if things keep going the way they are..........

a starting point is a starting point, the earlier you are ranked the faster you climb the rankings..............not wanting/caring about being ranked is dumb.

I kinda agree with that. Not going to obsess, but it's nice to be ranked. Last 2 weekends I wasn't at home and if you aren't top 25, good luck trying to find a score on the game.

WV lost this weekend too, at 1-2 they have to drop out. And Florida State.

a starting point is a starting point, the earlier you are ranked the faster you climb the rankings..............not wanting/caring about being ranked is dumb.

Nebraska is a program with a lot of history, ranked not too low, with a non-creampuff schedule in a power BCS conference. We won't have any trouble climbing the rankings.

My worry is the sooner we hit the top 25, the sooner the hype. Unrealistic, unmerited, burdensome hype on the program. From the team's perspective, I'd imagine it's a LOT better to be the disrespected unknown hunting down the top dogs than to be the program everyone expects to trounce other teams by 40.

So in other words...hopefully the Huskers stay down and unrecognized this week. The worst thing is to climb into the rankings during a bye week, and then go into a 3-game death march against top teams.

Isn't this kinda like bragging about getting into a post-awards show party, but you were only there because you knew some guy working security at the back door? You really weren't invited, but because of the circumstances somehow you found your way into the room....you shouldn't move up in rankings (from #28 to #25 or #6 to #3 in my opinion) if you didn't play and prove anything.

we'll be ranked Sunday for sure.....in the coaches poll at least....

ECU lost

WVA lost

FSU lost

ASU lost

Oregon lost

Boise will pry jump us, but if you look at it after that......no one there can jump us....Okie State was off this week as well....so I think we'll be sitting right at #25 tomorrow, I would be surprised to see us still unranked