Not concerned. And you shouldn't be either.

MVPujols

Pelini has made two things clear in his pressers this week:

1. He doesn't believe the team came out flat. He said the players came out and displayed poor fundamentals and failed to execute the game plan.

2. The coaches made virtually NO ADJUSTMENTS to their defensive gameplan throughout the game. Yes, he said that. I will look up a link to back it up if nobody else remembers reading this.

Thus I don't think the early struggles were due to a lack of desire. Nor do I think the outcome of the game was a testament to Pelini's ability to adapt in game situations.

i ould call the 3 man line defense an adjustment. and i dont recall seeing that hardly at all until the 2nd half

Correct me if I am wrong here but doesnt SJST run the spread offense which Neb has had all kinds of issues with as of late?? To me the D looked lost and confused at times which on one hand is good to see early before we open big 12 play, but on the other hand this could be bad for us against teams like Mizzu, OU, TT, cause I just dont think we have the talent yet to hang with a team running out of the spread...

The offense needs to get the running game going an thats all there is too that.. No more bs excuses pound the damn rock...

Go back and watch the game again, noting how badly missed tackles and penalties hurt us. Had we not had all those stupid mistakes, the game probably would have been a lot different. Those two issues popped up in the second game but were mostly absent in the first. I think we'll see this coming Sat. that the second game was more an anomaly than anything else.

It was a bizarre day. The defense was Jeckly and Hyde. On the one hand, the tackling was pathetic at times. They missed like 5 tackles on one play alone, er make that 5 arm takles. On the other hand, they had big times stops and sacks, too. Bo's correct that they just played lousy. On the other hand, the Defense made game changing plays plays as well, did they not? I think the team was up, but just didn't execute. Time and reps will tell.

As for the stupid penalites, yeah, that's a problem. Penalties like that come from lack of discipline. Discipline takes time to instill.

I am no more or less worried than I always am about dem Huskers. It's kids, remember.

What changed between the Mizzou game of '06 and the Mizzou game of '07? People keep talking about how NU historically sucks at defending the spread, but we completely shut down and frustrated the boogie man in '06. Was MU simply not grasping their system in '06? Or did we seriously get hurt by graduation in '07?

We had Adam Carriker and Jay Moore. Basically we had a defensive line that could get pressure on a QB, and in 07 we didnt have that.

What changed between the Mizzou game of '06 and the Mizzou game of '07? People keep talking about how NU historically sucks at defending the spread, but we completely shut down and frustrated the boogie man in '06. Was MU simply not grasping their system in '06? Or did we seriously get hurt by graduation in '07?

We had Adam Carriker and Jay Moore. Basically we had a defensive line that could get pressure on a QB, and in 07 we didnt have that.

So do you think it was strictly personnel? If Pelini continues to have problems with defending the spread, does that shed any new light on Cosgrove's struggles last season?

So do you think it was strictly personnel? If Pelini continues to have problems with defending the spread, does that shed any new light on Cosgrove's struggles last season?

Cosgroves schemes sucked. And he had a real failure with trying to motivate his players. The 06 squad had players on it that were on the 02-03 teams and I think had a bit more leadership and experience on it than the 07 team. Cosgrove couldnt adjust to the players he had once his excellent players left. A good coach knows how to adapt.

Cosgroves schemes sucked.

I think that's debatable. If it was a failure in execution, then we have insufficient information to judge whether or not the schemes were appropriate.

And he had a real failure with trying to motivate his players. The 06 squad had players on it that were on the 02-03 teams and I think had a bit more leadership and experience on it than the 07 team. Cosgrove couldnt adjust to the players he had once his excellent players left. A good coach knows how to adapt.

I agree that he either failed to recruit or develop the talent required to run his defense. I'm not sure which it was at this point. If Pelini can turn those players into an effective unit, then I think we can safely assume that the problem wasn't with the raw talent that the previous regime recruited.

I'm not really concerned at this point. As I entered the season, I was hopeful for an 8-4 season. I know think that 4-8 is fairly realistic. I think we will lose out of some key recruiting battles to OU, TX, TT, MO and KS, but we will still attract some good 3 star recruits and 1-2 four star recruits in the coming years.

If we stay the course, I believe BO will get ur dun ... it's just gonna take more years than I thought. Hopefully, we can build an off season schedule that will build our program.

It's obvious to me after the first few games of easy competition ... that fantaticism for my Huskers and the real world are certianly at clash. Like most, at present, I'm getting happy with a "W", everything else that it takes to usually get a "W" are obviously a ways off.

Mark

Lake Kiowa, TX

Moving forward.. The defense has had a decent test the first two games. They will get a tougher test this weekend. New Mexico State throws the ball as much as TexTech. QB Chase Holbrook considered entering the draft last year but decided to return for his senior year. He's a big dude (6'5 240) that connects on most of his passes. It'll be his third season as the starter. Their recievers are talented and will look to run after the catch. They've been preppie for NU prolly for two weeks now. This is something to really look forward to. All these passing teams we play before conference games begin is really good for the Huskers. I'm anxious for the kickoff & cant wait to see what happens. I'll hop over to the prediction board for my two cents.

Note: NMSU runs a 3-3-5 on defense. Few teams do this. The Huskers should have no excuse to not dominate the line of scrimmage on offense. Let the running begin.

After reading most of these threads it has become obvious that Tom screwed up with his hire and should have hired some of the Mod's off this board. They are clearly more versed in Husker football then Bo or Tom. I feel so lucky that they grace us with their infinite knowledge.

I'm concerned about the Mods safety because a "dizzturbed" fan with a scary avatar keeps bashing us. <_<

I'm not concerned about the defense at all they will be fine.

