Bo's Penalty

One big difference between coaches getting kicked out of youth bball games and Div 1 football.

You aren't penalized 10 points if your coach get's kicked out of the bball game.

I can't believe some people are actually defending an act by a coach which absolutely and without a doubt negatively impacts the team. There is no debate IMO.

because it is quite prevalent in sports...at all levels. you might not agree with it, but for some reason that doesnt stop the coaches. I didnt agree with him doing it because of the time of the game and the situation, but there are times I think it makes sense.

One big difference between coaches getting kicked out of youth bball games and Div 1 football.

You aren't penalized 10 points if your coach get's kicked out of the bball game.

I can't believe some people are actually defending an act by a coach which absolutely and without a doubt negatively impacts the team. There is no debate IMO.

because it is quite prevalent in sports...at all levels. you might not agree with it, but for some reason that doesnt stop the coaches. I didnt agree with him doing it because of the time of the game and the situation, but there are times I think it makes sense.

I need to search for some stats about how many times a coach is flagged in D-I, the NFL, etc. I can't believe it's more than a few times a year. I don't think it's that prevalent. Why? Because coaches know they shouldn't do that crap.

So far we have two or three with the same guy.

I duno i guess this is something we can expect from him though after the way he acted in the bowl game. But i think TO will shine some wizdom down on him and calm him down. Sure get fired up and say that was a bs call but no name calling bo. That Co*# Suc##r comment is what probally got him the penalty.

I never heard what he said...but if he called the official a CS, he is lucky he didn't get ejected...and I probably wouldn't argue with that ejection, no matter how wrong the official may or may not have been on the Suh penalty.

Not entirely sure but i believe its a reference to Bull Durham where Kevin Costner calls the ump a ****-sucker in order to get thrown out. Or maybe Bo actually did call the ref a ****-sucker.

I duno i guess this is something we can expect from him though after the way he acted in the bowl game. But i think TO will shine some wizdom down on him and calm him down. Sure get fired up and say that was a bs call but no name calling bo. That Co*# Suc##r comment is what probally got him the penalty.

I never heard what he said...but if he called the official a CS, he is lucky he didn't get ejected...and I probably wouldn't argue with that ejection, no matter how wrong the official may or may not have been on the Suh penalty.

Not entirely sure but i believe its a reference to Bull Durham where Kevin Costner calls the ump a ****-sucker in order to get thrown out. Or maybe Bo actually did call the ref a ****-sucker.

i just watched the replay on espn360 and Bo definitely said some not nice things. i couldn't tell who the comment was directed towards but i also noticed that the phrase of choice was an "f'ing c***-sucker" and then Bo turned away for about 15 seconds then went back for another go and then the ref threw the flag

I don't disagree we coulda done without the penalty, but to be honest we had - by my reckoning - 60 minutes to outscore VT, and we couldn't get it done. Bo, didn't cost us a win.

Good call. The team had plenty of time to score, but didn't. I don't think one call on Bo "cost us the game." Our offense stalling so many times, the lack of a secondary, and missing blocks "cost us the game".

Why is everyone acting like they weren't pissed when the call was made then trying to be a bleacher coach. Its a good thing they did score they would have ran out more clock. Boy, Refs better watch out for the Pelini brothers, they might just send some boys on over to their house to show them what BoDiggler is. I wish he would have taken the bat out and started on at the knees. My pastor saw it and even told me that he guesses that is how they make them in the N....tear...I would though like to be God and find out how many peoples hearts were like yeah at that moment, then trying to be all religous and hypocritical about how they felt about the play.

You Cant Have it Both Ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, that bad call was the deciding factor in the game, after that happened it was really over honestly, we didnt have time to let them run 4 full plays with 0 timeouts remaining, in fact, at that point the could have almost taken a knee. It was that call.

Him getting mad, was just too bad, but I honestly didn't care. That call was so bad I would have done the same thing

I don't think we can fault the refs for throwing the flag on Suh. Granted, I really don't feel that Suh's hit was intentional, but he did land on the player laying out of bounds. That's going to get a flag almost every time, and justifiably so.

But I echo a lot of people here that say Bo made a bad situation worse. I really feel we could have forced a field goal attempted and had a chance to tie. As it was, the additional 15 yards by Bo allowed VT to score the deciding touchdown.

It sucks, but Bo has to learn he is the head coach of a DI program and he can't shoot from the hip. He has to be smarter about when and where to press the officials. It's a loss, but it is also a learning experience for him (again..ie Alamo Bowl). I still think he is capable of taking us where we want to be, but he has to smarter in the future.

It is different in football than in basketball. A Tech in basketball is only a couple points that can be quickly made up. Football is a different animal, especially in the closing minutes of a close game. You can't give that kind of yards to the other team.

Even Bo acknowledged after the game that he has to be smarter and can't do that. He will learn, hopefully. I bet TO had something to say about his choice of words, don't you?