One maybe two more wins this year!

Not that it would have made a whole lot of difference (well..maybe a little).

But does anyone know what happened to ADI?

Seemed like in his 1st half season as a Freshman, he got all but a couple of Kickoffs through the Endzone even WITH them moving the tee back 5 yards..Now, it's landing between the 5 or 10 yd line.

Is he working too much on lifting and not enough on flexibility?

Last night, VT seemed to be starting most drives on their 35.

I have seen everyone being hard on the "D", however, if my memory serves me, was getting pretty drunk last night, our "D" made 3 or 4 major stops to force field goals, right????

Our "O" cost us the game last night, they couldn't get out of their own way. Not sure about the play calling either, seemed odd that on 1 drive we could go 80 yards in 3 plays and then not be able to move for the next 3 drives. WEIRD!!!!!

Our lack of consistency in the run game did kill us on several drives.

But there is no excuse for the way or defense allowed Taylor to run for 1st downs at his discretion. The only time they did consistently hold them was when they had a short field and didn't have enough space to open up for them, or they would have given it to them! :bang

I see us beating Bayor and Iowa State although this is not a given as Baylor has a mobile QB and we always struggle at Iowa State! Mo will take us out back of the wood shed!

You're a Dip Sh*t.

Your warning level has been increased due to your personal attack, which is a violation of Board rules. A second violation will result in a temporary ban; a third violation will result in a permanent ban.

Currently: 3-1

Missouri: very likely loss

@Texas Tech: very likely loss

@Iowa State: likely win

Baylor: likely win

@ Oklahoma: very likely loss

Kansas: likely loss

@ Kansas St.: likely win

Colorado: toss-up at this point, edge to NU right now

So that looks like 3 likely wins, 4 likely losses, and the CU wildcard. So we're probably looking at 6-5 going into the CU game.. a win would put us 7-5 and a decent season a loss would put as at 6-6 and a bit of a disappointing season.

Beating CU would lock up a bowl game, losing would still probably put us in a bowl game.

From this point on I think what will define this season will be: how close we can keep the MU, TT, KU, OU games; and whether we beat CU.

My prediction from january.

sticking to it so far.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

-- 7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

I hope to God I am wrong but Callahan left the cupboard bare! I see very little talent other than Helu. Ganz is a third rate QB and we dont have a real Line backer in the bunch. We are many years away and I know the is like going against the gods of NE football but we do suck! Or at least we sucked yesterday!

Have you ever played or watched football before? there were a lot of positives to take from the game yesterday and a lot of teaching tools.

The actual talent gap between the top 50 teams in the country is actually pretty small. It comes down to coaching, confidence, teamwork, attitude and execution. If Nebraska would have executed to the best of their abilities yesterday, people would be banging their chests about how great the team is.

They are still learning, for God's sake. The cupboard is not bare, it is just uneducated in winning football. Nebraska will win their share of football games this year.

My prediction from january.

sticking to it so far.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

-- 7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

I agree on almost all of theese but I think we have a shot to beat ku although before the game yesterday I was ready to call it a win.

I hope to God I am wrong but Callahan left the cupboard bare! I see very little talent other than Helu. Ganz is a third rate QB and we dont have a real Line backer in the bunch. We are many years away and I know the is like going against the gods of NE football but we do suck! Or at least we sucked yesterday!

Have you ever played or watched football before? there were a lot of positives to take from the game yesterday and a lot of teaching tools.

The actual talent gap between the top 50 teams in the country is actually pretty small. It comes down to coaching, confidence, teamwork, attitude and execution. If Nebraska would have executed to the best of their abilities yesterday, people would be banging their chests about how great the team is.

They are still learning, for God's sake. The cupboard is not bare, it is just uneducated in winning football. Nebraska will win their share of football games this year.

PCTopeka, we are going to have to meet sometime as our thoughts are spot on! For those that don't look at some of the plays our true freshmen, redshirt freshmen, and sophs are making and contributing to the team are looking at the glass half empty. I came home after the NMS game and highlighted some stars in the making that are sophomores or younger already contributing from plays that I saw them make. I'm going to add to that list after watching the trenches in Memorial last night.

The cupboard is NOT bare, give Bo a couple of years to build around the talent that is there and we will be back next year and especially the following year (and beyond??? if Bo's staff proves capable to keep the cupboard stocked) I admitted that I was one of the last to jump off BC's circus wagon with previous posts but I am 99.9% behind Bo (he needs to learn where to push the anger envelope during the game to prevent anymore sportsmanship penalties from his sideline)

The pendulum swings....from kool-aid drinking Big 12 champs.........to wrist cutting 2 more wins...........

Yes, we'll win more than 2 more games.

So true it's almost NOT funny. :lol:

Some of you guys live on the edge of emotion. It was never as good as some made it out to be, and it is not as bad as you are trying to now.

1. New coach - it take more than a few games to get fully adjusted. Player to coach, coach to new job.

2. Change in attitude/work ethic - some thing as above. it takes some time.

I will tell you what I saw. I saw a team that fought back and didnt give up. Last years team would have lost by 20+ with the way that game went. Players and coach got a little hot headed at the end and may have cost the team a little. But overall, they fought threw mistakes and some poor play and put together a pretty solid effort. Are they a 9-10 win team at this point, no. But realistically, few should have thought that anyway. If this team continues to improve there will be bright days ahead husker fans. Dont go turning off the lights yet...

Good post, Fro.