Nebraskas chances against MU

For some reason, I have a weird feeling that we could win this game. I'm not predicting a win but I think it will be a lot closer than most people think. No one is expecting the Huskers to come out and put up a fight but I just have a feeling that a win this weekend is very possible. I still think MU will win but I'm not counting the Huskers out of this one. Here's why:

The Huskers have something to prove after last weeks disappointment against VaTech. As you can remember most Husker fans were overconfident about NU, saying how they would win and Virginia Tech was just an average team. Then they went out and didn't play very well and I think that the overconfidence was a factor in the loss. But its completely different for this week. Everyone is expecting the Huskers to lose and everyone is talking about about how good Missouri is. I'm sure Missouri is coming to Lincoln feeling pretty comfortable as well because of their high ranking and everyone talking about their awesome offense. I have a feeling they could be overlooking NU since they killed us last year and we lost last week.

I think the Huskers being a big underdog is an advantage for them, I think we are going to play with a lot more emotion and intensity than last week. Now that we have played a top caliber team, the team knows more about what goes into the game and how they need to play to beat them. I think Bo will attack Chase Daniel early and often. I think he'll motivate the Huskers to try harder and play with more effort than last week.

I could be wrong about all of this but its something to think about. I'm just gonna pray for an NU victory this Saturday, I will be there at the game yelling and being loud for the big red. Its time we come back with a big win over MU!! :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I don't think that people are expecting Nebraska to get blown out Saturday. I know I'm not. Any realistic Missouri fan wouldn't. Lincoln is a tough place to play no matter who is visiting. NU has a real chance of winning this game, as does Missouri. I think the key for Nebraska is getting pressure on Daniel from the D-Line. Oklahoma practically pitched a tent in Mizzou's backfield twice last year, and that pressure really threw Chase off his game. Mizzou will most likely get its points, but minimize big plays and constantly pressure Daniel and we have ourselves a tight ballgame.

If the Huskers were overconfident because the fans were overconfident, then I believe we have some serious problems. If it weren't for a blocked punt, VT would more than likely be a top 10 team right now. They're coming off of a season where they played in a BCS bowl game while we stayed home and watched. Their starting QB has never lost a game as a starter. No, we got beat by the better team. We played them very close, and came up short in the end. It's not inconceivable that VT could very well beat Mizzou. This is what the Huskers need to be focused on.

From what I have seen so far this season, I am very pessimistic. I hate to be that way, but I have not been that impressed on either side of the ball. Special teams wasn't there at all when it came to covering kicks against VT...and that worries me too.

I hope I am surprised, but I realistically don't think I will be.

I think that if we can force Mizzou into a "3 and out" early in the first quarter that will be just the spark we need. They haven't had a single 3 and out in a long time if I remember correctly. Also with Mizzou having a bye week and then to start the conference off with a road game could mean some issues.

Guess we will have to wait and see. GBR

I don't think that people are expecting Nebraska to get blown out Saturday. I know I'm not. Any realistic Missouri fan wouldn't. Lincoln is a tough place to play no matter who is visiting. NU has a real chance of winning this game, as does Missouri. I think the key for Nebraska is getting pressure on Daniel from the D-Line. Oklahoma practically pitched a tent in Mizzou's backfield twice last year, and that pressure really threw Chase off his game. Mizzou will most likely get its points, but minimize big plays and constantly pressure Daniel and we have ourselves a tight ballgame.

Ah.... almost every non-Husker pundit sees this as a cakewalk for MU. Many do predict a blowout. Someone here is rationalizing away what is evidently before them.

Ah.... almost every non-Husker pundit sees this as a cakewalk for MU. Many do predict a blowout. Someone here is rationalizing away what is evidently before them.

Any realistic Nebraska fan wouldn't expect the Huskers to keep up through the third quarter.

But that sh#t isnt' any fun.

Skers 45-40.

The Huskers can win, they just need to put together a good game. They have played great in areas this year at times, but not for an extended period of time. If they play consistently smart football for 4 quarters, they have a legit shot. Can't afford any turnovers and have to be able to get Missouri off the field when they have a 3rd and long. I was less optimistic earlier in the week, but I have consumed massive amounts of kool aid and I am ready for tomorrow. :)