9-3 starting to look real

MNBIGRED

6-6 or 7-5 seems likely to me.

nothing has changed in my expectations, maybe if the three games were 60+ points to 7 points or less...

but ...

The huskers haven't played anyone yet folks, #85, #93 and #109 .....

Anyone surprised that they beat three creampuffs at HOME??

Anyone?

We'll know more after vaTech and Mizzou.

The season starts soon.

GO BO!!

I really wanna knwo what 6 games you have us losing?

Mizzou/TTech/OU .... Sure.. I think we will lose all 3

Kansas/VaTech - Both winable as neither team is that impressive as of now... I see 1 out of 2

Iowa state? Baylor? Colorado? ..... Riiiight. I see all three as wins.. easily, CU especially as its late in the season and we should be rolling by then.

Give me a break.

I see at best 9-3 and most likely a 8-4 because I do beleive we will beat either vaTech or KS.

nothing has changed in my expectations, maybe if the three games were 60+ points to 7 points or less...

but ...

Anyone?

The season starts soon.

GO BO!!

Kansas/VaTech - Both winable as neither team is that impressive as of now... I see 1 out of 2

Iowa state? Baylor? Colorado? ..... Riiiight.

Give me a break.

I see at best 9-3 and most likely a 8-4 because I do beleive we will beat either vaTech or KS.

:koolaid2::dunno:koolaid2:

but ...

Anyone?

The season starts soon.

GO BO!!

Iowa state? Baylor? Colorado? ..... Riiiight.

Give me a break.

:koolaid2::dunno:koolaid2:

Not drinking any koolaid, I just havent seen anything impressive about ISU/BU/CU nor anything from Kansas or VaTech. I really think VaTech would be a harder game as its earlier in the season not to mention I'm sure we will be hungry as hell for KU when they come.

Of course 9-3 is possible...it'll remain possible until we lose that 4th game. Hell...9-3 is even still possible for the Cyclones (though the hope of achieving that has dimmed quite a bit after watching the uninspired play calling of Chizek...we should have kept McCarney and saved a boatload of money. The results would have been the same as what I watched on Saturday).

Kansas has definately moved into the "winnable" catagory. Watching those two quick D-Ends just fly by or crush the tackles for KU brought a big smile to my face. If USF had one more decent D-end to rotate in with the two starters the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. Those two guys looked pretty bushed after going up against that no-huddle offense for an extended amount of time. And if you count the times Buie just plain grabbed and let go of Reesing....he should have been crushed into the turf about 5 more times.

Does KU have a running game? Couldn't see it. Quick ends containing Reesing and smashing him into paste...that's the ticket to winning this one.

Missouri? Haven't seen much of them since Illinois (I don't get the High School Sports Network) but their defense didn't look to be awe inspiring, especially against a mobile QB who can spread things out as a dual threat.

So...yeah, 9-3 is within the realm of possibilities.

P.S. - Hey Chezik! Use Bates as a tail back! When you have a 4th and 1 on Iowa's three yard line...go for it intstead of sending in a freshman kicker who has already missed one field goal and has to kick from the suckiest place on the field! Keep those things in mind ya moron.... :angry:

OK Husker Nation, here is the deal pickles...get it? lol.

OK, KU lost on the road to a good South Florida team 37-34 and now they're comparable to V-Tech and they are very winnable? I won't give you that. KU was very, very close to winning a road game against the #18 team in the land on a hot and muggy night in Florida. Their loss isn't as bad as most of you are making it out. Does Kansas have some flaws...yes. The o-line is not good, but give the tackles a break. I mean, Selvie is the best Defensive End in the country. NOBODY in the Big 12 compares to this guy on the d-line. So don't be so sure your team(s) will be able to apply as much pressure ad USF did to KU.

Second, even with all of the pressure, Reesing was only sacked twice. He's very mobile. Nebraska hasn't beaten anyone yet, so it's way to premature to tell if they can go 9-3. Go beat V-Tech and then we'll talk. But if you lose to them then forget about going 9-3. <_<

KU will re-group and go 5-1 before their death march to Norman. :box

VT is winnable and so is Kansas. I havent been impressed with Kansas yet(Last year or this year) so I think that game is very winnable too. Hell Kansas will probably come into our game with 3 losses.

9-3 is reasonable I believe. 8-4 is more probable.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that. KU is better than Nebraska. Sorry.

Now, don't get my last comment twisted Husker nation. I'm not saying Nebraska can't beat KU in lincoln. They can. But KU is the better team as of today. But that's why the games aren't played on paper, they're played on the field. Just ask South Florida. I still feel KU is the better team. The ehat and humidity wore our defense down. Then Reesing got greedy late. I'm going to have nightmares about that game for the rest of the season.

I still think Nebraska goes 7-5 and goes to a good bowl game. However, i will be cheering like HELL for NU to beat MU. God I hate them so. :angry:

In response, KU was better than Nebraska LAST SEASON dawg. This year, just look at the W-L records :)

KU is probably better this season too. Regardless, i think it is too early to say 9-3, a winning record in the big 12 would be needed, nothing to take for granted, plus a va tech win, which is a good chance of happening but no foregone conclusion. I think if you thought NU was not gonna run these chumps, you were very much a member of the hater camp.

but ...

Anyone?

The season starts soon.

GO BO!!

Iowa state? Baylor? Colorado? ..... Riiiight. I see all three as wins.. easily, CU especially as its late in the season and we should be rolling by then.

