Anybody else doubting Cotton?

husker4

I have complete trust in all of our coaching staff, and see great improvements everywhere but the O-Line. Cotton has never really proved himself as a great coach, has he? I mean, he coached high school recently. With the guys that we have and the RB's behind them this OL should be producing much more.

Unbelieveable.

Some just do not understand where we are. We had a very bad Oline last year, it was obvious in the SC and Missouri game. We are seeing what we have to work with. Where some got the idea we had a great O line and had depth, has trouble me since day one.

We have a below average line with below average talent for depth.

This is the exact krap some of us have been talking about. Not winning like some have expected, still winning I might add, but expecting to look like the 90 type teams. This is the preasure that this program or coaching staff does not need. Unrealistic is the word.

Give this staff the time to get the level of athelete they need.

7-5 is where we are headed, and it will not be pretty at times. But expecting this to be a NC type line was never anything I could comprehend. How some do is beyond me.

Give this staff the time it needs. It is a great staff, and the ones Bo wanted. When you question his staff you question is ability, remember that.

Like I said, I understand this is a rebuilding year and I trust Bo's staff 100%. I just worry a bit about Cotton, because he's never really proven himself as a good coach... I don't know I guess we'll find out.

:bang

Prove yourself as a good fan, supportive of your team, and give them a chance to get this whole thing worked out. If there are changes that need to be made in the coming seasons, I am sure Dr. Tom will see to it that they are made. This coaching staff is basically working with players that were brought in by the previous administration, and have not had a real chance to work with them under game conditions.

I don't want to see this thing start progressing like it did with BC...so lets just get off this kick of going after coaches. This is Bo's staff, he should do the hiring and firing as he sees fit. When you as a fan start signing the actual paychecks of the coaches, then maybe they will give you the authority to hire and fire them. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Bo's job basically hinges on the performance of not only himself, but his coaches. I am sure if he didn't think someone could do the job, he would get him replaced pronto. So...let's just back off.

Unbelieveable.

Some just do not understand where we are. We had a very bad Oline last year, it was obvious in the SC and Missouri game. We are seeing what we have to work with. Where some got the idea we had a great O line and had depth, has trouble me since day one.

This is the exact krap some of us have been talking about. Not winning like some have expected, still winning I might add, but expecting to look like the 90 type teams. This is the preasure that this program or coaching staff does not need. Unrealistic is the word.

7-5 is where we are headed, and it will not be pretty at times. But expecting this to be a NC type line was never anything I could comprehend. How some do is beyond me.

Give this staff the time it needs. It is a great staff, and the ones Bo wanted. When you question his staff you question is ability, remember that.

Tell me it isn't so...but I know it is probably the case, unfortunately. I just hope that when we lose, it will be to worthy team, and that we come to play with our "A" game, what ever that is that day. I didn't think we exactly got that from our team today, and I would bet that they would agree. This whole thing is a learning curve, and we are behind it unfortunately.

When you have a winning tradition like we do, it is hard to have patience...guess we are going to be schooled on the subject of patience... Wonder how many heart attacks and strokes will be attributed to his rebuilding process?

this is a very valid question. and i don't get why, when someone questions a coach and is he doing well, he gets bullied by some people.

we felt the urge to do this to busch, cosgrove, and elmassian the last few years. granted, cotton hasn't put his foot in his mouth like phil has (sacks are overrated), but this is a fair question.

this is barney's first year in this offense. he was a oc, but at the same time, he also didn't have WCO in there, just read and veer and such. watson has incorporated several of cally's plays into this year's offense.

there wasn't a whole lot of people in that box all day. it's not just one thing.

maybe something we're gonna have to live with in this season, is that the pass will have to open the run most of the time.

it's not like dennis wagner was a bad coach. the only thing that people can hold onto him is that he was a coach with bill callahan. if that's the case, nail gilmore and watson also to that pole and burn it.

Uh...it's game two. GAME f'ing TWO. At least give it until the end of the season so you can have some kind of basis to make decision like that.

:yeah I totally f'ing agree. As frustrating as some aspects of this game was, we won. We also got our reality check, and got to see just how far we have or haven't come.

Is the glass half full or half empty? I have we come very far from last year or are we in as bad a shape as we were last year? How you answer that is how you will view this season, this staff, and these players.

I can see a change in the fans compared to what we were before BC...we need to get over it, and get back behind the staff, the players, and other fans. We need to believe again...instead of looking for the reasons not to believe. I know I am probably guilty of that to a large degree. I think it is easy for all of us to be that way after what we have been through. But still, we need to take a different approach, a more positive approach, and do everything we, as fans, can do to support this team. Whether it is being positive on our approach on our comments, or yelling our asses off at the game, we need to do our part, and believe that the players and the coaches will do theirs. We also need to look for something good each week, instead of dwelling on the worst aspects of the game. It is hard, because of the tradition that we have...boy, do I ever know it is hard. But if I, personally, am going to enjoy this journey, I think I am going to have to try to look for that positive, otherwise I will drive myself nuts with all the negative that could be found.

This is only the 2nd game of the rebuilding process...hopefully we will be a lot better by the end of this season. If we are looking for a National Championship, we will be disappointed, no doubt...so let's try to keep our expectations realistic at least...so we don't go nuts and start acting like CU fans...lol.

Unbelieveable.

This post confuses me. The same o-line is back last year (minus Andy and Nicks) who all have received significant snaps. The same o-line that helped us rack up 450+ yards per game. The same o-line that allowed only 13 sacks in almost 500 pass attempts. The same one that has Slauson (All B12), Murtha (4* recruit and All B12), Hickman (All B12), Burkes (4* recruit and started as true frosh), Huff (2 year starter). I mean, c'mon -- our offensive line has as much returning talent as anyone in the conference.

And do not say we need to recruit new athletes into this program for Bo to be successful. That's just starting a cop out incase Bo does flounder. We can bash Cally all freakin' day, but there is one thing we can NEVER bash him for and that is bringing in talent to this program. If he could coach it worth a darn, the guy would still have a job.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in the category to bash Bo. I mean the guy is the one I drove myself crazy over hoping we would hire. I'm willing to give the guy a LONG leash. But lets quit making silly excuses for what our team is playing like and call a spade a spade when we see it.

Barney should be getting more out of these guys. [/story]

I think someone brought up somewhere on the radio or something that there is a bit of an issue of teaching "old dogs new tricks" across the board. Something like the coaches were saying that during the games players were often lapsing back into their previous techniques coaching wise. Like perhaps one reason Glenn looks so good is because of this, he may be making lots of mental errors but the only technique he knows is what he has learned since spring.

It's definately an area of concern on the offense. The offensive line sets the tone for the offense if you look at it. If the offensive line isn't playing well the whole offense suffers and we seen that during this last game. Granted Ganz didn't make some of the best decisions, but I'm not going to let my world end over their performance. They'll get better just give it some time............