two (inferior to Texas, TTech, Missouri, and Oklahoma --- that I said). I said comparable to and likely slightly behind KU and Colorado. And yes that is, tough as it is to hear, true. Time will tell. But it will be shown that the NU talent is nowhere near where most on this board think it is.

I don't think anybody wants to 'turn on Bo,' but those guys didn't look ready to play today, and part of that falls on the coaches. The D gave up too many big-yardage plays and the offense sputtered. Nobody is sounding alarms or looking for a new coach after one game (or one season, for that matter). But those penalties and the utter lack of a run game are items which are MAJOR causes for alarm.

Were looking at 2-0 and it's a winning season so far!

Why turn on Bo? Nebraska is learning from their mistakes and will keep getting better. A win is a win too.

Imagine if we still had last years coaching staff. Nebraska pulled away in the 4th. How many years did Osborne do just that? The Cornhusker Players are proving that they are a team with heart. They could have rolled over and died and allowed them to take the lead in the 4th, but the Huskers held them to 3 and on the kickoff, it was taken back for a TD. If you look at Overall yards, (Kickoff for TD, Suh's interception) Nebraska is the leader.

^^^GOOD POINT^^^ gthogan

We have the talent to compete. I'm more afraid that the talent we have just doesn't have the killer instinct it takes to go out week after week and JUST play ball!!!

It's simple, do what the coach tells you. And do it at 100mph!!!! Quite making excuses for them, the PLAYERS need to step up and play every game like it's their last!

Sooooo, how many more years are we going to have to hear that we don't have the talent to win here. This will be the fifth year in a row we've heard that.

Anyone see what Nick Saban is doing at Alabama in his SECOND year?

Yeah, because recruiting at Alabama with a proven HC like Nick Saban is the same as recruiting at Nebraska with an unproven HC like Bo Pelini...

Last I checked Bama beat Tulsa 20-6. Clemson was ridiculously overrated to start the year. They went 9-4 (5-3 in the ACC) last year and barely beat any quality teams. Nick Saban himself has told the fans and players to not expect a team that will dominate this year.

Hell we scored in ways I havent seen the huskers score in years.... Kick return and a D-LINEMAN running back a INT.... I mean did cally even put guys back on Kick return that could run???

[/quote

i can agree with that! you can tell there has been some work done on tip drills and special teams..never would have happened with Clownahan running the show!