So...did this team finally turn the corner?

Reading this article on Journal Star, it sounds like these guys were playing lights out football all night. Do you guys think this team finally turned the corner and is finding it's stride?

Discuss

Some highlights from the article by the way:

The O-line seemed bolstered by the return of Murtha who, after missing the first two games because of an infection in his leg, looked mean and ready to play again.

During one nifty 58-yard run by Lucky in the third quarter, Murtha kicked the helmet that had fallen off a New Mexico State player he had just pancaked.

“I booted his helmet, acted like I tripped on it,” Murtha admitted with a smile. “You don’t want to go out there and do stupid things, and make stupid mistakes, but going out there and playing relentless… that’s definitely part of the play we like.”

And congrats to Ganz:

The next play brought some more highlight material, as Lucky took a pitch, then threw back across the field to a wide-open Ganz for a touchdown. That made it 14-0 and obvious as to the direction the game was headed.

Ganz said Lucky had misfired when the team practiced the play twice this week. But Saturday?

“It was perfect. He hit me right in stride,” Ganz said. “He’s just money when you turn on the lights.”

There’d be more delight for the 84,821 fans when Ganz scored again five minutes later on a 33-yard option run. Ganz became just the third Husker to score rushing, receiving and passing in a single game, joining Eric Crouch and Johnny Rodgers.

“Those guys aren’t bad company, I guess,” Ganz said of the former Heisman Trophy winners.

And finally....

“We’re starting to understand that we will play the way we practice,” Ganz said. “We came out with great intensity and preparation this week, and it showed today. We’re starting to get it.”

did they turn the corner?? ask me again after the 5th game.....the answer you are looking for can't be provided until we play VT and MU.

we don't HAVE to win either game, to have made progress, but we do have to be "in" each game, all the way to the end........

:yeah

But yesterday was a real confidence builder for our defense, which we needed badly.

did they turn the corner?? ask me again after the 5th game.....the answer you are looking for can't be provided until we play VT and MU.

we don't HAVE to win either game, to have made progress, but we do have to be "in" each game, all the way to the end........

Yup,exactly. This was our best game vs our weakest oppt. We beat VT @ I'm feelin' gud about things...I think we will 2.

GBR! :bonez

Improvement is evident. Turned the corner? Go beat V-Tech and I'll say you've turned the corner. I said before the season that Nebraska would beat Virginia Tech. I think you match up very well with the Hokies.

I wouldn't use Missouri as a measuring stick this year. Theire offense looks to be unstoppable. Just keep that game respectable and be happy. (I hate saying that because I can't stand MU. However, that offense looks better than last year).

Personally I won't know until we play VT or Mizzou and see where we line up at. Mizzou and OU will probably be the best teams we play all season so that's a definate measure stick.

too early to say. lot of the best defense was in 2nd half after NM began playing a true freshman at center......that was awful tough for that kid, sacks, bats, and penalties all started after they lost thier starting center.

depth for NM played a role in our performance.

Missuri has plenty of depth, as do most of our B12 opponents. VT is young, we wont know much until after MO>imho

I guess we're the glass half empty people. Again we are 3-0, but we could very well be 3-3 after the next three.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "turned the corner".

In my eyes, yes the team has turned the corner, because the passion, effort, and fundamentals are back. They're not going to lose those, and the team should continue to improve throughout the season and following years.

If a person is basing "turned the corner" on big wins, national prominence, or showings against top teams, then no we haven't, because we haven't done any of those things.