Hand out some Blackshirts...it is time!!

Defense gets a definite A tonight...time to hand out a few of those precious blackshirts!! Murillo definitely gets one, even with the two penalties. Potter also gets my vote, even if the one turnover was turned over. Hagg had 9 unassisted tackles...think that would qualify someone too...

Nah. It's not time. 'D' made strides this game, but the real test comes next week. And if you want to nitpick, they started soft and weren't disciplined enough at times. It's great that we came up with red zone stops, but not great that we gave them so many red zone opportunities.

I think those guys can't be rewarded yet. They need to stay hungry. A tough, focused week of practice to get ready for Tech, and if they deserve it, roll out the blackshirts on Thursday.

Nope, not yet...

If they hold Va Tech to less than 7 next week, then maybe...

Yeah, after vtech, we'll see. Great effort tonight though.

I think ideally though, you don't want to wait and see after Virginia Tech. Because then just when are you going to hand them out?

After Missouri?...Texas Tech?...

Nope, not yet...

If they hold Va Tech to less than 7 next week, then maybe...

Yeah, after vtech, we'll see. Great effort tonight though.

I think ideally though, you don't want to wait and see after Virginia Tech. Because then just when are you going to hand them out?

After Missouri?...Texas Tech?...

Good point. :)

I think Bo hands them out. The defense really was disruptive tonight. They really showed some heart when NMSU was on the 2 yd line and we were able to back them up, even after two penalties and then get the pick. They never gave up, last years defense would have rolled over and Mckeon would have layed out the red carpet for them to walk into the endzone.

I think Bo hands them out. The defense really was disruptive tonight. They really showed some heart when NMSU was on the 2 yd line and we were able to back them up, even after two penalties and then get the pick. They never gave up, last years defense would have rolled over and Mckeon would have layed out the red carpet for them to walk into the endzone.

That was total f***en BS. Two pass interference calls, total BS. I was hittin the walls. But hey the Huskers won, so. :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Looking at VT's offensive numbers today...they weren't that impressive...then GT didn't do much better. That must have been a defensive battle, or VT has a lot of problems on offense and we will take advantage of it.

Give the blackshirts out...not a lot of them...but a few, lets go into that game flying high.

Looking at VT's offensive numbers today...they weren't that impressive...then GT didn't do much better. That must have been a defensive battle, or VT has a lot of problems on offense and we will take advantage of it.

Give the blackshirts out...not a lot of them...but a few, lets go into that game flying high.

And dive bomb those hokies! :box

I think Bo will hand them out to the entire defense not just individuals. He needs to instill the team mentality, if there is one person undeserving of the Blackshirt then the entire defensive squad is undeserving. Live and die as one.

:yeah I don't even want to think about last years team anymore....it hurts too much. This team is definitely looking 10 times better, just because of their attitude. They have heart.

I agree, except go into that game flying high. Rather than go into practice in celebratory, relaxed mood. So my prediction would be that Bo will give them out to the team at the end of a tough week of practice.

I think Bo will hand them out to the entire defense not just individuals. He needs to instill the team mentality, if there is one person undeserving of the Blackshirt then the entire defensive squad is undeserving. Live and die as one.

NO!!! That was BC's mistake #1. You don't just give them out. They have to be individually earned. Otherwise we have a defensive unit that will forget what it takes to earn a blackshirt, and they will start quitting when things go bad. You have to give 110% all the time your on the field, or you don't deserve one.