Screwed

herbers42

I noticed Suh making a hit out of bounds that was questionable, and Bo flipping out and getting another penalty. I didn't notice any "game deciding" by the refs.

So, the questionable call was not "game deciding"? When a big game like this comes down to the wire, it's the PLAYERS who should decide the game. That call was obvious to everyone I was with that it was the end. The Cornhuskers won the 4th quarter, they OUTPLAYED VT to win the game.

I'm dissapointed, but not upset. The huskers played with heart and the tried their best. I like where our program is headed!

First of all, the hit was questionable...meaning it could have gone as a penalty or not as one. It's one of those things where I would not say either call is wrong. I'm not saying the call was questionable, the hit was. The Huskers outplayed VT in the 4th, but were far enough behind they couldn't come back. The refs had nothing to do with it.

The refs gave VT the ball on the1/2 yard line, how does that not affect the f*ing outcome? By the way we lost by 5, so tell me again how two horse sh!t calls didn't affect the outcome of the game.

I can not believe how many people are blaming this loss on the refs... what a bunch of sore looser cry babies.

Let me break this down for you people the best I can. First, 93 wasn't blocked into anyone, he dived in COMPLETELY on his own. Second, his low dive landed him head first on the QB close to two yards out of bounds. Now if that is where you land, doesn't it make since that his trajectory is what landed him there. And he lead with his head on a QB, the most protected position in football! It was a bone headed play and there is no one to blame but the player for making that hit when the other player was obviously down and out of bounds.

One more note... the Huskers getting back on the national stage is not a birth right and history does not make you deserving. Earn it back if you want an stop your crying!!!!!!! Otherwise prepare yourselves for another dismal 3 years!!!!

Wow, the power of your exclamation points really hits it home. Jeez, you're right. Being pushed into someone or being unable to stop your in-flight momentum is quite a bit like deliberately leading with your head to crush a quarterback. I guess this makes me have to question Suh, though, because if a 300lb D tackle can't do any more damage than that, maybe we oughta get someone else in there. It just doesn't bode well for him.

wow, so now one foot 2 inches off the ground is called "in flight"... good thing you weren't giving the Wright Brothers advise

When you weigh 300 lbs you take what you can get. Last I checked the Wright Brothers weren't packing away a gram of protein per pound of body weight when they were training for their test flights. But thanks for coming out to support the team!!!!!

The team made too many mistakes. The Offensive line is trash. Their was no running game so teh play action isn't effective and VT was getting pressure with 3 or 4 man rushes. The Ref's did NOT lose this game. In Fact this game could have been A LOT worse without the D holding VT to 4 FG's after boneheaded offensive mistakes and special teams errors. This team did not look disciplined at times but looked like they knew what they were doing at others.

I think one thing that is a HUGE POSITIVE that can be taken out of this. When Nebraska was down 18 points the team did not quit. They came back and scored and fought. They did not lay down.

But last year the Offense was way ahead of teh defense, now it looks like the defense is slightly ahead of teh offense, but neither is anything to brag about. And you can BET Mizzou has next weeks game circled after being asked all season about not winning in Lincoln for 38 years or whatever it is. Plus they have an off week too. I wish the game wasn't on TV next week because it will be UGLY if this team makes the same mistakes they did tonight. It'll probably be ugly anyway.

But, I never expected the 9-3 season like others with the kool-aid have thought. I'm still sticking at 7-5 maybe 6-6 this year. Lots of mistakes, lots of positives and lots of what ifs after this game. Still a team and coaching staff learning. It is going in the right direction though.

Look at my name again. I don't see Nebraska fan in there anywhere. I was routing for Nebraska on this game, but I'm starting to wonder why.

Heh, okay, at least you're not pretending to be one of our fans. Personally, there is only one Big 12 team that I like and 11 that I hate.

yeah, but if your big 12 brothers don't take care of business out of conference, it isn't as helpful for the one you do care about.

I can not believe how many people are blaming this loss on the refs... what a bunch of sore looser cry babies.

