Hand out some Blackshirts...it is time!!

I would hand out the Blackshirts after we beat Virginia Tech and Missouri at home but that's "IF" we beat VT and Mizzou.

I don't care how much yards Mizzou gets on us just as long as we beat them because that'll be huge for our Defense to hold Mizzou long enough for our Offense to take over to get the W.

I don't care when they get the Blackshirts. They all wear the same color to the games anyway, and the GAMES are the only thing that matters.

What if they play well against Mizzou and get the Shirts, then go out the next week at get slaughtered by Tech? Is Pelini just going to be giving and taking away practice jerseys all season? How big a distraction would that be for the team?

The defense will get the "Blackshirts" when they deserve them, and they don't yet. Three creampuffs do not a Blackshirt make, and Bo knows this.

If Nebraska can beat V.T and........ win or lose, put up a respectable showing against Missouri.........then I feel they deserve them.

But Bo will give'em out when HE thinks they're ready. I'm pretty sure he don't give a damn what we think............and that's a good thing.

I'm generally echoing everyone else here but Bo needs to hand them out either now or after VT. Something tells me our defense won't feel like they deserve blackshirts after playing Missouri and Texas Tech. Also, he won't want to go the whole season without them.

On a totally unrelated note, I would like to say hats off to Zac Bowman for handing his in last year. I still can't believe he was benched- he was far and away our best defensive player last year.

I'm generally echoing everyone else here but Bo needs to hand them out either now or after VT. Something tells me our defense won't feel like they deserve blackshirts after playing Missouri and Texas Tech. Also, he won't want to go the whole season without them.

On a totally unrelated note, I would like to say hats off to Zac Bowman for handing his in last year. I still can't believe he was benched- he was far and away our best defensive player last year.

Yeah. Now, next week, or never.

I think the coaches should continue to use them as motivational tools, but it's getting to the point where they need to just hand them out and challenge the players to uphold the tradition. It's not like blackshirts don't lose. They just hit hard and never give up. Hand them out after practice next week if they've been putting in the time and effort that's expected of them. I bet the players will respond positively on the field.

I think that the guys need to realize that they play for a team that used to have defenses that made men like peyton manning buckle and cry like a school girl. I know guys that earned blackshirts in the 90's and they told me that coaches Osborne and McBride had to call practices over early because the guys were playing too physical and they didn't want our guys hurting our own guys. We need to have a unit of assassins so aggressive and violent on that field that NOBODY wants to share that field with them. These men need to be tenacious and have a killer instinct like the units of the 90's. Guys like Wistrom and Peter and Tomich and Vanden Bosch need to give these guys a lesson on what it is to BE a blackshirt. There should be no doubt that this defensive unit is a brotherhood of the most bad @#$ dudes that walk the earth.

I want to see some crushing hits and more guys flying around the ball before they're "rewarded" with the blackshirt. I forgot who said it but that blackshirt should be like a ranger tabs or the SEAL trident.... only handed out to those deserving to wear it

:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box

BRING ON TECH... :rant