9-3 starting to look real

MNBIGRED

I was speaking of their starting center. When he went out their offensive consistincey ended.

You are going on that we have a better defense than last year. So far we have not been tested, against a top level opponent. I am not certain they are much better than what we had last year.

So who is to say once we line up against Colorado the same things won't happen. We will not know until we play someone with a pulse.

We won three games against glorified high school teams. One dimensional, and terribly outmanned, playing on the road. NMS their first game. If it was our fist game what do you think the score would have been.

We are no where near where some of you think we are. In honesty I have not seen anything that makes me think we are much better than last year. When Missouri rolls out of town we will know exactly what we have, most likely after VaTech.

Better coaching, still a question of heart and dedication until we see them react to adversity.

I have said 7-5 since day one, may get by Colorado, but we got our asses handed to us no matter how you look at it. Getting blown out by nearly every team with talent. Scoreboard. If it was the other way you would be saying just the opposite.

Do it on the field against BCS opponents. Then we know what we have.

Meh, Going off what I have seen, just the intesity we have been playing at makes us better. Look at us vs Ball St last here. First spread offense last year, we almost got beat. This year, we have at least kep them in check so far, even if they are glorified high school teams. I see the intensity and the passion is back, not saying that will equal wins but that is worlds better than where we were last year..

Also, NMS didnt have ANY consistency. Their first drive is the only drive they had that was worth talking about.

Pelini even said that the first drive they were using formations that they had never seen. After the first drive, they got the photos from upstairs, made adjustments, and the rest is history...

Their starting center went out at the end of that drive. He made all the line calls, and some said on another board he was the starting left DE. It would explain how they fell apart too and the fact that there was a non starter playing accross from slauson and murtha.

Just information that we need to be aware of guys.

I agree better effort, but still no hit in the mouth. High school against jv at best. When they are as big and as fast or faster and bigger we will know.

I still say I have not seen what I need to see to believe we are much better than last year. Hopefully the VaTech game will give me that information.

I do recall getting our asses handed to us by both Kansas and CU last year. Trust me, we are not much better than we were last year. Or at least it appears that way to me. NMS is the only game that they looked good and one of the main starters for NMS was out. When he was in they were capable of running and throwing on our vaunted defense.

Thinking tha KU or CU is a gimme is what got us in trouble in the past. Hell Iowa State and Baylor will give us run for our money is my guess.

6-6 is a quite real possiblity, but I think we win the CU game, but feel we will have problems with KU.

Until we prove we are not bad we are, same type situation as KU. But they have beaten a top 5 team recently, and we have not in over 7 years. There history is a little better than ours it seems.

we were up 2 scores at the half against CU. if we wouldnt have been throwing every play we win that game

I do recall getting our asses handed to us by both Kansas and CU last year. Trust me, we are not much better than we were last year. Or at least it appears that way to me. NMS is the only game that they looked good and one of the main starters for NMS was out. When he was in they were capable of running and throwing on our vaunted defense.

Thinking tha KU or CU is a gimme is what got us in trouble in the past. Hell Iowa State and Baylor will give us run for our money is my guess.

6-6 is a quite real possiblity, but I think we win the CU game, but feel we will have problems with KU.

Until we prove we are not bad we are, same type situation as KU. But they have beaten a top 5 team recently, and we have not in over 7 years. There history is a little better than ours it seems.

Who was capable of running and throwing on our defense from NMS? Holbrook started the game and played most of it and couldn't do sh#t. I think you are thinking about the Kyle Reed guy from SJS....

CU didnt hand us our ass, our defense couldn't hold sh#t, just like the rest of the year and they just ran away from us. If we had any sniff of a defense we would have won that game.

I never said CU and KU was a "gimme". I said I beleive we will beat CU and play a good game vs KU and have a chance at beating them.

There are NO gimme games in college football anymore.

go back and look at the game log..... they had the short field much of the 2nd half. it wasnt totally the D's fault

But again my comment is, do we have a better defense this year. I have not seen anything that indicates it so far, but it really isn't fair as we have not faced a real team yet. I see an attitude, but the 2003 team had an attitude, and again every time they face a ranked team they got beat up.

I think Bo had a much better team the last time around. Just having Super D made the team. We are placing a lot of hope on this team, Me not so much. I do not expect a lot, and until I do, I will try and reign you guys in. Man that is a tough job, you bunch of Kool Aid drinkers you.

But again my comment is, do we have a better defense this year. I have not seen anything that indicates it so far, but it really isn't fair as we have not faced a real team yet. I see an attitude, but the 2003 team had an attitude, and again every time they face a ranked team they got beat up.

I think Bo had a much better team the last time around. Just having Super D made the team. We are placing a lot of hope on this team, Me not so much. I do not expect a lot, and until I do, I will try and reign you guys in. Man that is a tough job, you bunch of Kool Aid drinkers you.

i am with you skers.....not a downer, just trying to be real too.

It is hard being the realist. It actually sucks, but I just can not swallow the kool aid any more. I want proof before I jump.

It is easy saying we are going to win 10-12, it is what everyone wants to hear. No one wants to hear we might just suck as bad as last year, I know I don't, but until we actually beat a top team on the field, there really isn't much else to say.

Not a negative person, love the Huskers with all my heart, my family has been involved with this program on a major level for over 100 years.

God I hope I am wrong and we just kick the crap out of everyone this year, but if we don't I am not going to be the one screaming that it was the coach that sucked, and I am not going to be surprised by our results either way. I just need some real proof we are as good as some seem to think.

anyone who says we are going to win 10 is closer to a Mizzou fan than a Nebraska fan. They have been saying that stuff for years. Only now are they any good. Smart husker fan knows that predicting 10 wins is silly. If the team does it--great! But to predict it based on the facts we have seen would be unwarranted. Watch a few games from the top 10--we don't look like that. Not yet.

the italicized answers the question in bold. but I agree with playing a great offense. expecting our patheticc defense to turn around and shut down a big time team ins not reasonable. we will have to have a big time offensive game + turnovers + luck.

but I do think we can shut down a very average team like CU. esp by the end of the year.

but I thinks its fair to say their has been some improvement just gaged on attitude, pressure and turnovers. it will have to continue to improve all season if we want to see anything better than 6-7 wins

I did not explain myself very well there zoogies, the starting center went out very early. He was the backbone of their team supposedly, he was replaced by the starting OT and they had a non starter against Murtha and Slauson. I think Murtha and Slauson can handle themselves, but what if that 2nd stringer just was not any good. It would make our Oline look better than it might be.

I just can not get excited about anything I have seen, we have played absolutely no one that is as big, as fast or as talented(supposedly).

It is easy to develop a swagger when you are the bully, when the playing field is even and we do the same things, then we will know what we have. Right now a lot of pie in the sky to me.

The Dline gets blown of the ball a few times, or we have several sacks of Ganz by VaTech, then we will see what we have. I honestly am afraid that we are not back, are under talented and this year could turn out just like last year very easily.