Let me break this down for you people the best I can. First, 93 wasn't blocked into anyone, he dived in COMPLETELY on his own. Second, his low dive landed him head first on the QB close to two yards out of bounds. Now if that is where you land, doesn't it make since that his trajectory is what landed him there. And he lead with his head on a QB, the most protected position in football! It was a bone headed play and there is no one to blame but the player for making that hit when the other player was obviously down and out of bounds.

One more note... the Huskers getting back on the national stage is not a birth right and history does not make you deserving. Earn it back if you want an stop your crying!!!!!!! Otherwise prepare yourselves for another dismal 3 years!!!!

Wow, the power of your exclamation points really hits it home. Jeez, you're right. Being pushed into someone or being unable to stop your in-flight momentum is quite a bit like deliberately leading with your head to crush a quarterback. I guess this makes me have to question Suh, though, because if a 300lb D tackle can't do any more damage than that, maybe we oughta get someone else in there. It just doesn't bode well for him.

wow, so now one foot 2 inches off the ground is called "in flight"... good thing you weren't giving the Wright Brothers advise

Take a hike di*&khead.

Here is what cost us the game.

Blocked Punt = 2 points

Really bad Int returned inside 10 = 7 points

Spot on.

I agree with the above...those were two huge plays in the game. But the late hit call was BS. You don't call that in that situation and Suh barely touched him. The ACC refs were awful and should be called out for their poor officiating. On this same drive, right before the TD the VT ball carrier went out of bounds at the 2...but the ball was placed at half yard mark and VT got the easy score on the next play. It was obvious...you could see the marks on the sideline where the VT ball carrier had gone out of bounds. When we converted on 4th down earlier in game, we obviously made it but we got a poor spot there as well from the ACC refs and they brought the chains out but we made it by a nose. I don't know why you use ACC refs in a game like this...just use neutral conference refs in a game like this.

I am not saying we win the game if we get these calls but at least we have opportunity to win the game. I think that is why Bo was so PO'd because he knew the opportunity for the team to come back had been jobbed by the officials. He needs to just use as motivator that we can't let games come down to this...at that point in the game we needed every break to come back and win and the ACC refs were not going to let that happen. Again, use a neutral conference refs.

Take a hike di*&khead.

wow, did you come up with that all by yourself?? I'll come back to see how your doing at 3-3 going into to Iowa St.

Take a hike di*&khead.

wow, did you come up with that all by yourself?? I'll come back to see how your doing at 3-3 going into to Iowa St.

Maybe you should spend some time with your girlfriend instead...oh...yeah...nevermind.

Looks like the Ref was influenced by the VT tech player calling for the flag since it seem a minute goes by before the ref pulls and throws the flag.

Did Suh look like he was intentionally going to him him late? IMO he was unable to stop and verily touched him.

I would hope if your trying to hurt someone with a late hit and you weighed 300 plus that you do more damage then what he did.

I think what influenced the official was the fact that the VATech kid was about 3 yards out of bounds and on the ground when he got hit. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter.

Guys, no one paid off the officials nor were they biased. Nebraska simply didn't play well enough to win. We'll give it another shot next week.

They didn't give up! They are in shape! They have a great attitude! Sit back and enjoy it.

No official "screwed" this team. Nebraska should never be in the position where an officials call in the fourth quarter decides the outcome of a game. This is in the coaches and players sphere of influence in the prior quarters of the game. For fans to look for an excuse for a loss by castigating the refereeing shows a lack of respect for the game. Nebraska got beat by very inconsistent play on the teams part across the board offensively, defensively, special teams and coahing. Experence in all phases of the game will show results. Let's not fall into the trap of "blaming oficials." Let's remember the likelyhood exists the same begining of his game in the past 4 years probably would have resulted in a blow out with Nebraska embarrassed. In my mind this "loss" was a "victory" for the future.

Look at my name again. I don't see Nebraska fan in there anywhere. I was routing for Nebraska on this game, but I'm starting to wonder why.

Heh, okay, at least you're not pretending to be one of our fans. Personally, there is only one Big 12 team that I like and 11 that I hate.

yeah, but if your big 12 brothers don't take care of business out of conference, it isn't as helpful for the one you do care about.

Meh, Utah, Boise State and Hawaii have all made it to BCS games without even being in "BCS conferences." BYU might even be in the championship game if everything works out for them.