The Giant Log Jam

I originally thought USF was going to break KU up, pack them in a bowl, and smoke them. However, after seeing the problems they had with UCF, I am not so sure now. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Kansas, but then again, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Kansas beat USF.

USF had a pretty solid game, but those two turnovers killed them. Defense was pretty solid, but let up in key moments of the game. This game will be close, but I think USF wins.

Can't wait to see this one though! My wife and I are having some of our friends over to watch this bad boy!

Forget Ohio St. @ USC folks. Don't believe what everyone is saying. They want you to think it will be close. It will not be close unless Ohio State hasn't been showing what they are capable of.

KU at USF is the game of the week.

I think that Arkansas might have a good shot at beating Texas.

Not a chance. Arkansas has played two games - Western Illinois and Lousiania-Monroe. The won the first game 28-24, with a desperation drive late in the 4th quarter. They won the second 28-27 with a desperation 4th down play late in the 4th quater - and then only after the Louisiania-Monroe kicker missed something like a 35-yard field goal (not sure of the distance, but it wasn't a 50 yarder).

Arkansas gets back it's number one running back - but the guy isn't that good; more of a scatback type. Arkansas' defense has been miserable, and they havn't been able to run. The passing game has saved them - and it's less than stellar.

Texas is going to kill them.

The only two I really had trouble with were the KU/USF game since there are so many quirks with it...short week, home field advantage for the Bulls but a couple of players that may or may not be available...It's one of the "You Pick Em" games...

The other one was the Iowa/Iowa State game...if they played it in Ames I would be certain of a Cyclone win...even if I had to manufacture it myself <_< but with the game in Iowa City, the only thing I can be sure of is that there will be plenty of arrests after the game....

Both of those games could go either way but I'll stick with my predictions (until proven wrong after which I will jump on the board, edit the post so it appears I was right and then brag outrageously about my football knowledge and prowess in picking winners...)

I really wish Arkansas was playing Texas with McFadden & Jones to see how that would have played out.

South Florida / UCF is a huge in-state rival game. Dont be fooled about that score.

The game against Kansas should be a good close one. The Nighttime will be alive in South Florida. Bulls win by 10.

Also rooting for ISU to make it 3-0.

Missouri (2-0) vs Nevada (1-1) – Missouri, who already has a signature win this season against Illinois should overpower Nevada. But, you can’t count Nevada completely out as their defense did give Texas Tech a run for it’s money last week

Missouri (3-0)

Missouri is too much for Nevada, though Nevada is getting better. Expect a letdown for Nevada after losing a close one to TT.

Kansas (2-0) vs University of South Florida (2-0) – I was pretty sure that USF would crush Kansas but after watching them struggle against UCF last weekend…not so sure. Kansas’ smashing victories over powerhouses Florida International and Louisiana Tech don’t tell me much about their team but neither do USF’s victories over UCF and Tennessee-Martin. I think it comes down to KU pass offense vs USF pass defense and if last weekend is any indication, Reesing and Kansas win this one.

Kansas (3-0)

You never know about the Florida schools...I don't think KU is as good as their record says.

Colorado (2-0) vs West Virginia (1-1) – Yeah, West Virginia got beat by East Carolina but I’ve seen the CU defense come out sluggish and get outperformed in the 1st half in both the CSU and East Washington game. They get things squared away in the 2nd half but, against WV that might be too late. I think Colorado lets this one get away early and can’t catch up

Colorado (2-1)

West Virginia is not going to be in a good mood at all...expect a close game, but WV will win by at least 10.

Kansas State (2-0) vs Louisville (1-1) – A toss-up between two unknowns. K-State has pounded two weaklings (North Texas and Montana State) while Louisville lost to Kentucky before getting their chance to pound Tennessee Tech. Two schools that appear to have high powered offensive weapons when pummeling cupcakes…frankly, both schools suffer from the “ho-hum” factor right now. I’ll give the nod to the home field advantage at Louisville

Kansas State (2-1)

This is one of those "who cares" games....But I take Louisville - just because of my bias against KS.

Iowa State (2-0) vs Iowa (2-0) – This is the state rivalry game so everyone in the state is pretty excited (while the rest of the nation can’t find the state on a map). Two goofy-ass teams who can’t decide who their starting QB should be so they just play both of them. ISU has a more potent offense…Iowa has a better defense. It kills me to say it but I think Iowa wins just on the fact that the game is in Iowa City and the home team has won each of the last 10 meetings

Iowa State (2-1)

I take Iowa State, just because I think the Big 10 is sliding into mediocrity.

Nebraska (2-0) vs New Mexico State (0-0) – No matter how good or how bad anyone of you think Nebraska has played this year, they HAVE played a couple of games while this is the first time NWSU has been on the field against an opponent (their first game was postponed). It sucks to be NWSU….

Nebraska (3-0)

This should be a runaway...but, this is our Nebraska Cornhuskers, and our recent history isn't so good. We still win by 8.