I'm not concerned about Niles Paul returing kicks.

I'm not concerned about my wife leaving me.

I'm not concerned about where I'm going when I die.

I'm not concerned about the Kicking game.

I'm not concerned about the all around play of the receivers.

I'm not concerned about where I'm going to sleep tonight or how I'm going to eat.

I'm not concerned about eating a nice bowl of Chili while watching the game on Saturday.

I'm not concerned about my kids health.

I'm not concerned about B. Pelini,Beck,Brown,Sanders,Watson,Gilmore,C. Pelini or Eckler's ability to coach.

I'm concerned about how far Joe Ganz can take this team without a running game.

I'm concerned that we only had 99 yards rushing against SJSU.

I'm concerned that the next game is on Pay-Per-View and I'm getting charged $30 for a subpar broadcast.

I'm concerned that Britney Spears dominated the VMA's.

I'm concerned that Douglas County is #1 in the nation for STD's among 15-24 year olds.

I'm concerned that one of the OL struggling is the most is the most experienced and our "best".

I'm concerned that Castille keeps fumbling the ball.

I'm concerned that my St. Bernard eats to much.

I'm concerned that Ganz still throws some bad Int's.

I'm concerned that I spend way to much time on this message board.

:koolaid2::moreinteresting:rant:wacko::dunno:clap:box:nanalama:corndance:boxosoap:bang:):LOLtartar:woo;):thumbs:nutz:cowbell::bs::blink::wub::rolleyes::frenchy:flush:cry:cheers:zoom:bounce:ban:rulez:throw:tv:point:include:1000:power:hookerhorns:leghump:eyeswear2allthatsholy:ohnoes:backtotopic:violin B) :waste:smokin:rickjames:lame:band:hornschuckleshuffle:w00t:madash:horns2:bonez

You always have to end with the Ninja :ph34r:

Cosgroves schemes sucked. And he had a real failure with trying to motivate his players. The 06 squad had players on it that were on the 02-03 teams and I think had a bit more leadership and experience on it than the 07 team. Cosgrove couldnt adjust to the players he had once his excellent players left. A good coach knows how to adapt.

The guy said himself they made NO adjustment in the game plan. He said the players just started playing better. Imagine that. The players not sucking means they win.

This is awesome.

Callahan and Co blaming players = EVIL! HOW DARE HE!

Pelini blaming players = eh, it's okay. IT'S BO BABY!!11

Pass the :koolaid2:

For the record, 90% of the time I'll blame the players. When it comes down to it, they have to make the plays. Period. I am perfectly fine with Bo saying the players f'ed up.

After reading most of these threads it has become obvious that Tom screwed up with his hire and should have hired some of the Mod's off this board. They are clearly more versed in Husker football then Bo or Tom. I feel so lucky that they grace us with their infinite knowledge.

I'm concerned about the Mods safety because a "dizzturbed" fan with a scary avatar keeps bashing us. <_<

I'm not concerned about the defense at all they will be fine.

I'm not concerned about Niles Paul returing kicks.

I'm not concerned about my wife leaving me.

I'm not concerned about where I'm going when I die.

I'm not concerned about the Kicking game.

I'm not concerned about the all around play of the receivers.

I'm not concerned about where I'm going to sleep tonight or how I'm going to eat.

I'm not concerned about eating a nice bowl of Chili while watching the game on Saturday.

I'm not concerned about my kids health.

I'm not concerned about B. Pelini,Beck,Brown,Sanders,Watson,Gilmore,C. Pelini or Eckler's ability to coach.

I'm concerned about how far Joe Ganz can take this team without a running game.

I'm concerned that we only had 99 yards rushing against SJSU.

I'm concerned that the next game is on Pay-Per-View and I'm getting charged $30 for a subpar broadcast.

I'm concerned that Britney Spears dominated the VMA's.

I'm concerned that Douglas County is #1 in the nation for STD's among 15-24 year olds.

I'm concerned that one of the OL struggling is the most is the most experienced and our "best".

I'm concerned that Castille keeps fumbling the ball.

I'm concerned that my St. Bernard eats to much.

I'm concerned that Ganz still throws some bad Int's.

I'm concerned that I spend way to much time on this message board.

:koolaid2::moreinteresting:rant:wacko::dunno:clap:box:nanalama:corndance:boxosoap:bang:):LOLtartar:woo;):thumbs:nutz:cowbell::bs::blink::wub::rolleyes::frenchy:flush:cry:cheers:zoom:bounce:ban:rulez:throw:tv:point:include:1000:power:hookerhorns:leghump:eyeswear2allthatsholy:ohnoes:backtotopic:violin B) :waste:smokin:rickjames:lame:band:hornschuckleshuffle:w00t:madash:horns2:bonez

You always have to end with the Ninja :ph34r:

C'mon man. You should know better. IF you are a mod, you don't get to have an opinion. Moreover, if you do voice your opinion you should be chastised because somehow, your name carries more weight in an argument because you are moderator.

Give me a friggin break.

BTW, I am also concerned about your St. Bernard. :nanalama

Venebles did a pretty good job of stopping Mizzou's spread. Then he didn't have as much success stopping TT's and West Virginia's spread. In the game of football, it all comes back to the team element. You have to have all 11 guys hitting on all cylinders to be your best. If there's just one break down, it can really tear up a D. Right now, our D is making too many mental errors to effectively shut down the spread. I have no idea how long this will continue. I have faith that there will be at least one game we will see the D hitting on all cylinders. Thank goodness for a soft non-conference other than VT.