Give me a break.

what if ganz goes down? or potter? (granted I could say that with any of the teams we play too) who knows what going to happen. I think that we win one of mu, ou, ku, vt, tt.... but drop one to CU KSU or ISU

Until Kansas plays and beats a worthwhile team and wins I will keep thinking the way I do.

uh....

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle.

what worthwhile team has nu played and beat?

I thought the huskers beat #85, #93 and #109. I must have missed the worthwhile team part of the season.

KU has scoreboard.

GO BO!!

Give me a break.

I have posted my '08 predictions almost as many times as my creampuff rankings. you see more wins than I and I see more losses than you.

we both agree on isu.

from January.

Nu 2008 prediction--

for my entertainment purposes only--

'cause this prediction is--

-- unbelieveably early!!

-- and totally worthless.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff. All the B12 teams have coaches/systems in place, only NU is starting over this season.

7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

But--

OPINIONS VARY!!

GO BO!!

Until Kansas plays and beats a worthwhile team and wins I will keep thinking the way I do.

uh....

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle.

what worthwhile team has nu played and beat?

I thought the huskers beat #85, #93 and #109. I must have missed the worthwhile team part of the season.

KU has scoreboard.

GO BO!!

I've never said we will be great, and Ive never asked that anyone change their way of thinking about the Huskers, nor have I said we have played anybody worthwhile. But its a known fact that KU played a VERY weak schedule last year. Nobody can argue that, and still people are touting KU as a for sure loss and all this other sh#t. It gets old. KU did not impress me last year and they haven't impressed me this year. If they walk into Texas or Mizzou or TT and beat them then I will change my opinion, until then, I won't.

As far as going 6-6, I don't see it happening. CU hasn't shown me anything that tells me they are better than us, MU/OU/TT I agree are all losses most likely unless something happens. KU and VT are both toss up games. VT has an anemic offense and lost a lot of starters from last years good defense. KU is later in the year and I forsee us playing them well as we will have plenty of games under our belt by then. KSU/BU/ISU I don't beleive has any chance of winning this year.

As far as going 6-6, I don't see it happening. CU hasn't shown me anything that tells me they are better than us, MU/OU/TT I agree are all losses most likely unless something happens. KU and VT are both toss up games. VT has an anemic offense and lost a lot of starters from last years good defense. KU is later in the year and I forsee us playing them well as we will have plenty of games under our belt by then. KSU/BU/ISU I don't beleive has any chance of winning this year.

opinions vary.

GO BO!!

OK, KU lost on the road to a good South Florida team 37-34 and now they're comparable to V-Tech and they are very winnable? I won't give you that. KU was very, very close to winning a road game against the #18 team in the land on a hot and muggy night in Florida. Their loss isn't as bad as most of you are making it out. Does Kansas have some flaws...yes. The o-line is not good, but give the tackles a break. I mean, Selvie is the best Defensive End in the country. NOBODY in the Big 12 compares to this guy on the d-line.

KU will re-group and go 5-1 before their death march to Norman. :box

And if those officials knew what holding was, KU loses that game by 10+.

I do recall getting our asses handed to us by both Kansas and CU last year. Trust me, we are not much better than we were last year. Or at least it appears that way to me. NMS is the only game that they looked good and one of the main starters for NMS was out. When he was in they were capable of running and throwing on our vaunted defense.

Thinking tha KU or CU is a gimme is what got us in trouble in the past. Hell Iowa State and Baylor will give us run for our money is my guess.

6-6 is a quite real possiblity, but I think we win the CU game, but feel we will have problems with KU.

Until we prove we are not bad we are, same type situation as KU. But they have beaten a top 5 team recently, and we have not in over 7 years. There history is a little better than ours it seems.

I do recall getting our asses handed to us by both Kansas and CU last year. Trust me, we are not much better than we were last year. Or at least it appears that way to me. NMS is the only game that they looked good and one of the main starters for NMS was out. When he was in they were capable of running and throwing on our vaunted defense.

Thinking tha KU or CU is a gimme is what got us in trouble in the past. Hell Iowa State and Baylor will give us run for our money is my guess.

6-6 is a quite real possiblity, but I think we win the CU game, but feel we will have problems with KU.

Until we prove we are not bad we are, same type situation as KU. But they have beaten a top 5 team recently, and we have not in over 7 years. There history is a little better than ours it seems.

Who was capable of running and throwing on our defense from NMS? Holbrook started the game and played most of it and couldn't do sh#t. I think you are thinking about the Kyle Reed guy from SJS....

CU didnt hand us our ass, our defense couldn't hold sh#t, just like the rest of the year and they just ran away from us. If we had any sniff of a defense we would have won that game.

I never said CU and KU was a "gimme". I said I beleive we will beat CU and play a good game vs KU and have a chance at beating them.

There are NO gimme games in college football anymore.

I was speaking of their starting center. When he went out their offensive consistincey ended.

You are going on that we have a better defense than last year. So far we have not been tested, against a top level opponent. I am not certain they are much better than what we had last year.

So who is to say once we line up against Colorado the same things won't happen. We will not know until we play someone with a pulse.

We won three games against glorified high school teams. One dimensional, and terribly outmanned, playing on the road. NMS their first game. If it was our fist game what do you think the score would have been.

We are no where near where some of you think we are. In honesty I have not seen anything that makes me think we are much better than last year. When Missouri rolls out of town we will know exactly what we have, most likely after VaTech.

Better coaching, still a question of heart and dedication until we see them react to adversity.

I have said 7-5 since day one, may get by Colorado, but we got our asses handed to us no matter how you look at it. Getting blown out by nearly every team with talent. Scoreboard. If it was the other way you would be saying just the opposite.

Do it on the field against BCS opponents. Then we know what we have.