Patience Please

mwj98

It's amazing to me how folks are already throwing in the towel. I have read numerous posts on how all these "armchair quarterbacks" would make adjustments. Give me a break. Hindsight is 20/20.

Here is the reality of Nebraska football......

We are down and will be for a year or two.

We don't have the talent right now to handle Mizzou, Tech and OU. We just don't.

The Defense was getting shredded last year similar to what I have seen this year. But, we are playing hard.

What we need to do is support this team no matter what. We have had a tough 4-5 years with Callahan. I still get fired up thinking how they ruined this program. But, we have to move on.

To sit there and try and place blame, is pointless. We DON'T HAVE THE TALENT!!! I don't believe Mizzou has a good program. They have a good team right now. They will have their moment in the sun and then fade back into mediocrity. I remember Colorado winning the National Championship. They hadn't done sh*t since!!!

Support the team. Quit complaining like you know football inside and out. And throw the bones!!! :bonez

Enough said.

It's amazing to me how folks are already throwing in the towel. I have read numerous posts on how all these "armchair quarterbacks" would make adjustments. Give me a break. Hindsight is 20/20.

I agree with the rest of your post. But, Bo himself said his gameplan was garbage. It's not treason to agree with him, is it? If Bo himself said the gameplan was terrible, what's wrong with postulating about what a better gameplan would've looked like?

Just because one asks such questions doesn't make one a bad fan or impatient with the coaching staff.

I agree with the rest of your post. But, Bo himself said his gameplan was garbage. It's not treason to agree with him, is it? If Bo himself said the gameplan was terrible, what's wrong with postulating about what a better gameplan would've looked like?

Just because one asks such questions doesn't make one a bad fan or impatient with the coaching staff.

It may not make you a bad fan, but it does make you impatient with the coaching staff. This was only their fifth game with a new staff, and were playing against one of the best teams in the country. Believe it or not, their opponent last week was and is one of the bette teams in the country.

Everyone who thinks they can gameplan better than the coaching staff needs to go to Pelini's office and tell him what to do.

It may not make you a bad fan, but it does make you impatient with the coaching staff. This was only their fifth game with a new staff, and were playing against one of the best teams in the country. Believe it or not, their opponent last week was and is one of the bette teams in the country.

Everyone who thinks they can gameplan better than the coaching staff needs to go to Pelini's office and tell him what to do.

I never suggested anyone on this board, including me, could gameplan better than Bo and I never suggested that a better game plan would have defeated Missouri. You can check out some of my pre-game posts to confirm my belief that we were thoroughly outclassed.

BUT, it is undisputable that this was not the best gameplan we could have had, particularly on offense. Everyone, including the coaching staff acknowledges as much. I don't see why discussing what a better game plan would have looked like is second guessing the coaches or being impatient with them. I have confidence that over time they'll get it right, but in the meantime I enjoy discussing and debating some of the different directions in which we could go. After all, isn't that why we're all here?

Pffft. This is the second post of this manner I'm responding to. pctopeka, why do you come on this message board, if its not to actually discuss football? If no one can make an argument of any kind, what are we doing here? Are you here to police the sanctity of the collective Husker mind? These types of posts that question the questioning of the fans are ridiculous. Please take this as a non-threatening PSA.

I think saying this team will be back to prominence in 2-3 years is optimistic. First thing that is needed is to stockpile talented studs, which is lacking on both lines at this time. Bonafide playmakers are not really available, either. Next, there needs to be consistency in coaching staffs. Pelini is here now, great, we have to stand by him and give him a legitimate chance to let his work take hold. This is going to take more than 2-3 years, at least to be good on a year in-year out basis. I'm in it for the long haul, but it sure does suck losing. This team is no better than it was last season and most likely won't end up much better, either. I just hope that Pelini does not lose this team.

I think saying this team will be back to prominence in 2-3 years is optimistic. First thing that is needed is to stockpile talented studs, which is lacking on both lines at this time. Bonafide playmakers are not really available, either. Next, there needs to be consistency in coaching staffs. Pelini is here now, great, we have to stand by him and give him a legitimate chance to let his work take hold. This is going to take more than 2-3 years, at least to be good on a year in-year out basis. I'm in it for the long haul, but it sure does suck losing. This team is no better than it was last season and most likely won't end up much better, either. I just hope that Pelini does not lose this team.

Actually DJ, I think Pelini has already lost this team. At least in terms of the elder statesmen of the team. I guess what I actually mean is that he never really "had" them. Listen to the comments that some of these guys made after these last two weeks. They sound just like they did under the previous regime, "just need to put this behind us", "just need to execute better", etc. These guys are used to losing and used to not having to actually defend themselves to media. I'll know this is Bo's team/players when I hear something like, (helmet crashing against a locker) "You saw it! We played like freakin' pansies! Forget scheme and all that! We just need to sack up and clobber somebody!" When I start actually hearing players/leaders sound extremely tee'd off, and not like they've been doing this loser dance so many times that they can just push play and let the recorder spout off the same PC garbage we heard after the prior week's, I'll start believing that this is Pelini's team. Right now its still Callahan's team unfortunately.