RB change up?

HuskerNMO

Starting RB  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the best use of our RB's would be Helu as the primary ball carrier, using Lucky as a hybrid back who can give Helu a breather and would also be our third and long back because of his receiving skills. You could also split him out occasionally to change up the look.

Keep Q in as a fullback and short carry guy, and occasionally give him a screen as a change-up to the opposing D.

I think Lucky and Helu should split time as the main RB's. Castille is third, but a close third, for me. Lucky really has not done poorly this season, though some will still try to tell you he has. Helu is a better pure runner, though. And when there is not much run blocking going on, Helu gives you the best chance to make something of nothing. Lucky relies on better blocking. But I would still split them as the main.

I think Lucky and Helu should split time as the main RB's. Castille is third, but a close third, for me. Lucky really has not done poorly this season, though some will still try to tell you he has. Helu is a better pure runner, though. And when there is not much run blocking going on, Helu gives you the best chance to make something of nothing. Lucky relies on better blocking. But I would still split them as the main.

:yeah

Better off not letting the situation dictate which one you have in there..The opposing Defense doesn't need any more help figuring out what play is coming next..We just don't dominate like that anymore.

Better off not letting the situation dictate which one you have in there..The opposing Defense doesn't need any more help figuring out what play is coming next..We just don't dominate like that anymore.

The offense has a better tempo to it when Helu is on the field. I think Marlon is a great third down back and could be effective as a slot reciever, I say line him up in the backfield sometimes WITH Helu and motion him out to get him isolated on a LB or S.

The offense has a better tempo to it when Helu is on the field. I think Marlon is a great third down back and could be effective as a slot reciever, I say line him up in the backfield sometimes WITH Helu and motion him out to get him isolated on a LB or S.

thank you lord! someone understands my thinking! :ahhhhhhhh

The running backs aren't the problem.

This is true. HOWEVER, with the line struggling like it is Helu should get the majority of the carries. He is the best OVERALL RUNNING back we have. Lucky is the better overall player, however he rarely breaks a tackle, he can make people miss in the open field, but first he needs to get to the open field. The problems the line is having, demands a back who can break tackles, but also have the speed to make something big happen. This demands for Helu. I'm a huge Lucky fan, it took me a long time to admit this, but we need Helu.