Who should Start

Who do you think the starter should be?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You left out...

LET THE COACHES DECIDE...

that one gets my vote.

I bet the coaches discuss putting average players at each position and leaving the best players in the wrong ones.

Trust that Bo is getting the best personnel in the right spots. :blink:

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

Better "runner" - Helu

Better back "overall" - Lucky

Depends on the situation to me. As for the current situation, I say Helu. Why not, based on the current rotation we should see all three backs in turn. Maybe the loss of his starting spot will "light a fire under his ass" (Lucky).

I still believe though that Lucky will be a key part of our offense. And as for Castille, where is the big man I wanna see some mizzou guys get their sh#t rocked :) (As for mendoza, that is a good question, he has some serious wheels though :dunno )

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Swift did a great job on special teams last week, but he's too valuable as a receiver. I would hate to see him get hurt returning a punt or kick.

I hate when people use this as a philosophy. Don't use a guy on special teams because he might get hurt.

:wtf

The last I checked you can get hurt on any play. Special teams IS 1/3 of the game. Look at how important they have been in all our games so far. 2 TDs, field goals, field position and blocked kicks. If you don't play your best players you are killing your chances of winning games. Do what every you have to do, play who ever gives you the best possible chance to WIN.

To give less than your best players to 1/3 of the game is what Bill Callahan did and it was flat out wrong headed. How many red shirts did he burn??? :bang

You can't live by "what if's'. Both have returned one in the last few weeks so Swift or Paul are both up to the job. I say Paul, just so he can see the field more.

Where is Mendoza in all this? He clearly has the best wheels on the team. How is he not seeing some ST play? No hands, or what? :unsure:

I saw him drop more than a couple balls in the Red / White game.

It's game by game. We need to run the rock, so I voted Helu because he's quite simply the better runner. For those worried about Swift returning kicks and punts, let me ask you a question: is he more valuable to the team than Frazier was? TF was the backup return man his senior year. You play your best players. If we needed a balanced attack, I'd pick Lucky everytime because he's a better blocker and receiver.

Swift did a great job on special teams last week, but he's too valuable as a receiver. I would hate to see him get hurt returning a punt or kick.

I hate when people use this as a philosophy. Don't use a guy on special teams because he might get hurt.

:wtf

The last I checked you can get hurt on any play. Special teams IS 1/3 of the game. Look at how important they have been in all our games so far. 2 TDs, field goals, field position and blocked kicks. If you don't play your best players you are killing your chances of winning games. Do what every you have to do, play who ever gives you the best possible chance to WIN.

To give less than your best players to 1/3 of the game is what Bill Callahan did and it was flat out wrong headed. How many red shirts did he burn??? :bang

I don't know how many redshirts Clownahan burnt, but I do know that I burnt several watching the product he was putting on the field.

to be honest those results surprised me with the returner..... swift made a couple guys miss one time.... every other time he is back there, he dances around and doesn't get anything... the only reason he even had the chance to return that was because niles muffed the one earlier..... the 1st punt of the game for va tech that swift was back there for i feel he was only back there because he has a better head and more veteran head on his shoulders, and wouldn't field a punt inside the 10 and try to do something.... niles gets yards. period.