Karma in Lincoln

I have a question I was pondering this evening. I was watching the Cincy Marshall game, they were talking about Marshall's home record at their staduim, and I couldn't help but think about the 30 year home winning streak against Missouri. I'm usually not a guy to put a lot of weight behind numbers and streaks, but lately these things have been in the forefront. It seems like every time the huskers play, there is some record, albeit sometimes a small one, that is either in jeopardy and/or broken. I really do not want to have another dose of deja-vu tomorrow and another one down the drain. The luck has just seemed unbelievable. This program needs to have something swing their way right?

I mean, I'm right aren't I?

I began to think I was not necessarily right. Nebraska has had such a winning program for the past half century that maybe it still just won't be our turn tomorrow. Did NU do so much winning in the past that we are just naturally going to have an equally dominant place at the bottom? If that's true then we haven't even begun to suck yet. That's not a good thought. I'm not saying this is the way I feel , but my mind wondered and I think it came up with a valid question.

IMO, We as a program and a group of fans, have spent enough time wondering when we will be back. There have been enough records broken and enough finger pointing. The players and the fans of the program have done nothing to think that we should just stand aside and let someone else have their turn. Just saying, "they have the better players so, just forget about beating them" is crap. Every team and every game is a chance to show that you are the better player, even if everyone says no you're not. Tomorrow is a chance to set that building block of confidence. It is a chance for these players to put their foot down and prove that they have not fallen as far as some people say. A chance to show that a few men in 4 years could not destroy what thousands of people have built for decades. Go Huskers.

I have a question I was pondering this evening. I was watching the Cincy Marshall game, they were talking about Marshall's home record at their staduim, and I couldn't help but think about the 30 year home winning streak against Missouri. I'm usually not a guy to put a lot of weight behind numbers and streaks, but lately these things have been in the forefront. It seems like every time the huskers play, there is some record, albeit sometimes a small one, that is either in jeopardy and/or broken. I really do not want to have another dose of deja-vu tomorrow and another one down the drain. The luck has just seemed unbelievable. This program needs to have something swing their way right?

I began to think I was not necessarily right. Nebraska has had such a winning program for the past half century that maybe it still just won't be our turn tomorrow. Did NU do so much winning in the past that we are just naturally going to have an equally dominant place at the bottom? If that's true then we haven't even begun to suck yet. That's not a good thought. I'm not saying this is the way I feel , but my mind wondered and I think it came up with a valid question.

IMO, We as a program and a group of fans, have spent enough time wondering when we will be back. There have been enough records broken and enough finger pointing. The players and the fans of the program have done nothing to think that we should just stand aside and let someone else have their turn. Just saying, "they have the better players so, just forget about beating them" is crap. Every team and every game is a chance to show that you are the better player, even if everyone says no you're not. Tomorrow is a chance to set that building block of confidence. It is a chance for these players to put their foot down and prove that they have not fallen as far as some people say. A chance to show that a few men in 4 years could not destroy what thousands of people have built for decades. Go Huskers.

No question! If NU wins tomorrow, it will be a huge momentum swing for the program. I strongly believe in momentum and teams just getting on a roll. My Hawks were a great example of that. Nobody can just count Nebraska out tomorrow. Did anyone see the crap Chase Cheeseburger Daniel has been saying? Apparently he's been spouting off at the mouth. They mentioned a little of it on ESPN this afternoon. Nice bulletin board material for the game. Talk trash before going into a stadium where you haven't won in 30 years! Real smart Chase. Juts like the crap you talked before the 2nd OU game. That really worked out great for ya FAT BOY!! :box Sorry guys, I got off subject a little. Have I mentioned how much I hate MU? :madash

Nice hypothesis/sentiment, but karma is more about the NOW than the past.

So, what we put on the field 2morrow will determine the outcome.

Yeah, we are long overdue for an upset and I would be ecstatic if we bring Mizzou down.

They are not invinsible by any means. :restore:bonez:box

I have faith we will return to dominance. We had a weird chain of events. The impact Pedey and Callahan had on this program was catastrophic. They took and stepped on everything the program was about. The only thing that gives me solice is reflecting back on how many years it took OU to get it right. Remember these guys..Schnellenberger and Blake. OU was a joke for a few years before they got back on track. Funny thing is....Stoops and Pelini have similar coaching styles. Maybe we hit the nail this time. Thank God for Ozzie. If he didn't come back who knows where we would be.

By the way...had a weird dream tonight. Mizzou scored 56, and we had 54. Now I can't sleep.

That is one of the best posts I have read on Huskerboard....

It isn't about karma or bulletin board material...its about buster douglas pounding tyson..appy state knocking out michigan...beavers beating trojans....giants beating patriots. Who WANTS it more who has the drive and inspiration to prove the "experts" wrong.

Enough already! Yes it stinks the program has sunk to where it has and we are used to below average results but the only way it changes is if these guys truly want it more than whoever they are facing and just play the way they know they can with each man doing his job.