Handing out BlackShirts???

IceMan

Two ways we could think about this!

1. If I was of old Blackshirt Era (lets say Jason Peters) I would laugh and say lets see you beat some top 25 teams first!!

2. Or Bo could strategically hand them out now and Launch the Defense into the VT game and clean house! And have a great spring board for Missouri game!

I guess it depends how coveted Bo thinks these blackshirts are!

Either way I'll back Bo's decision

I think there were at least 4 players that should be considered for one. After sleeping on it, I wouldn't mind seeing two handed out...Hagg and Murillo. One on the line, and one in the backfield...

Hagg had 10 tackles, 9 unassisted.

Murillo was in on it seemed like every passing play.

Zach Potter and Prince Amukamara had good games too. But I don't want to see the blackshirts just handed out like candy like BC did. The whole defensive unit should not have them like in previous years. It should be something that you have to work for, and the guys that have them should be looked up to by the rest of the team.

Both did a great job...in fact, there was a lot of good work done on Defense. As a whole, I would probably give them an A- or B+. Got to work on penalties, but don't want to lose that aggressiveness. It is nice to see again.

Blackshirts should be handed out as a team. If the TEAM plays well, then hand them out.

Agreed. They should be given to the starting unit, but not untill they prove that week in and week out they can play with the intensity and effectiveness worthy of being called a 'blackshirt'. No doubt it was a great performance, but one solid game does not a blackshirt make. I've noticed Carl wears a black shirt on game day though.

i have always thought they should be awarded individually, not given to the whole defense....makes more sense to reward only the top achievers.

The only problem you may run into there is a team moral issue and some jealousy. I understand what your saying I'm just citing and issue that may arrise. I'm not concerned with when Pelini hands them out. I trust his decision and I want it to mean something again.

Blackshirts should be handed out as a team. If the TEAM plays well, then hand them out.

Agreed. They should be given to the starting unit, but not untill they prove that week in and week out they can play with the intensity and effectiveness worthy of being called a 'blackshirt'. No doubt it was a great performance, but one solid game does not a blackshirt make. I've noticed Carl wears a black shirt on game day though.

It's so the defense can find him for defensive signals.

It's so the defense can find him for defensive signals.

Aahhhh, never thought of that, good point. It's still sorta cool though, no matter what the reason.

2. Or Bo could strategically hand them out now and Launch the Defense into the VT game and clean house! And have a great spring board for Missouri game!

Oh sh&t! Hand em out the Friday of game weekend and then have a Back in Black :horns2 montage of Huskers f-ing killin' teams before the tunnel walk. The crowd will be f'ing nuts. :clap

And of course we'll need a b******* too. :sarcasm

I think Bo could use them in a motivational way. Just an idea: right before the VT game tell them that if they want their Blackshirts then they need to shut down VT. If they do that and we win, hand them out before the Mizzou game and get these kids pumped up to face probably the best offense they will face all year and maybe they come out inspired and shock the world and beat MU. Just a thought.

Agree w 'Skull @ Bones'--post 5. Needs 2 b as UNIT, plus if u do it after a cupcake like NMSU it sends the wrong msg.

Looks like they r starting 2 resemble BLACKSHIRTS though.

:bonez

Exactly! Award them after a "cupcake team"?? WTF

i have always thought they should be awarded individually, not given to the whole defense....makes more sense to reward only the top achievers.

There's no 'I' in TEAM! Give them 2 the top 11, then 2 subs who r kickin' ass... :yeah

And who was it that said "you only give them to the First String Defense" 'Grant Wistrom'? Everyone on Defense would work thier A$$ off to get that First String Black shirt!