MU a blow out?

skersOVRsc

Not looking past VT, just curious  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do we even have a all conference type player? Certainly not an all american at this time.

You are talking about a team that has two viable Hypsman players. An offense that is nearly unstopable, and a few notches above anything we have seen this year. Kinda like comparing pee wee football and highschool.

This game will be far from competitive is my guess. This will have the fire Bo signs coming out is my guess, and there will again be booing at the stadium. It is going to be ugly period.

suh, potter, ganz, lucky, I think murrillo by the end of the year will be a all conference type as well. possibly murtha.

Ganz will not be close to an all conference QB --- not in the B12. there are at least 4 and mybe as many as 6 who are better. That is not a disparaging remark about Ganz. He is quite good -- but the B12 has Bradford, Harrell, Reesing, and Danial. Ganz will not be all conference.

Lucky will not be all conference either. he appears and disappears (one game good, one game gone) and, while the B12 is not strong on RB's, Lucky will not be all conference (at least not first team).

Suh may get consideration. So too may Potter. But both are long shots. Murillo has no chance at all conference.

So.... it can be argued that NU does not have a single certain all conference player --- and may not even have a single player who is a very probable all conference player. Some one may surprise us, but if so --- well, it will be a surprise.

As to the NU vs. Mu Well.... I hate to say it, but MU is in an entirely different class than NU right now. The game should not be even close. Mu should win in a blow-out. That said, emotion, some good schemes, a few breaks and NU may hang tough for a while. Victory against MU seems almost out of the question.

As for VT --- I can't really say. We seem to have a shot there. I'd still favor VT, but not prohibitively so.

Ganz will not be close to an all conference QB --- not in the B12. there are at least 4 and mybe as many as 6 who are better. That is not a disparaging remark about Ganz. He is quite good -- but the B12 has Bradford, Harrell, Reesing, and Danial. Ganz will not be all conference.

Lucky will not be all conference either. he appears and disappears (one game good, one game gone) and, while the B12 is not strong on RB's, Lucky will not be all conference (at least not first team).

Suh may get consideration. So too may Potter. But both are long shots. Murillo has no chance at all conference.

So.... it can be argued that NU does not have a single certain all conference player --- and may not even have a single player who is a very probable all conference player. Some one may surprise us, but if so --- well, it will be a surprise.

As to the NU vs. Mu Well.... I hate to say it, but MU is in an entirely different class than NU right now. The game should not be even close. Mu should win in a blow-out. That said, emotion, some good schemes, a few breaks and NU may hang tough for a while. Victory against MU seems almost out of the question.

As for VT --- I can't really say. We seem to have a shot there. I'd still favor VT, but not prohibitively so.

By that same logic, VT doesn't have an all-B12 caliber player either. And Mizzou only has Daniel and Maclin - and given the QB's you've listed, it might only be Maclin. And even if Mizzou had a roster entirely made up of All-B12 players, that still doesn't guarantee victory.

I can't remember which coach said it, but this discussion reminds me of this quote: "It's not the team with the best players who wins, it's the team who plays the best."

By that same logic, VT doesn't have an all-B12 caliber player either. And Mizzou only has Daniel and Maclin - and given the QB's you've listed, it might only be Maclin. And even if Mizzou had a roster entirely made up of All-B12 players, that still doesn't guarantee victory.

I can't remember which coach said it, but this discussion reminds me of this quote: "It's not the team with the best players who wins, it's the team who plays the best."

Good point. That said, the team with the best players usually (though not always) plays best.

If the team with the best players always did win, then USC would have around 7 straight national championships and an 80+ game winning streak. They only have, what, two championships in recent times USC can get lazy, get over confident and a hungry over-achiever every now and then surprises them. So too can any team who has a major athletic advantage over their competition (as MU does over NU). So, hope that MU comes in taking NU very, very lightly.

If NU does hang with Mizzou, or actually beats them, it will take a really hungry over-achieving Husker squad to pull it off (even if MU does come in flat). But, upsets can and do happen. And NU will need one.

I highly doubt Missouri will be taking Nebraska lightly. I'm thinking they'll probably know they've never came in to Lincoln and won for one, and they know Nebraska will soon be back to a dominant program again which would make this their best shot to beat NU at home in a long period of time... they'll come out throwin' all over the place and the Huskers will need everything to go their way to make it a game

though yet again and read back... all conference TYPE players... not all big 12 players.... obviously ganz isn't.... but put him in the big 10? well who knows... very possibly is all big 10 QB... we do have these TYPES of players... its just the big 12 is stacked on offense, and will be tough to have any all conference players on that side of the ball.

you forgot a few:

William Moore - S

Sean Weatherspoon - LB

Stryker Sulak - DE

Chase Coffman - TE

Colin Brown - OL

Jeff Wolfert - K

But as you said, all conference players on paper won't win the game

Let me give you a few more all big 12

Weatherspoon LB

Moore S (and all american)

Sulak DE

Gettys.. CB

Brown. T

Madison... G

Ziggy Hood.. DT

Barnes .. OL

and that isn't speaking of Derrick Washington RB, or Saunders or Perry WR

Missouri has alot more than Maclin and Daniel

Do we even have a all conference type player? Certainly not an all american at this time.

You are talking about a team that has two viable Hypsman players. An offense that is nearly unstopable, and a few notches above anything we have seen this year. Kinda like comparing pee wee football and highschool.

This game will be far from competitive is my guess. This will have the fire Bo signs coming out is my guess, and there will again be booing at the stadium. It is going to be ugly period.

suh, potter, ganz, lucky, I think murrillo by the end of the year will be a all conference type as well. possibly murtha.

again the question was types... I can name several conference were ganz would be a 2nd team or honorable mention type... and lucky has been the last 2 years and was preseason 1st team IIRC. its all speculation anyway, but to say we dont have anyone that is a AC type.... well I just listed them.

I highly doubt Missouri will be taking Nebraska lightly. I'm thinking they'll probably know they've never came in to Lincoln and won for one, and they know Nebraska will soon be back to a dominant program again which would make this their best shot to beat NU at home in a long period of time... they'll come out throwin' all over the place and the Huskers will need everything to go their way to make it a game

4AM2DVUDEYRUGTXUGHBHRUBJBKMBAFCI.jpg