In the South…without going into as much depth, there are also some good match-ups

Baylor (1-1) vs Washington State (0-2) – Could be the game WSU needs after the brutal start against OK State and California….but I don’t think so.

Baylor (2-1)

Baylor who? Washington State by at least 14.

Texas (2-0) vs Arkansas (2-0) – Arkansas looks very beatable this year….

Texas (3-0)

Got to go with Texas, Arkansas isn't showing much of anything so far...maybe they will turn it around, but I think Texas will win by at least 13.

Texas Tech (2-0) vs SMU (1-1) – I long for the good old days when SMU violated all the NCAA rules in order to field a great football team…*sigh*

Texas Tech (3-0)

TT will be hungry after almost getting shown up in Nevada. I think they are going through an identity crisis not much unlike Nebraska.

Oklahoma State (2-0) vs Missouri State (0-2) – Uh…come on!

OK State (3-0)

Who's the knucklehead that scheduled this game for OSU and thought nobody would notice?

Oklahoma (2-0) vs Washington (0-2) – Geez, these schools from Washington are gluttons for punishment (see Washington State). First you have Oregon, BYU and then Oklahoma???

Oklahoma (3-0)

Oklahoma by at least 21.

Texas A&M (1-1) vs Miami of Florida (1-1) – M of F has actually been playing some good ball…just ask the Gators. A&M, on the other hand, hasn’t

Texas A&M (1-2)

Texas A&M fans are going to have a long year, I have a feeling.

Feel free to argue with any of those picks. I’ll just ignore you anyway….. <_<

Of course you will, because you are in your own little world!!

Great post Cy... :clap

Iowa State (2-0) vs Iowa (2-0) – This is the state rivalry game so everyone in the state is pretty excited (while the rest of the nation can’t find the state on a map). Two goofy-ass teams who can’t decide who their starting QB should be so they just play both of them. ISU has a more potent offense…Iowa has a better defense. It kills me to say it but I think Iowa wins just on the fact that the game is in Iowa City and the home team has won each of the last 10 meetings

Iowa State (2-1)

Cy you going to be at that game? I am going to it just for the tailgating and maybe :rollin to find cheap tickets.

Iowa State (2-1)

Cy you going to be at that game? I am going to it just for the tailgating and maybe :rollin to find cheap tickets.

I agree I just want to see ONE good game this week.

Arkansas running back being mediocre and just a scatback.................just like MARLON LUCKY.

MEDIOCRE

Let's see-

I say ksu over lullville, np.

3 wks ago I'd have said usf by 10, but now am w the J's by 7, based on their D-I'm pulling 4 the bulls though.

-TT vs SMU should be interesting since both have pass happy O's-SMU now w june jones. We should wager on who runs the LEAST!

-IA over Clones, though pulling 4 Clones.

-No amt. of pts. is too many 4 WV 2 run up on Puffs.

-and, I just feel sorry 4 Ty W., though Locker will give OU some probs.

-SC KILLS OSU! :woo

Alright Saunders45, I'll take you up on that. I'll post the KU/USF score at the bottom of my sig after the big Jayhawk Win. That will be a good reminder for all the non-mangino-believers on this board.

The Jayhawks will be too much for USF to handle. We have WAY to many weapons on offense, and the defense is rock solid.

I still have the Hawks by 13. I have laready contacted my Vegas connection and have $100 on the Hawks. I can't believe they're 3.5 point dogs. Thanks for the free money Vegas!!!

I will tell you this the tailgating at Iowa City blows anything in Lincoln away. That is what those people go on Saturdays for heck half of the people don't even go to the game and if they do a lot of them leave at the half to go back to the tailgates. If you haven't been it is a good time. Last time I was in Iowa City for a game you could get free tickets outside the staduim but that was about 5 years ago.

Don't forget about the wonderful match up this weekend between The Fighting Front Butts and Michigan. That is the game of the week or maybe South Carolina vs. Georgia.

Also Texas and Arkansas isn't happening this weekend. It has been moved to September 27th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3580979

Alright Saunders45, I'll take you up on that. I'll post the KU/USF score at the bottom of my sig after the big Jayhawk Win. That will be a good reminder for all the non-mangino-believers on this board.

The Jayhawks will be too much for USF to handle. We have WAY to many weapons on offense, and the defense is rock solid.

I still have the Hawks by 13. I have laready contacted my Vegas connection and have $100 on the Hawks. I can't believe they're 3.5 point dogs. Thanks for the free money Vegas!!!

It's going to be a good game regarless. I know the Jayhawks have a lot of confidence and this is a good "we'll prove it" game for them. And USF does have some experience against ranked non-conf opponents. Remember they beat Auburn & West Virginia early on last year so they wont be intimidated. If KU wins, it will definitely let everyone (i.e., media, fans, coaches) know that last year was only the beginning & they're here for good. So best of luck JGS30 & Jayhawk. Because it's a night game in South Florida - with the heat & the humidity and a loud atmosphere - the Bulls will prevail at home Friday night.