Nebraska uniforms vs Wisconsin uniforms

JHaWk

Sorry but every uni thread I have to stump for the ol' Rodgers era shoulder stripes with the Interlocking NU on the helmets. For just one game that would be an awesome throwback!

I didn't care for the intertwined N and U... yuck! Reminds me too much of OU during the Switzer era. I do like the double striped shoulders, though.

And no gray facemask - do we want to look like the Cardinals?

Black jersey - maybe. I think against a patsy in game two - but not for a huge game like VT. Too different.

Wisconsin unis - y'know, I thought of that watching their highlights last week - very similar. I watched the game (on ABC tv) when we played up there in '74 - it was weird NOT rooting for the team with the red jerseys. And, of course, their RB, Jeff Mack won the game on about the last play - made me sick.

Wisconsin just sued Washburn U here over the 'bods use of the "W"

Washburn was already $150k in to defense costs when they agreed to cease and desist using it. Wisky's is red and Washburns was blue and NOT identical.

Washburn just didn't have the deep pockets to defend.

Hope they don't hear about Westside High School in Omaha, then.

Westside's W is EXACTLY the same. Their fight song is also, "On, Wisconsin." (Fight 'Em, Westside)

first of all. we had the jerseys first. they look better. end of story. now for the controversy! (intimidating bum bum bum...buuuuum) i like the idea of black jerseys. i wlll argue. this by taking a look at georgias. those are some bomb uniforms. ill argue as one of the best. and i think the all white we pulled off at CU last year was also great with the long socks and WHITE SHOES. this was a very clean uniform...meaning crisp and made the players look real athletic and gazelle like while running. haha. i like em tho. black unis too.

No, no, no. No all-white or all-red. They just look like they are playing in their longjohns. Gross.

I don't think all-red would be that bad for a big game every once in awhile. My uncle was @ the NU-OU game in '87 or '88 when the team came out in all red and he said the place went ape sh!t (still lost). If they did do it, it would be cooler if the fans and media didn't know about it until the team came out of the tunnel.

'87 was a home game and a loss. If I recall correctly this was the Our House game with the Keys, Game of the Century II, etc, etc, and possibly the worst day of my life up to that point as OU absolutely dominated. Of course the uniforms might have just been a coincidence, but I think the record with all red is pretty bad.

Wisconsin just sued Washburn U here over the 'bods use of the "W"

Washburn was already $150k in to defense costs when they agreed to cease and desist using it. Wisky's is red and Washburns was blue and NOT identical.

Washburn just didn't have the deep pockets to defend.

I don't know, but the W that Washburn used in 2002 looks pretty much identical to Wisconsin's only in blue. I'm not sure the rules but i think that Delaware and Princeton had to pay Michigan to use the same design on their helmet.

which is bullsh#t since the helmet design came from princeton.

p.s. Newearth, is there anyway i can get your avatar on a bumper sticker?

This place has tons of stickers, I don't know if it has the one you are looking for though.

http://shop.cafepress.com/nobama

Yeah, great avatar.

Should probably make one for McCain too. Both candidates represent the typical politician: ten pounds of monkey crap in a five pound bag.

Anyway, in regards to the thread's subject...can't say I really care much what the Huskers wear just as long as:

1) they win

2) they win

3) see one and two

p.s. Newearth, is there anyway i can get your avatar on a bumper sticker?

This place has tons of stickers, I don't know if it has the one you are looking for though.

http://shop.cafepress.com/nobama

Yeah, great avatar.

Should probably make one for McCain too. Both candidates represent the typical politician: ten pounds of monkey crap in a five pound bag.

McSame. Not quite as catchy, but hey, you can't all have cool names.

Maybe Sar-appalling?

No, no, no. No all-white or all-red. They just look like they are playing in their longjohns. Gross.

I don't think all-red would be that bad for a big game every once in awhile. My uncle was @ the NU-OU game in '87 or '88 when the team came out in all red and he said the place went ape sh!t (still lost). If they did do it, it would be cooler if the fans and media didn't know about it until the team came out of the tunnel.

'87 was a home game and a loss. If I recall correctly this was the Our House game with the Keys, Game of the Century II, etc, etc, and possibly the worst day of my life up to that point as OU absolutely dominated. Of course the uniforms might have just been a coincidence, but I think the record with all red is pretty bad.

OU did not dominate us that day. They were supposed to kick our a$$ and we flat handled them for almost a full four quarters. Keith Jackson made an amazing catch to win it. If the NU player had only turned and looked for the ball and intercepted or knocked it down we would have won. I asked my uncle about that game last night (because of this thread). He has been to A LOT of home games and said that was the loudest he has ever heard Mem. Stadium.